You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Boy At The Cemetery

Real Ghost Stories

Boy At The Cemetery

 

A few years ago, I was going to the cemetery with my mom to visit my grandpa. My grandpa is buried in Pinelawn, on the side where the deceased are buried in slots in walls. Across the street and a little bit down the block from my grandpa, are my grandma's parents, who we also visit when we go visit my grandpa. Directly across the street from my grandpa's plot, is a wooded area where no one goes because there are no plots there and next to that is a construction site where they are building more plots.

So on this particular day, my mom and I were stopping by the cemetery and then we were going to my aunt's house. It was raining pretty heavily so we decided to sit in the car in front of the wall where my grandpa is and not get out, which we rarely do. My mom was looking over at my grandpa's plot and I turned around and looked into the wooded area for a minute. Next to one of the trees, I saw a teenage boy, who looked about 15, with a black, almost mushroom haircut, a white shirt with red writing across it, red basketball shorts and sneakers. He was staring directly at me, expressionless, but looked just like you and me. The only thing that I thought was a little strange was that he was completely dry even though it was raining hard.

I turned around to tell my mom to look at the boy in the woods just standing there in the rain but when we looked back there was no one standing there. It would have been impossible for him to run out of sight that quickly, as I was only turned around for a second or two. Also, even if he had run, the only places he could have run to would have been by my grandfather's plot, or down the block which both would have been visible to us. The construction site, where they're building more plots, is fenced off so no one can get in there. I was a little spooked but didn't think anything of it.

A week later, it was much nicer out and we went back to the cemetery to visit my grandpa and my great-grandparents. When we were at my great-grandparent's plot, I started reading the plots of other deceased people. I was shocked when I looked over at the plot a few places away from my great-grandparents and saw a fifteen year old boy was buried there. For the past couple of years I've been trying to find records of him online or a picture of him but it either costs a ton of money or I get different results as his name is pretty common. I will always wonder though if he was the boy I saw in the woods.

Other hauntings by ghosthunter102

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghosthunter102, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-22)
I would say to get the date off the headstone and do a Google search of deaths in your area on that date. Make sure you use your county or even city when running the search. It is possible he died of natural causes and may not have a had a public accident, making the results of the search harder to find.

Either way, he seems like no threat. Maybe take some flowers to his grave as well next time and let him know that you saw him.
MelLundquist (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-22)
The chances are that boy you saw is he boy that is buried there. Ghost are known to hang out around their graves so it very likely that boy is the ghost of the boy buried there. If you want to do more research on it you could go the historical society in your town depending on how old the grave is or see if the library has old newspaper obituaries on file.
ghosthunter102 (5 stories) (25 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-01)
Mannerizms- that's true, I just have to find out where he used to live cause if he didn't live around here then the library probably wouldn't have too much information about him thanks for the advice 😁
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-16)
You can always go to your towns records in the local library, use his birth date and name, it should help you out a little bit. I hope this helps!

Blessed be ❤
ghosthunter102 (5 stories) (25 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-16)
Sds- I agree with you guys too that it was probably the boy. I have been doing a lot of research and I've only been able to find out his birthday and how old he was when he died. There aren't any pictures and since he died in 1993, it makes it even harder to find anything. Plus, his name is pretty common so I get a lot of different results. I was trying to find the town he died in because I could try going to a library over there to see if I could find any records of his obituary. Thanks for the feedback/advice! 😁
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-16)
Hello ghosthunter102, that is a nice paranormal sighting you had. I also feel like others that it might be the boy, who was buried near your grandpa. Try to find out, if possible whatever you can through some research and if you can see the picture of the boy, probably you will be able to identify if it was the same one you saw in the cemetery. Thanks for sharing your encounter.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
ghosthunter102 (5 stories) (25 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-15)
zombiekillerofindia- That could be true too, I didn't think of that! I hope he has found his peace too
zombie_killer_of_india (35 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-14)
perhaps the boy didn't wanted to be noticed by your mother.
Hope that he has found peace.
ghosthunter102 (5 stories) (25 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-12)
Sebastian- I think it was him too, but I'd love to find out for sure. He definitely didn't give me the impression he meant any trouble or anything. His grave never looks like he's visited by anyone so it makes sense that he could be lonely. Now whenever I go there, I sit over there for a few minutes and even look for him. Thanks for the feedback!=)
SebastianRaynes73 (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-12)
Sounds like you saw the spirit of the 15yr old boy who was buried near your family members. He was probably curious about you being there and wanted to see you. I don't think he ment any trouble. He's only young, probably lonely and looking for someone to talk to. What you saw him wearing was most likely what he was buried in. So that's why you saw him looking dry in the heavy rain. Maybe he dosent get visited often and so he gets lonley.

I think its great you saw him. Maybe he realised you and your Mom came to see your loved ones regulary and hoped you'd come and say hello to him too as he didn't get visited much.

Sebastian.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: