You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: I Thought They Were Just Trying To Scare Me 2

Real Ghost Stories

I Thought They Were Just Trying To Scare Me 2

 

After my first story I had been so freaked out I had my cousin come stay with me. I didn't feel comfortable being there alone during the weekends when my roommates were away. This one night she and I were in my room upstairs doing our nails and shooting the s***.

As she was talking I heard someone say "hello". I told her to be quiet for a minute and not knowing what was wrong, she stopped talking and looked at me like I was crazy. I didn't hear anything after so we continued with our conversation. Soon after that I heard it again, but it was a much louder "HELLO!" That time she heard it also and freaked out. I had double doors in my room that both locked from the top, so I went to unlock them to see if maybe my roommates had gotten home early.

Nope. It was dark downstairs and once again we heard "hello".

I locked both doors to my room and called my dad. Since he was a police officer I felt safe knowing he would be armed in case someone had broken in.

10 minutes later he called me saying he was at the front door. He checked the entire house and found every window and door to be locked and said we were probably just imagining things.

Not long after that I had woken up in the middle of night not being able to move and something over me licking my face. I assumed it was my roommates dog, but when I was finally able to move again I turned over to see that the double doors were both locked from the top.

Since then I have looked online to see if houses on that street have had weird occurrences but in 12 years I've only read one story where something similar had happened in that area. It's been 12 years and that house still haunts me.

Other hauntings by Girlfriend85

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Girlfriend85, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Girlfriend85 (2 stories) (1 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-27)
Hi Jubeele!
I have looked into it but couldn't find anything. I've read a couple stories about homes in the same area where people have had some strange occurrences (seeing, hearing things). The home is out in the boonies but thank you for your input! I get creeped out easily so what you're saying actually makes more sense to me 😝. Thank you for your feedback.
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-26)
Hi Girlfriend85, it would certainly be somewhat unnerving to have such strangeness in a new place when you were on your own. Did you or your room-mates ever find out anything about the history of the place?

It seems to me that someone (and the dog) was probably just trying to welcome the new room-mate. If you weren't filled with an overwhelming need to run away from the house and no one was harmed in any way while they stayed there, then I would say that no ill intent was meant.

I wonder what would have happened if you had simply replied "Hello" in answer to that greeting... 😊

Thanks for sharing your experience.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: