You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Stuck

Real Ghost Stories

Stuck

 

This is my first time posting on here, so please bear with me.

I don't really know what category this would fall under, but here it goes. About three years ago I was living at my grandparents' house (well mobile home to be exact). This home belonged to my aunt and uncle when I was a younger child. It later was bought from my uncle after his recent divorce from my aunt.

The couple that occupied the house for a while had this creepy feeling about them. You know how when you're a kid and you can just tell when someone is just not right to be around. Well, anyway, they later moved out of the house and my grandparents bought it and let my father and his wife rent their old house.

Anyway here is the experiences. In my bedroom I was laying down sleeping when out of nowhere it feels as if someone sits on the opposite side of the bed (my bed was whichever size is just above full, a queen I think). I instantly stayed still, too worried to move, when next I feel what seems to be a hand rub my hair. (It felt comforting.) Once I gathered up the courage to roll over and look (knowing in my mind that both my grandparents were asleep on the other side of the house) I saw nothing. The rest of the night was free of anything out of the regular.

The second experience took place in what is the "spare" room, also used by my younger brothers (and I do mean younger, currently ages of 4 and 6 years old). I went to sleep in there real quick due to it being the brightest room in the house and it was mid-noon at the time. I was asleep for what felt like an hour. I was laying there on my back and next thing I know I can't move and the sheets feel as if they are constricting me. I can open up my eyes but I cannot speak a word, not even gargle. I saw nothing but felt very cold, and for being under four comforters seemed extremely weird.

The third experience (this one bothers me the most). I was helping my grandparents watch my younger brothers when at one point they went into the "spare" room to play. Then I heard the door slam. I thought nothing of it at first seeing as how they are young and love to slam doors. Then I hear the youngest one crying and the oldest screaming "NO!" I just thought they were fighting over a toy since all their toys were in that room. So I got up to intervene, but I couldn't get the door open and none of the doors except my grandparents' has a lock. I then said "If I have to come in there, boys, someone is going to be in trouble!" and right the door was released and I was able to get inside and saw straight fear in their faces. They never told me what happened.

If anyone has any idea as to what could have caused any of these please let me know. I am also pagan and am open to many answers as long as they are not completely ridiculous.

Other hauntings by Marshy

 

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Marshy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Mimi81 (203 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-30)
Marshy, I just had a thought. If the land was used as a battlefield during the Civil War, it's very possible you are dealing with more than one entity. It would explain the differences in your experiences.
Marshy (2 stories) (4 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-30)
You are very welcome Mimi81. I will try to help and answer questions as much as I can and to the best of my ability and knowledge. 😁
Mimi81 (203 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-29)
Miracles and Marshy, thank you for answering my question. I think it's great you can do that for your friends and family.

I learn so much on YGS! 😊
Marshy (2 stories) (4 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-29)
YEs, and I have already done that. I have done that for my younger brothers who are in the house frequently. Seeing as how their play room is the room where they freaked out. I have also done this for them seeing as how (after I did some talking to my neighbors) the land where the house is used to be used as a battle field during the civil war they believe.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2015-09-29)
Mimi - I'm not answering for Marshy, but just throwing in my two cents. I don't practice a particular faith but I do use protection shields and reinforce them frequently. There have been many times when I've placed a shield/bubble/barrier (whatever term makes sense) around my children, individually, in our home and especially when they are gone and I feel it needs to be done. This is also while there is a barrier around my and my parents' homes. I've also placed friends under my barrier when I feel the need.

I had a conversation with my son 2 years ago about protective barriers. He felt his dad needed one. (We practice shared parenting.) So I explained to him to use the same technique he uses when he puts a shield over himself. He understood and did that. It made him feel 100% better.

Anyway, like I said, just my two cents 😊
Mimi81 (203 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-29)
Marshy, can you put a protective barrier around the people living in the house to protect them from whatever may be there? I apologize if this is a dumb question, but I know nothing about your faith.
Marshy (2 stories) (4 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-29)
OK. Can we chill out on saying what I am or what I am not. I believe that nature is a thing to be worshiped. With out nature we wouldn't have any of the things we have. *food, water, shelter, weapons, etc.* And as far as the Spiritual protection topic. I had had myself shielded for so long and for once got curious of the things that my house held. And like any shield you can take them down when needed. Rather wise or not. And ever since that moment I haven't had any experiences except for when I let the "shield" as Redwolf called it down. I don't refer to them as shield they are typically Protection barriers.
WillowWaly (2 stories) (97 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-28)
Sorry about that Miracles, I was composing my last comment before yours appeared on the screen. All done making my points. 😊
WillowWaly (2 stories) (97 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-09-28)
Also I think the OP may have brought up being pagan because s/he wanted to highlight being open-minded to hearing many viewpoints, not just Christian or traditional ones. Not to speak for the OP, though, who is more than welcome to correct me if I've got it wrong. 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-09-28)
Okay y'all, before we get into another scuffle, keep your comments related to the story. Whether or not the o/p is Pagan, Wiccan, Catholic, Presbyterian, or none of the above is not why she submitted her experience.

And sorry, WillowWaly, for this coming on the heels of your comment, but I just now have the opportunity.
WillowWaly (2 stories) (97 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-28)
RedWolf said, 'If you are a true Pagan then you should know how to protect and shield yourself.'

As someone who has been more or less involved in the Pagan community for...hmm, thinking about it, wow, I realize it's 25 years... No. This story does not indicate that the OP is not a 'true' Pagan.

Not all Pagans are versed in, or even believe in, magic (k) al shielding type stuff. It's a nature-based and usually polytheistic spiritual path, but one need not be versed in the occult or energy work or spiritualism (not the same thing as 'spirituality') to be a Pagan.

Wiccans (Wicca being a subset of Paganism) are usually more familiar with those concepts, but you can be Pagan without being Wiccan. In other words you can be a nature-worshipper who identifies with Neo-Paganism (a modern religion with ancient roots), usually just called Paganism, *without* being magical-minded or believing in the power of sage, salt, crystals, cleansing, and all that. I have met quite a few Pagans like that and would never declare for them what their religion is or isn't.

RedWolf again: 'Without knowing if you are a true Pagan which I don't think you are, rather I think you call yourself Pagan because you don't believe in any religion. You are either Agnostic (you don't believe in church) or Athiest (you don't believe in God).'

That's not what agnostic means. At all.

Agnostics doubt (key word: doubt) the literal existence of god or gods. The word means, in Greek, not knowing. Atheists on the other hand take more of a hard line and say flat out there is no god. Agnostics tend in that direction but allow for the possibility, more or less. That's the short version, anyway.

People who are spiritual or religious but don't attend church are not necessarily agnostic at all. They are likely just lapsed Christians. To identify as a capital-P Pagan is another matter altogether, and to declare someone isn't really Pagan is like saying, 'Oh, you're not REALLY Presbyterian, you just *think* you are.'

That said, a person can be quite agnostic but identify as Pagan insofar as they identify with any religion. One way I know all this is that I am an agnostic, and a Pagan, and one of my degrees is in Religion. (Not that degrees matter much. But I want to make it clear that it's not a matter of my having read a couple books on the subject, which is why I bring up the degree.)
Mimi81 (203 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-28)
Red, I was merely giving the definition of agnostic that's in the dictionary. I've read the Bible myself many times and never come across a mention of agnostics.

I didn't say anything in my original comment about Marshy being pagan or not. However, since I've never met her, I'm going to have to take her word on what she believes.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-09-28)
Mimi
My point is that she says she is a Pagan but I don't think she is. I was trying to also make the point that if she was A Pagan she would know how to shield and protect herself.
I was taught that agnostic people don't believe in the church growing up. I stand corrected. I just asked my son who read the Bible several times cover to cover. He said technically we are both correct.
Mimi81 (203 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-28)
Marshy, I think your first experience and your brothers' experience were with two different entities. Your second experience may have been sleep paralysis, but the coldness in the room doesn't seem right for that.

You mentioned each room had a different feel. Can you give more details?

It sounds like a house cleansing would be a great idea. Personally, I'm a big believer in sage. If you do a cleansing, your brothers and any pets should not be in the house just in case things get weird.
Mimi81 (203 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-28)
Not trying to cause a problem, but an agnostic is someone who believes the existence of God or any deity cannot be proved or disproved.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
-2
9 years ago (2015-09-28)
Marshy
You say that you are Pagan. Do you say that because you aren't religious or because you ARE a Pagan. There is a huge difference. Paganism is a religion that has been around longer than any other religion. Pagans are people who worship nature.
If you are a true Pagan then you should know how to protect and shield yourself.
Without knowing if you are a true Pagan which I don't think you are, rather I think you call yourself Pagan because you don't believe in any religion. You are either Agnostic (you don't believe in church) or Athiest (you don't believe in God).
Without further information there is nothing else I can say except embrace your true faith. Pray with your grandparents and ask your god for protection. Peace will return to you if you do that.
Regards
Red
ZulaGirl (50 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-24)
Sounds like mild haunting/ night terror / misplaced psychic energy to me.
Marshy (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-21)
As far as knowing if anyone close to me has passed away around that date or not I can not recall. I'm also unsure about what happened in the house when it was in the hands of the other couple between the time of my Aunt and Uncle, and my grandparents. I remember staying in the house as a young child and just feeling as if something was watching me. Nothing scary has happened enough that my grandparents have seemed concerned. Is it possible that people who had the house prior to my grandparents could have accepted something in to the house and places a barrier on each room. The reason I'm just now bringing this up is for the fact that each room has a different feel about them.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-18)
Welcome to YGS.

For what you say, your first experience was not scary; I think there is not enough info in your story to decide what exactly touched your hair.
Do you remember if any of your relatives or close friends passed away around that day or if it was the anniversary of someone's death? The fact that you didn't feel uneasy about it, makes me think of the visit of a loving spirit.

It is possible that your second experience was sleep paralysis, though scary it is not paranormal in nature.

As for the third experience it is hard to say without knowing what your brothers saw/heard or experienced that day.

Do you know if your grandparents have experienced anything unexplained in the house?
Perhaps it would be a good idea to suggest to cleanse the house according to their religious beliefs.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: