You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Unusual Sounds My Mom Kept Hearing

Real Ghost Stories

The Unusual Sounds My Mom Kept Hearing

 

The story was told to me by mom. It took place in Goa, soon after she got married at my grandparents' house.

Let me brief you about the house before I begin with my story. The house is situated alongside a road, facing towards a farm just opposite to it. As you enter, towards your left is my parents' room and on the right, the living room. And as we go further in front, on the left is my uncle's room and my grandparents' room on the right. The kitchen and the bathroom follow up.

A fortnight after my parents married, my dad had to work late night. My mom was all by herself at home. She found it difficult to get sleep that night. But when she finally fell asleep, it was hardly an hour when she was woken up by the sound of water gushing. (A hand pump is located at the other side of the road).

She got up to see who left the hand pump open, but to her surprise she found no one there. She went out and closed it. As she was about to go bed again, she could hear the sound of gushing water again. She tried to see who was it again, but still found no one there. This time she was getting a bit of the chills.

Then all of a sudden, she could here the noise of anklets, as though someone wearing them is running. She went in every room to locate the source of the sounds coming, but the sounds remain at the same volume at every place. She dared not to look outside again.

And then my uncle had reached home that very moment in a drunken state, so he went directly to his room. Mom, though scared, felt a bit secure since she had someone else too in the house. The sounds grew louder this time and she started hearing voices calling out her name.

She was so scared that she went and slept in my uncle's room. The entire night she was awake due to the unusual sounds. And after this she heard no more.

I would love to have your take on this. Could she have possibly been hallucinating?

Other hauntings by chelseylobo

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, chelseylobo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

karizma223cc (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-22)
Hi Chelsea

Did you not not discuss this with your dad?

Regards
Ryann
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-30)
I doubt she would be hallucinating unless she has some kind of mental health or drug problem. I don't think vivid hallucinations are very common. It is more likely there is something else going on, perhaps some residual energy, although that would not explain how the pump was turned on. Could the pump be faulty in some way? There could be a non-paranormal explanation for that and the anklets could be residual energy.
chelseylobo (4 stories) (26 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-29)
My mum is indeed brave person.
My grandmom passed away recently, so can't gather any information about the house from her.
But as soon as I get anything about it, ill keep you posted.
Maahi (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-29)
chelseylobo
Your mother is a brave women. I would like to give a small advice.
I think there would something happened in that house I mean someone's death like that. So, Better you ask your grandmother about that.

REALLY GREAT STORY AND I WOULD LIKE TO SAY AGAIN THAT YOUR MOTHER IS REALLY COURAGEOUS AND BRAVE WOMEN.

-By Maahi
zombie_killer_of_india (35 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-29)
Thats really creepy. Why would a ghost haunt only after some days of marraige.
You should be careful when you marry.LOL
chelseylobo (4 stories) (26 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-28)
Noone in the house experienced such things, except for my grandmom. She told my mom that she experienced the same when she came into the house, a few days after her marriage.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-28)
Hello chelseylobo, I agree with Zombie_killer_of_india. You should ask your grandparents or your uncle or even your dad about this. Because they have been in the house for a longer period of time, perhaps someone must have had some experiences like your mother did. Yes, your mom should be a courageous person. You can also ask the neighbours. Please do some research work, if it is possible and try to post it in the site.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
zombie_killer_of_india (35 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-27)
Hi chelseylobo,
Good to read your story. Your mother must have been a brave lady. I had a similiar experience which I would post.
Have asked your father or grandparents about this. I think they must have lived a longer time there. So they must have experience or heard someone's experience like that.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: