You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Was Something Trying To Hurt Me?

Real Ghost Stories

Was Something Trying To Hurt Me?

 

Before I begin I feel it is important to tell you about the relationship I have always had with cats, I have always viewed them as being sacred animals with a special connection to the afterlife, and I think of them as guardians. When I was born we already had a cat of 6 years of age so I grew up with her and as I didn't have many friends at school she was my best friend. And I mean it.

My experience happened ten years ago when I was six years of age. It happened in the early hours of the morning as it was still extremely dark. I would say around 1AM but being that age I can't quite remember, the only light available was coming through a small window above my door. As we always have the hall light on at night so we can see to go downstairs to the bathroom without tripping. My door was also slightly ajar so a thin strip of light was able to get through.

This meant my room was just above pitch black, meaning a could just about make out the shape of my TV and set of drawers without focusing too hard. I should also mention my room had a second bed in it at the time (this comes into play in a second).

It is also of importance to this experience that I tell you my cats appearance. Her name was Cleo. She was mainly white with an all black tail, all top of head and ears black, three large black patches on her back, a few tiny ones on her front and back legs and the most important part GREEN eyes. (remember this)

Cleo usually slept on my bed with me, but when I looked down she wasn't there so I looked around the room to see if she was anywhere else, I saw her sat a little further away from the corner of the other bed. Me still half asleep at this point didn't look closely or think anything of it. I lowered my hand down out of the bed and made clicking noises. She usually came when I did this. Nothing moved for a while, until the cat lifted its paw about to walk towards me.

At that point Cleo squeezed though the open door and rushed around the bed corner, past the other "cat" and came and nuzzled my hand. I froze and stared at what I thought was my cat, and suddenly noticed it had ice blue eyes that looked fiery at the same time. It stared back and I couldn't look away. But I felt and sharp sensation and looked down and realized Cleo just nipped my hand. When I looked back up the "cat" was gone. I believe Cleo protected me that day, my friend whose grandmother's side were all healers and who has dealt with her fair share of demonic entities feels it was trying to trick me into touching it or something, so it could hurt me. And that it thought taking the form of my cat would be the easiest way to do it.

I want to know what happened that night.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dragonite, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Ghostexpert101 (14 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-15)
I think it could have been a ghost but its rare to see a ghost cat but it could be a 50 50chance of both I am sensitive to ghosts so that's why I'm not ruling it out ghosts do take form of other creatures it was wierd it ran at you fast but... Why would it not sit at the door and look through an ghosts can attach themself to objects and might be follow you if it was a ghost it probaly was watching you through the hole in your door or why your family might have jumped to a spirit so fast was they conjured something it is very easy to do that so be safe
Niccanix (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-07)
I don't think the cat was evil. Demons do take shapes of animals like the black dog, etc. The cat with blue eyes was probably a curious spirit. It probably knew you have a love for cats and sensitive to spirits. Maybe Cleo was defending you because she wasn't sure about what the other cat was or what it wanted. My opinion, is a curious ghost spirit cat, and that Cleo wasn't too sure about or maybe even jealousy?
jenniferford (2 stories) (56 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-07)
I have never seen a cat as a spirit but I have of a dog but this was no dog. Now I have seen videos of a ghost like cat. Who knows really if they are or are not but if you seen a cat with blue eyes then that's what you seen. If you have love for cats and a ghost cat seen or knew this then I'm sure it liked you and wanted to hang with you. I wouldn't be scared over it. Good Luck
dragonite (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-06)
[at] ada-riam
I would say that could've been the case apart from that we only had one cat. No cat flaps. Front door always locked. Not many other cats at neighbourhood at that point, a tortoishell kitten and a few tabbies and gingers maybe but no black and white apart from mine that I ever saw. And I have never heard of other cats sneaking into households that already had a cat I them, as no stray would risk that kind of injury if the resident cat attacked. And I think it kind of insanely rare to get two unrelated cats with the exact same pattern. And I was quite a sensible child as my sisters were a lot older than me so didn't have much time to play with me so I wasn't your usual hyped up 6 year old, I was too busy trying to wrap my cat in a blanket like a baby lol.
ada-iram (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-06)
hi dargonite,
My view after reading your experince I felt it was not anything spritul maybe that's the another cat... Mostly cats enter those house which allready have cat 'to eat they leftovers' and don't forget at that time you are only 6 at age soo it's hard to understand some logic at that age
dragonite (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-05)
I should also mention that at the point I saw cleo run past the other cat my pulse must've spiked to triple figures, and at that point I had no doubt I was awake. Those few seconds that I realised the cat I almost touched wasn't my beloved cleo have got to be up there with my most vivid memories. I also very rarely have nightmares and when I wake up from them, I wake up alert. Sorry if I have left what you think may be crucial details out of the story, this is my first one.
dragonite (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-05)
[at] sds
We only had the one cat and I refer to the door as my bedroom door, not my front door or anything like that.
dragonite (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-05)
[at] baby squatch
She did appear to speed up her run past the other cat
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-05)
Hello dragonite, I feel that it is not a paranormal encounter. It could be that, since you stated that you were half-awake, you continued to visualise the dream and that Cleo did wake you up. It could be some other cat that had come into your room since it was open or the door was ajar. But, I do not think it has got anything to do with paranormal.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
BabySquatch (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-05)
A very interesting story, you certainly have a special bomd with Cleo. Did Cleo react to, or acknowledge the presence of this other cat?
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-04)
Personal opinion- demons aren't ~that~ common. I don't think you were being visited by a demon, or any sort of evil presence. I think you were just having some difficulty in fully waking up and were in a dream state when you saw the blue eyed cat. I think Cleo (I've always loved that name) saved you from a nightmare by biting you, nothing more. But, as someone who has nightmares all too often, I don't consider being woken up from a nightmare a trifling matter. On the contrary, it's pretty amazing and something to be thankful for. Cleo sounds like a good friend and I'm happy she was there for you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: