You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Things That Stuck With Me

Real Ghost Stories

Things That Stuck With Me

 

Just registered after digging a little deeper into some phenomena that I've experienced. I found out others have had the same things going on, that's why I want to share with you some things I experienced in my life.

Now, the reason they stuck with me and I can still remember them is because, well, they were so real! You know about these times when you think you remember something correctly, but aren't exactly sure? Now those are the times that you were probably wrong. But up to this day I still remember them clearly and can say without a doubt that I wasn't imagining anything, wasn't on drugs, wasn't sleeping, basically I was there 100%. Well, here it goes. Nothing extreme or anything, but still, unexplainable, and therefore interesting. Hope you guys could give some kind of feedback, no matter what.

I live in the Netherlands, and am 25 years old of current. Most of my youth I spent in my parents' house, in a small town in the south of the Netherlands. It's actually a pretty big and old house, dating back to the 1930's, with creepy creaking floors and dark storage rooms all included. I have always had a lively imagination, especially as a child, but still I was completely able to separate fiction from reality. In my life I have never had any truly impacting paranormal experiences, nor have I ever shown a true interest for it either. In and around the house however there were several places were I always felt "something". A feeling as if one were looked at, so to say, a pressure in the back, as if eyes were looking at you, and something was following, that made me not wanting to stay there at all. Imagination, perhaps, yet I remember always fleeing down the stair when I had to go down from the upstairs lobby. Perhaps I was making myself crazy, but the feeling was undeniably there, almost always, and it didn't feel good at all.

Anyway, from age 5 up to 20, I slept in the same bedroom. It was upstairs and pretty big (for a child at least, looking at it now almost makes me claustrophobic lol).

I remember one day, in the weekend, when I was about 10 I think, that I woke up as normal, at about 10am. As always, I would lie about lingering in bed a little longer, awake but still enjoying the nights comfort.

I remember then that I heard the sound of breathing. It was undeniably breathing. Now, I knew my dad sometimes used to snore so loud even the neighbours could hear it, but now he didn't, and this was not snoring. It seemed to come from around the floor to the left beneath my head. Afraid as I was, I didn't dare to look, and lay still in fear, even holding my own breath to make sure it wasn't just me hyperventilating. It was the sound of exhaling, sighing like, and sounded older than me, and male. I remember it going on only for about 20 seconds, after which I ran to my parents bedroom (to find them already awake), my mother comforting me and telling me it was just me breathing. I knew it wasn't me, I still know how convinced I was, and seeing as how I held my own breath and STILL heard it, I still am to this day. It never happened to me again after that, but I still remember it vividly. A very strange thing indeed.

The second thing, to me at least, was more disturbing. This happened about 6 years ago I guess. I can't give you guys the exact time and date, but I was about 18 or 19, something like that. I remember just going to bed as I always did. Nothing special.

Then, I woke up, or at least so I thought. This might sound a little strange and is hard to put into words, but let me try my best.

I dreamt that I woke up, in my room, but then I must have faded back into sleep again, for I saw a can of soda (a drink I bought daily) right in front of me, big, and it was the only thing in front of me. It then bent at the middle, like it bent over me. I then shook and was again awakened. This time, I saw my room as it was, dark, but as it really was. I felt very much awake and I think I really was this time. As I said the room was dark, as it was at night, but there was something bending over me, like that can of soda in my dream.

The room was dark, but this was darker. The figure of a man, a shadow as so to say, was standing over me, looking at me. I could only see his figure, because he was darker than my room, darker than black, almost. I do not remember what happened next. I think I again fell asleep after a few minutes, but I clearly remembered it when I was awake because I remember it to this day.

As I said, I never had any real extreme things happen to me in my life, but these accounts were things I just had to share one day, and I hope you enjoyed.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kriddie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Kriddie (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-08)
Thanks for the replies folks.

Reneespring: my parents room was about 10 meters from mine, seperated by about 4 walls. Also, the way my bed stood back then, my parents room was to the right of my head;)
taurus83 (4 stories) (84 posts)
-2
11 years ago (2013-05-30)
Wow! I had a similar experiece when I.was five years old. I was laying in bed on my left side facing the wall, when I.turn over and a small bottle of coca- cola was above my head just hovering. So I reached for it and when I grabbed it a took a sip. It floated out of my hand and diappeared ina small black cloud. It was weird but at the time I thought it was my lucky day! 😁
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-28)
Ohhh, very interesting story here, Kriddie. I too have experienced very weird and unusual phenomena. That dream though, does sound a little weird to me.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
atlantic_ghost_hunters (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-25)
That was an awesome story! If it happens to you again in the near future try and catch the breathing on a voice recorder and play it back. You would be amazed what you may find!
reneespring (148 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-24)
How far were you from your parent's bedroom? They could have been having sex. Also, the second incident could have been part of a waking dream. Hallucinations can happen when you just wake up. You were not very scared, since you just fell back asleep. I don't think these things wer paranormal.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: