You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: I Thought They Were Just Trying To Scare Me

Real Ghost Stories

I Thought They Were Just Trying To Scare Me

 

Back in 2005 I had rented out a room in a 2 story home. My 2 roommates were cousins from Palm Springs and they were often gone during the weekends because they would be in PS with their family. (The house was in San Diego). The night I moved in they came to my room to introduce themselves and we got along instantly. After I was done unpacking "J" told me, "hey I don't want to scare you but don't go downstairs in the middle of the night. There's someone down there. This place is haunted". I laughed it off figuring he was just trying to scare me, I didn't believe in stuff like that.

Fast forward to a month later. I had just gotten off work and had a party to go to a couple hours later so I rushed home to get ready.

I was doing my makeup in my room (it was almost sunset) and I heard my roommates walking up the stairs talking. Since I was in a hurry I said loudly "hey guys!" But they didn't respond. I was kind of annoyed because we had had a disagreement days before but I thought we had all gotten over it. Annoyed I finished getting ready about ten minutes later and left the house. I literally stopped dead in my tracks when I saw their cars weren't in the driveway or parked in the street. I called "J" and asked why he had left so quickly. He said "we left yesterday morning we're in Palm Springs until tomorrow."

Needless to say I didn't go back that night. And that wasn't the only creepy thing to happen to me at that house. I got so scared I ended up bringing my cousin to stay with me because I couldn't be there alone when my roommates were out of town.

Other hauntings by Girlfriend85

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Girlfriend85, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-07)
...and then I click to the next story and answer my own question!:-)
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-07)
That would've given me the jitters too! Can you share with us what else you experienced there?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: