You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Touching Ghost And Text Messages Related?

Real Ghost Stories

Touching Ghost And Text Messages Related?

 

Last night I went to my bedroom, tired and ready for sleep but once I laid in bed, my mind was energized and couldn't fall asleep. I turned off the light anyway and tried to sleep but I ended up turning it back on and reading. After I read for about an hour, I heard my cell phone make a sound like an incoming text but it didn't sound quite right. I looked at my display and saw a text box with 4 lines of text but I couldn't read any words because it immediately disappeared and it didn't save to the phone. BTW, I don't have a smart phone:) just the go-phone type.

A couple of minutes after the text, I felt something touching my forearm that was under the sheet. It felt like it was being rubbed and I could see the sheet moving with it. I have also been touched like this before, once in church; something was rubbing my bicep, as if someone had there arm around me. Anyway, I asked it to stop touching my arm and it did.

I picked up my phone and looked at it again and checked for any saved text messages but none were there. I went to put it down again but as I was looking at the display a message came in with no sound this time. It only appeared for a second and again, I couldn't read it but did notice it only had 2 lines of text this time. This one didn't save either.

I am wondering if these weird messages on my phone have anything to do with the touchy-feely spirit or whatever it may be that likes to visit my bedroom. Or could it just be phone glitches (it's never happened before). The messages come in like the emergency alert system but doesn't have that annoying sound and doesn't let me read them.

I appreciate any comments. Has anyone else had this happen with their phones?

Thanks

Other hauntings by webbie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, webbie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

webbie (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-06)
Thanks Leslie81, those are wise words and when we are faced with new things sometimes it's all we got. :)
Leslie81 (1 stories) (36 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-31)
Yes, our experiences are quite similar! 😆 The touches are a constant for me. They happen all the time now. Not scary, just...there. Its gotten more frequent the last few years. Hearing things has gotten more frequent too. As i'm writing this, i'm listening to a Banshee screaming while i'm sitting out at my yardsale. Anyway, a wise person once told me to go with my instincts. He said your first thought or feeling is usually right. (Not sure why I put that last part in there, but felt it needed to be there for some reason.)
webbie (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-31)
Shady4u- That's a good question. You made me think back a bit 😊 and the answer is yes, but it only happened twice before this experience. The first (that I remember) was over 10 years ago and the touch was on the face. The second was about 4 years ago and it was on the shoulder. Both times I was woken up by the touches, so I suppose they were done to wake me. 😕

I have experienced unexplained things since a young child but the touching was never common.

Good to know about the DND - thanks for the info.
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-29)
Hello again! Needed to know something more so back here 😜. Well, did you experience any sort of unexplainable touching when your beloved father was alive? And about DND, it is activated to avoid stupid unwanted calls and texts from the cellular network company mostly advertising about their schemes and stuffs like that, its not for the people we make contact with but after reading your answer, I don't think you activated that either LOL. Awaiting a reply 😊
webbie (4 stories) (23 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-28)
Shady4u - Thank you for commenting. Now to answer your questions.

1. I do have cats, however, they do not sleep with me because they would keep me up all night if they did. Their domain is the living-room, etc. So no, no animals were in my bedroom when I was touched.

2. Thanks again. My father and I were close, so yes there were many things I experienced about him when he was alive. For some reason I became psychically empathic (I hope that is the right term) when he was alive. It's a bit hard to explain but I could feel what he was feeling when he was sick or in pain. I believed it to be a warning system and I would call him up and tell him "Time for the doctor."

3.I didn't even know phones had DND (do not disturb) LOL but I wouldn't have done that anyway, not with my family. I like to be available when needed, regardless of time.

4. My husband lives with me. The night of the touching, he was asleep and on the far side of the bed (I checked). When things like that happen to me, he is usually asleep or not home. There was only one time he told me he heard a voice in the house. We were both in the living-room having a conversation and he heard a male speak next to him. I was farther away from him but I heard the voice but it wasn't as distinct to me.

I hope I answered the questions you needed. Thanks for replying.
webbie (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-28)
Leslie81- Thanks again for replying. The grandfather rings true to me too, except he was maternal. He used to smoke a tobacco pipe and even though he has been gone over 10 years, I still smell his pipe sometimes. The most recent; I was walking to my car in the park and I smelled it. I looked around but no one was there so I quickly got in my car and left. I found out two days later that a student had been robbed in the park near the cars on that day and time. I do believe he was warning me that trouble was lurking there and I'm glad I took the hint:) I do believe phantom smells can be from spirits.

Also to add to that, just the other day I smelled a cologne near me while I was at home and I thought to myself 'WOW, I haven't smelled that in a long time." It was my father's cologne. LOL I wonder if he knows about these posts I have been writing!

You and I seem to have kindred experiences. My father showed up in a dream, like your grandmother; I asked him why he was here because he was dead. He had the same personality, he just shrugged his shoulders and said "I'm just watching."

You are so right about the subconscious level only receiving the messages. I feel I have received a few through dreams but have no recollection of the words but yet it feels like *my soul* knows exactly what was said.
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-05-27)
Hey there! After reading the story and the comments, I can conclude that the touch you felt in the church was indeed your father. He wanted to let you know that he is at peace and its time you get over the loss and be brave. I am so sorry to know about your father's loss. I have some questions though:
1. Do you have any pets?
2. Did you experience anything out of the ordinary before your father passed away? (again sorry for his loss)
3. Have you activated the DND (do not disturb) in your cellular network?
4. Do you live alone? And if not, has anyone else, besides you, experienced anything as such?
That's all I gotta ask 😊. Sorry if that's too much. Hope to have a reply soon. Thank you.
-Shady
Leslie81 (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-27)
I know what you mean. Lol. It'd drive me bonkers wondering what the texts said. But I sounds like someone is trying to comfort you.:) Maybe both incidents were your father, maybe. Whatever the texts said it must have been comforting to you deep down, maybe on a subconscious level, sense you were able to go to sleep after having a difficult time before the texts and the touch. After my paternal grandfather died, I could smell the smoke from his pipe once in a while (in my home with the windows closed and no one smokes in my house). He always smoked a pipe. Once in a while I still catch a whiff and he's been gone years. My paternal grandmother has visited me in my dreams, one I remember I knew it was a dream partway through it. Can't remember what was said though. Which is frustrating. We were in the kitchen. I looked out the window and things were the way they were before she died (after she died they moved the trailer and changed a lot). Then it hit me that what I was seeing wasn't real physically and I turned to look at her and said "You died..." in a confused tone (I didn't know as much then as I do now. And I since learned that many things I thought were dreams were really astral travel and some were memories. But that's another topic:) ). As soon as I said that, I woke up. Like your texts, I wonder what she said. Don't know why I don't remember. I guess whatever is said must get to us on a subconscious level.
webbie (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-26)
Leslie81 - Thanks so much for the comments and kind words. I think you may be right; the two texts may have been trying to confirm the presence. I guess in that sense, the words of it don't matter but I will always be curious about it.

Oddly enough, I did fall asleep after the second text came in. One would think I should stay up all night freaking out.LOL

After my father died, I think he tried very hard to let me know he was still around and I still think that was him in church because he would do something like that.

I have learned, like you, that day and night no longer matter with spirits. They like to make contact when they can. But the church thing... Totally opened up my mind.:)
Leslie81 (1 stories) (36 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-26)
By the way, i've been touched by spirits many places and at different times. Where I am doesn't seem to matter and whether its day or night doesn't either. I was walking back to my car with my arms full of supplies from scrapbooking at a church once and (with NO breeze) had my hair pushed into my face. It was late afternoon. Sun still up.
Leslie81 (1 stories) (36 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-26)
Could be that the text and the incident in the bedroom was something trying to let you know its there. Were you able to fall asleep easily after that? Sounds like whoever touched you at church was trying to comfort you. Could be that it was your father, trying to let you know he's ok. Its too bad the text didn't save so you could read it. Wonder what it said? And i'm sorry for your loss.
webbie (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-25)
Leslie81 - When the touch happened in my bedroom I didn't feel anything out of sorts. It didn't feel negative or positive, to be honest. I only had an awareness that it was happening.
The touching experience in church was after my father died and I was attending one of his masses. So yes, I was comforted by that touch but only because I believed it to be him. I have to admit though, it did shock me a bit because I didn't expect something like that to happen at a church.:) Thanks for your comment.
webbie (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-25)
Vulcan10 - I understand what you are saying; however, in my case, I disagree. When the first text came in it had 4 lines of 4-5 letter words so it looked like this:
Xxxx xxxxx xxxx
Xxxxx xxxx xxxx
Xxxx xxxxx xxxx
Xxxx xxxx xxxxx
I replaced the letters with X's. The second text only had 2 lines of words of same length. I am not able to read an entire text like that in a glimpse but thanks for your comment.
Leslie81 (1 stories) (36 posts)
+4
11 years ago (2013-05-25)
Could be a phone glitch (my phone before this one was a regular flip phone and it had loads of weird glitches), but I really don't think it is. Sounds like whoever they are, they're trying to comfort you. You said you got the the first text and touch when you couldn't get to sleep. How does it make you feel? Does either experience scare you, or does it calm you, bring you warm feelings? The other touch experience was at church, were you worried about something or someone at the time? Were you comforted after the touch? Or upset by it?
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-05-25)
no can't say that I have, but, I know that if I just glance at anything with no more words than that I would read it everytime without fail and know what it said. Text doesn't require "reading" as long as its in english just the fraction of a second glance and you see it all and know what it says.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: