You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: My First Encounters

Real Ghost Stories

My First Encounters

 

I know that it has been a while since my last story but I would like to share to all of you some experiences that started my interest in the paranormal. I have a decent memory of these events but I will publish more stories later on.

I moved into my new home around 12/18/1998 I was 7yrs old and about to turn 8 in 2 months when we had moved in I did not have any prior experience with the paranormal except stories that my mother Redwolf would tell me.

I was a rather shy child with many problems with night terrors and had started to notice little things within the home since it was hard for me to go to sleep without my stuffed animals. Anyway at night I would hear things like footsteps within my attic that would sound like they where scraping against the wood. They where not very loud and were almost always above me (I slept on the top bunk of the bed) and I know that I was not scraping the ceiling since my legs would be tucked in the blankets so I would not make myself fall out of my bed which happened a lot because my night terrors would make me toss and turn. My parents would claim that the noises within the ceiling were caused by the house settling but I knew that it was not the cause because it would happen every night in the same location.

The year of 2000, was my first year of 3rd grade. I was held back in 1st grade because I have CAPD. For those who do not know what CADP is it is Central Auditory Processing Disorder it causes a person to not hear very well when in a room or within a crowd and makes it impossible to concentrate on anything. One morning I was getting ready to go to my bus stop by myself since my older siblings and my parents were not home. While I was locking up the house and about to leave I saw an apparition standing halfway in my parents bedroom with its face towards me. The spirit did not have any facial features but had a human form. The spirit was about 5 foot tall and was solid but completely white. Of course I was scared but I went to make sure that no one was in my parents bed room. There was no one there so I ran out of the house closing the locked front door behind myself. I told my mother what I had seen when I got home and by the description of the spirit that I told my mother, she told me that it was one of my family members watching over me. After that I did not see him again.

During the year that Ghost Hunters had started I became interested with the paranormal. In 2005 or so, my friend and I started to take our bikes and ride around our neighborhood mostly to this stream that is on a dead end street that is an equal distance from our homes. The stream is on state park land so it is open to the public but the woods that the stream runs through is used by gang members, so we would always stay on our bikes just in case we had to get out the area in a fast pace. One day during the spring of 06 my friend Joe and I went to the stream to look for turtles and while searching for them I had a feeling to look up in the trees and when I did I could see this small creature on one of the branches. It was about the size of a large owl but had piercing red eyes. My friend Joe noticed the scared expression on my face and looked to where I was looking and saw the same thing. We both stated that it was watching us and that we better leave. After we had said that the creature moved a little and we decided to leave because we both felt uneasy. As we were leaving I glanced back at the creature and it was still there but then faded away once it had noticed that I was no longer on the property. To this day I am still unsure what the creature was.

During the summer of 05, my friend and I went to an old engineering building that was part of the psychiatric center in my town. The building was very large and had two large smoke stacks on it. Joe and I found a way into the building through an old stair case on the back of the building that lead to a cat walk and after walking down the cat walk, there was a hole in the cat walk in front of the door. We decided to jump over the gap into the door to explore the building. I was the first to go into the building. It was dark but illuminated by the light coming through the windows. I did not travel far from the door because my friend was still trying to get in but was too afraid to jump the gap, which was a good thing because I did not stay long inside the room. While inside I started to hear what sounded like footsteps in a partially illuminated hallway. At first I thought that it was a security guard but I could not see anyone walking towards me. After I called out to see if the person would respond I started to hear a low growl that grew louder and along with the growling their was a louder sound of what sounded like nails on a chalkboard but against metal. I became very frightened and told my friend Joe to stop trying to get in and help me out. Once I left the noise stopped and we got the heck out of there, mostly due to me being so scared. This entity to me seemed to be very violent so I did not feel that it would have been wise to go back ever again, which I do not have to worry about since all of the psychiatric building except for the buildings being used by the college in that area have been torn down.

During the summer of 07, I was watching Ghost Hunters with my mother and when we were interrupted by my sister walking in our house with an attitude and she had started fighting with my mother within the entrance of our house. During their fight I had turned around to tell my sister to stop fighting with my mother, when I noticed something above their heads that looked like a ball of light. Both my sister and mother did not notice the light because their argument was getting heated and as their argument grew the ball of light morphed into a face that looked down on them as to be interested with the fight. After I told them to look up at the face, the entity disappeared. Looking back now I think that it was the same male spirit that I encountered in my previous story because it looked like it was being manifested from their rage.

I have also have had encounters within the year of 07, with the children spirits within my home such as hearing objects being moved in my room that I later found to be the drawers of my desk being opened and closed like someone was searching for something to play with. I had also heard on many occasions my name being called out by a little girl. My family members have also had their names called out by her as well.

I am open to any questions or suggestions and thank you all for reading my story.

Other hauntings by WhiteWolf

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, WhiteWolf, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-25)
valkricry,

The tree that the creature was in was about 30-50 feet tall and the creature did not make a sound at all which I believe startled my friends nerves and my own.

Whitewolf,
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-02-25)
Thanks, Whitewolf. Since, if you had continued down that catwalk, it would have meant falling, I can't help but wonder if that spirit (although scary) was perhaps protecting you too? Or maybe it was just protecting its 'turf' - who knows, but it does sound like you were fortunate to have gotten turned back.
Did you mean the tree creature was 30-50 inches tall? The size of a big owl - correct? Did it make any sound? I will see what I can find for you.
~Val
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-25)
valkricry,

The creature that I saw was up in a tree that I would have to say was give or take 30-50 tall and I was about 200 + feet away from it What really stood out was its red eyes and my friend and I really did not want get closer since we did not know what it was but we knew that it was not a Raccoon or possum.

The experience at the engineering building was defiantly a spirit because the hallway that the sound was coming from had some light illuminating it from the windows that surrounded that floor there were no doorways in the hall so no person/animal was hiding in the hall and the noises were approaching me the thing that really scared me was the metallic scraping.

I forgot to mention that a few years ago I found pictures of the inside of the engineering building that were taken from the first floor and showed the exact hallway that I was looking down the picture showed that there used to be a catwalk and that if My friend and I did continue that we would have fallen down to the first floor.

Whitewolf,
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-02-24)
Hi Whitewolf, is it possible to give a more detailed description of the creature you saw in the tree? I tend to agree with Lunahenry that this was a protective creature, and thought that with a better description maybe we could figure out what it is.
Given the added info given by Redwolf, and the experiences my neighbor has had working on a phsychward, the fact that you heard growling doesn't surprise me. Now mind you, there may have been an explination other than paranormal for it, but - dang, that had to be ultra scary! (we had an opussum crawl up under the porch once and several times when entering the front door, we were greeted by the worst hissing soundfollowed by with a low throaty growl. Scared us half to death.) I guess reflecting... Maybe you're lucky that all you heard was a growling - too scary!
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-21)
Lunahenry,

I have to agree with what you said since the one gang in my neighborhood would frequent the woods.

I have been trying to understand what type of spirit it was I first thought that it could have been an Imp but I have tried to find out what it was by searching on the internet but came up with no results when I would type in its description.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-20)
I want to clarify some things about the engineering buildings that WhiteWolf is talking about. The psychiatric building and engineering buildings were built in the 1940s. There were tunnels between buildings because the property was so large and the psychiatric center had different buildings for different people men and women had different buildings etc. From what I heard there was a psychiatric building for the more troubled/bordering on the criminally insane. I knew someone who had worked there as a maintenance man in the 80s. The state started downsizing the psychiatric center in the early 70s During the history of the center from the time it opened until it was closed in the early 80s there were many deaths. People escaped during the winter and died of exposure. The bodies would be brought to a potters field through the tunnels which in some areas came up through the maintenance buildings The psychiatric center wasn't fully closed until the early 90s and then it became a college and dorms. It was a heavily wooded area back then, WhiteWolf wouldn't remember that as he was too young and the area is now a condo complex to the north. And other buildings are now being built.
Anyway the point to this very long wordy post is to let you know that there is left over psychic energy left in what buildings remain standing
Lunahenry (2 stories) (50 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-20)
Hi WhiteWolf,
The creature in the woods manifested itself as being scary to both you and your friend. Once you were off the property it disappeared because it's purpose was to frighten you away for your own good since gangs were known to frequent the area. It's just my feeling.

Nice stories.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: