You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Dad's Visit

Real Ghost Stories

My Dad's Visit

 

I was 18 years old when my dad passed away, this was in 2005, I was the one who got to see him first after he passed away. Being the eldest and his favourite I knew I would have a special connection with him always.

After three days of his passing away, I was sleeping at night with my sisters and mom, when I suddenly woke up and saw him sitting near our bed. He told me briefly and very clearly the names of his five friends whom he wanted me to invite for lunch and out of those 5, I heard the names of only 3 before, so the next day when I called one of those friend he confirmed that there were indeed 2 other person with those names, who worked with him in his company. And to fulfill his wish, we invited them for lunch.

On another day, when all my uncles and us gathered to have dinner, my dad's favourite food was being cooked and as we sat to have our food, we heard loud banging on our front door as if someone wanted to come in, but when we went to check, the door was unlocked and there was no one outside. We all felt he wanted to come in and join us for dinner and wanted to be part of us.

There were times, when I wake up at night at around 2 am and see a white shadow of my dad's shape lingering near my mom's bed and I know its him. I know he misses her and us a lot and is taking care of us at every step we take.

I still see him sometimes though he doesn't talk anymore, it's either at night sitting beside us or in his favourite chair. It feels safe to think he is still around.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BettyB, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sakie (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-19)
Sorry about your father's demise.

But I think you are lucky to have a man in your life who is so concerned for all of you even after his own death!

God bless you all and may his soul rest in peace!
lostghostgal (69 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-01)
First Sorry about your father and I too lost my father when I was 17 at junior high in 1990 right now I am 40 and I don't look like it so anyway he still look out for me even I am not feel him yet but only smell smoke *Ciggerette* once year ago. Glad you have your expecerice to be with your father.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-01)
BettyB, that was a good narration. I think your father loves you, your mom and your siblings so much that he wanted to be with you, protecting you. You are gifted.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
psychicmama (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-31)
Thank you for your story. My dad visited me too after he died. It is such a solace, knowing they are OK.

Kind regards,
PM

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: