You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The New House And Those Who Occupy

Real Ghost Stories

The New House And Those Who Occupy

 

My family moved into a new house February 23, 2011. Though moving is a stressful experience (of which I am not at all fond), this, I thought, would be good change as we have four kids and needed the space. And while it is a great thing, there are restless spirits/entities that dwell within this place.

The day we bought this house, I was cleaning the upstairs bedrooms, bathroom, and closet. When I came upon the closet outside of what is now my son's room, I got spooked (which doesn't happen often, if at all, unless there is something there to spook me). I felt as if there was an evil presence in the closet, and like it was staring right into me. While this was creepy I didn't think much of it for a while after that. My husband had a friend of his, who is a Preacher, bless the house... That's when they started to make themselves visible.

Now, this is not the first time I have encountered the paranormal. Before the move, I was pregnant with my second child, and while my husband and I were lying on the hide-a-bed in the living room (lights and tv's off), we saw a blue light coming from our daughter's bedroom (like the blue screen on a tv). Seconds later, we watched a white figure that could've been no more than the size of our then 18 month old walk from the entry to the hallway to the kitchen (about 35-45ft) and disappear. That experience, however, was nothing like the experiences I've had in this house.

Encounter #1: It was during late summer/early autumn (not sure as the months were warmer) and rather late at night (or early morning, depending on how late one stays awake). I couldn't sleep, so I decided to fold some laundry. While I was in my daughters' room folding said laundry, I glanced into the living room and watched an adult pair of disembodied legs walk across the doorway (which is rather wide and never had any doors). Everyone in the house, with the exception of myself, was upstairs sleeping. Even the dog was upstairs, he was awake, but would not go anywhere near the steps until the next day. I do not feel that this entity was a threat.

Encounter #2: Once again, it was late at night/early morning. I was washing dishes, when all of a sudden I heard someone (what sounded like an adult male) laughing. When I turned around to see who it was, I saw a dark figure run across my daughters' room and leap as if they were diving onto the bed. By time I walked the 10ft to get to their room, it was gone. Like with the first experience, I do not feel that this particular entity was a threat. But maybe a prankster.

Encounter #3 and 4: One evening a few months ago, I was standing in front of my washing machine attempting to multitask (cook, wash clothes, and mess around on the laptop). When the washer switched cycles, I felt something grab me by the shoulder and pull me away from the washer. A few nights later, the same thing happened, but with more force. Again, this entity is not one that I was threatened by. I call it the protector, as my washer was leaking and I was unaware of the short in the cord. It almost electrocuted my husband the night of encounter #4.

Encounter #5 and 6: These, unlike the previous 4, happened during sleep paralysis. I have suffered dysfunctional sleep paralysis for 17yrs. Unlike most others who suffer sleep paralysis, I have no hallucinations (which is why they call it dysfunctional). I am totally aware of my surroundings and all of my senses are in working order during these episodes, which (to me) make them all the more terrifying. Encounter #5 happened during the month of November. I awoke to find myself in one of several nightly/daily sleep paralysis episodes. I was facing my bedroom doorway and found myself staring at an enormous black figure that was standing in front of my bathroom door (directly across from the upstairs closet that I find so creepy). It seemed to walk across the hall and I snapped out of the episode.

Episode #6 is the one that I, to this day, find puzzling. I mean, I have researched what I saw and have only found one thing similar. But the not knowing what I was dealing with is enough to drive any person mad after having the experience with it that I had. I was, yet again, experiencing one of many sleep paralysis episodes (this one, however, was late morning), but this one was different than the rest. It was not immediately noticeable, making it a bit less terrifying. When I did realize what was going on, my eyes were fixed on the foot of my bed. Out of nowhere, this ball of hair appears (no more than 2in higher than the end of my mattress, which sits on the floor. So the thing was maybe 2ft tall, give or take a couple of inches. Hair was a frizzy, light sandy brownish red). After several seconds of watching this hair-ball seemed to materialize an arm (no hands or fingers, it just came to a point) and pointed to the window. I attempted to glance toward the window, but was physically unable to take my eyes off of this creature. I, then, had a Grand Mal Seizure (this is the first seizure I have ever had. I know of no family history of seizure disorders).

Encounters #5 and 6 are the only two that I see as threatening as one appeared and felt evil and the other caused a physical ailment. #6 is especially frightening when I think back on it as I have no idea as to what I am dealing with. Ever since that experience, I have been physically and psychologically drained. The one thing similar to this creature/entity that I have found is the Keukegen, however I don't believe that this is what I was dealing with.

I have had few, less significant encounters since the last mentioned. They are mostly aural encounters (hearing thuds and people calling my name).

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jane_doe287, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

jane_doe287 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-08)
[at] Sceptic-Ari: My mother-in-law has had similar experiences, in terms of seeing and hearing things. She is hypersensitive to the paranormal and it seems to follow her.
[at] Narella: The entities in the experiences seem to be different. However, that's not to say that they are. I do believe that the last two encounters were something totally different than the previous four and that the first four encounters were two separate beings.

Thanks for the suggestion of the Rook's Cleansing. I will be sure to put it to use and keep you all posted.
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-01)
Kind courtesy rookdygin:-

Rook's Cleansing and Shielding Method (as used by myself and many other members of this site)...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-03-01)
Hi Jane,
I too would recommend Rook's cleansing.
Initially, I thought I had a possible explination for Episode #6, as you said you had a Grand Mal seizure. My sister-in-law suffers from sever epilepsy complicated by MS, and will hallucinate during/prior some of her seizures. A partial seizure would explain the other experiences (you can have one and never even know it). However, I don't really believe that is the case, as you seem to have such a clear memory of the events.
Very, very interesting.
JennZ (72 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-28)
I would suggest Rookdygin's cleansing! Please go to his page, he has it posted... This cleansing has worked for many people on this site. Rook also uses it for his home. It's worth a shot. Please keep us updated.
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-27)
Dear jane_doe287,
After reading it a second time, this question arose in my mind:
In the new house, has anyone else beside you had any of these experiences, or anything similar?
Do reply...

Regards
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-27)
Dear jane_doe287,
Thank You so much for sharing.
This is most singular...

I hereby request all my esteemed friends on this site to come down here and contribute...

Regards
Narella (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-27)
Interesting story. I don't know enough about sleep paralysis to ask questions about Experiences 5 and 6. Do you think it is the same spirit in the first four experiences? Has anything happened in the daylight? I'm glad whatever it is prevented you from being hurt.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: