You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Ghost In The Picture

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost In The Picture

 

In my house we have a picture up on the wall outside my bedroom.

This picture has been there for years, and it was even there before we moved there. It's of a girl with her mother reading a book to her.

One day my brother was mucking around, and decided to pierce holes in the little girls eyes. Ever since then things have been very weird in our house.

Just to describe a couple of things-

Things have gone missing and turned up weeks later in obvious places like on the table and kitchen bench. And footsteps can be heard some nights in the hallway when everyone has gone to bed.

One day we started to suffer from a rodent problem, so we cleaned out the house and threw out some of our old things. I went up to the attic to get a box of things and there was a pale faced young girl with the same style of dress as the girl in the picture. I gasped and got out of there. Ever since I have been to scared to go up there, and even to sleep.

There have never been other sightings and I told my sister but she thinks I am just trying to scare her. I am actually very confused by her reaction because my other stories (The woman in the chair and Ghost on the ceiling) I have also told her about and she was very supportive to the point where she slept with my every night. I am starting to wonder whether she has seen the figure too and just won't admit of her fear.

If you have an answer to this problem please leave it in the comments.

Thanks that would be very helpful to me and possibly my sister.

-Creepydog

Other hauntings by creepydog

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, creepydog, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

creepydog (3 stories) (71 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-22)
Yeah the girl is still around but I've never made contact again. To clarify with the picture,
It's not something that you can actually take of the wall. It is painted ON THE WALL. So my brother pierced holes through the wall. We have since made plans to move house and and elderly couple have agreed to buy the house. I wonder if It will haunt them as it haunted me?
And no the 'woman in the chair' was in my cousins house not in mine, so I don't believe she was the one moving things around. As for the blessing idea, I don't go to church therefore do not have a priest. Could you please give a follow up explanation of 'Rooks blessing'? Thank you everyone
creepydog (3 stories) (71 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-04)
Thanks for the comments guys.
I really appriciate your help. My sister is now sharing my account with me, and she is no longer scared.
I have not seen the appiration again and I can now go in the attic without shaking in fear. Thanks again guys!
😁 😁 😁
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-01)
Wannabe author o haunted teenager? 🤔

I'm confused after reading your three stories. In "The Woman in the Chair" you found your iPod on the spot where the ghost was, -does it mean you lost the iPod in your cousins's place or did it go missing from your house? Did any of your cousins ever see that lady at their place?

And what about the apparition you saw in the ceiling? -Don't you think this could be the one moving and hiding stuff around your place?
Did your brother pierce the eyes of the little girl before or after you saw the shadowy figure in the ceiling?

And about this picture: is it a photograph of a mother and daughter or just a painting? And why did your family keep an old picture that somebody left behind?

My apologies, it looks that I need more help trying to understand your "experiences" than the help you need.
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-01)
Do you guys still have the picture? Doesn't matter if there's holes in the eyes or not. Would like to see it.
Shylaw (9 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-30)
She is just upset because your brother put holes in her eyes or her moms. Just tell her your sorry and like that guy or girl said she was a human to. She won't harm you in anyway so don't worry or stress
Rozo (3 stories) (108 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-30)
I am going to go with Sds on this one, More details would help us clear things up a little more... And I totally believe it could be the girl of the painting... Once again as sds has mentioned... More info is needed on the property and its tennants... The girl in the picture could of been living there many years ago.

Please keep us updated, very interesting.
Rozo
ragini (12 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-30)
creepy experience... Agree with viper338. Just give her blessings. Don't be panic. Remember once upon a time she was human too... And has feeling too. Say sorry to her and bless her. 😊
Regards
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-01-30)
Hello creepydog, with only one sighting it is difficult to comment unless there are other evidences like her being sighted by others. Well, as viper said, it could be the same girl in the picture. You said you heard footsteps in the night and that things go missing to be found later. But, please try to investigate about the house itself. Well, please tell us if your brother, who pierced the eyes in the picture, had any experience of this sort. Did you ask your brother? You can also ask your neighbours about the history of the house and post us so that we shall be giving you some advise on this. If there is no history or no other person had any sighting, it could be some walk-in stray paranormal activity of your seeing the girl in the attic.

But, if you find the activities turn out to be negative, try Rook's method of cleansing and it could ward off the negative forces. Further, be bold and do not appear scared, it could embolden the negative spirits.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Viper338 (3 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-01-29)
Are the girl in the picture the same girl that you saw? If so, She is angry because of the holes that your brother made. You must bless her and appologise for what happened. Otherwise she will remain restless. If it is not her, it may be kin (a family member) of the girl in the picture that is haunting your home. But like you said, the girl that you saw had similar clothes on as the one in the picture... To me that mean that it is the same girl. Do the blessing and see what happens. And if nothing happened, consult your priest.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: