You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Who Was That Nurse?

Real Ghost Stories

Who Was That Nurse?

 

Greetings! Before getting on with the story, let me describe the place I live in. I live in a place known as 'Hindu Rao Hospital'. It's located on top of a hillock in the northern part of Delhi. This hospital is quite old, around 250 years. A number of really old structures exist in the vicinity: A mutiny memorial built by the British (250 years old) , the old hospital building also called the Hindu Rao House, again built by the British (250 years) , a pillar built by Emperor Ashok (around 1500 years old) and a hunting lodge built by Firoz Shah Tughlaq (700 years old) . Due to it's remote location and scary ambiance, this hospital has gained a notorious reputation as a place of ghosts, restless spirits, suicides etc. And this reputation is true to a great extent.

This incident took place in 2008 in what I called the Hindu Rao House. My mother (a doctor in Hindu Rao) was on night duty that day. I was coming back from a play and it was a late October evening. The Hindu Rao House happened to be on my way so I stopped by to see my mother. She was at that time administering IV to a patient and told me to wait outside. So I went out and sat on the staircase. Then I saw a nurse coming up the staircase. She walked with her head bowed down and was carrying a bottle of syringe fluid in her hand. Somehow, just looking at her gave me the willies. She went past me and when I turned around in hope of recognizing her, she was no more there. I freaked out and went to my mum and asked her if she saw a nurse coming up the stairs. She replied in the negative and asked me why I was looking so scared. I narrated her the whole incident but she wouldn't believe me.

Until date I haven't got an explanation to what happened that day and I've never set foot in the Hindu Rao House unaccompanied again.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, indiandaksh, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MusicMagicNLogic (2 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-18)
The mutiny memorial could not have been 250 years old, the mutiny happened from 1857-59.

Nice story though.
indiandaksh (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-07)
Deae sds, I did some research and found out that other people too have had such experiences, I'll be posting them soon, Thanks for your advice

Dear Mac_Barbie93
She did wear a different uniform. Her aura was not visible but something I felt and cannot explain
Regards
Daksh 😊
truly-amazing (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-05)
I agree with sds you should do some research you can also talk to the other employees and see what they say, ask them if they've ever seen a nurse disappearing, I would love to hear what you find
Thanks for the story.
Mac_Barbie93 (6 stories) (42 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-05)
maybe she went upstairs before you turned? Did you go upstairs to check? Maybe your mom was busy with the patient and didn't see her? Just trying to give some rational explanations before concluding the incident as a haunting?
Was she wearing the same uniform as the nurses in the hospital wore then? Did she look different? Any sort of aura or shine or something that could distinguish her from normal human beings?
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-05)
Hello indiandaksh, I feel that it could be a residual haunting. But, you should do some research on this issue. You should ask some friends of your mother or some nurses, who are working in the place, ward boys and assistants. Unless you do some research on it and post it in this site, it would be very difficult to advise you. But, still I feel it could be residual haunting. If it is, then it should repeat on and on. Please remember the time with which you saw the entity. Try to ask someone, who works at the hospital at present, and correlate it with your experience.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Morticia1 (6 stories) (162 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-05)
She may have been a residual hauning, that is the circumstances were right for the recording to replay itself.

Wouldve been nice if youd spoken to her to see if it was so 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: