You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Katie My Dear With The Bow Come Home

Real Ghost Stories

Katie My Dear With The Bow Come Home

 

This story is about my beloved cat, Katie, she was a darling, she wore an velvet pink bow collar, and an pink velvet harness with an bell, (no I did NOT walk her, I just put it on her when she went outside, just in case she got lost and her collar fell off, so people knew she had an lovely home) I had her since 2000, she was very old and perfectly healthy, until her death in 24/12/2019, sadly she died Christmas eve.

I actually brought her 2 presents, an fish wand with catnip in it, and an soft cat toy that looked like an fish with catnip in it, she would have loved them, but she never got to play with them, she died of nothing, but old age. She died peacefully in her sleep, it was the worst Christmas ever, I was crying my head off. On Christmas day, once I finished giving my family their presents and they gave me mine, there was still one present left.

The name tag said to "kayleh" from "katie" I started crying and asked who did it, but they all said they did not, I opened it and I saw Katie's velvet collar, velvet harness with a bell and the fish wand and fish plush I brought her, there was an photo of her, that I never took, it had writing on the back it read "hi kayleh, please don't cry, I can only be with you in ghost form, I shall see you tonight. From katie your beloved maine coon" I cried and asked who did it.

Nobody had done so. I ran to my room and grabbed a pin from the pot and hung the photo up and stared at it, her blue eyes, tannish brown fur on the top half of her face, the white mouth and white bottom part of her face, her tufts of white hair on the tip of her ears, I cried for hours, and then fell asleep, I dreamt of Katie.

Katie was on my bed meowing, and then spoke, I remember exactly what she said "hi, kayleh, I will stay with you forever in ghost form. I love you" she was wearing her velvet harness and collar, and then I woke up to a familiar meow.

It was Katie! I sobbed, she had her velvet collar and harness on, I smoothed her but she was cold, but she rubbed my hand and she was purring, this is the first time I saw her when she was dead.

I continue to see her everyday, this is 100% true, I sob everytime I see her, my friends or family don't believe me so I posted it here, her name was similar to mine.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Dakota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, i-have-a-crush-on-firestar, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

i-have-a-crush-on-firestar (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-04-01)
funny, the cat is way too adorable, your comment just had me laughing so hard that you were corrected by your 18 year old XD
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
4 years ago (2020-03-31)
i-have-a-crush-on-firestar, I feel like an idiot 😜 I was telling my 18-yr-old about your profile name and that I mentioned I knew who firestar is. He looked at me and said, "Mom, you mean Starfire?" Yeah, I'm embarrassed LOL

Curiosity got the better of me and I Googled Firestar. If it's the cat, I understand. That cat is gorgeous 😊 ❤
i-have-a-crush-on-firestar (1 stories) (24 posts)
-1
4 years ago (2020-03-31)
that's something I have no idea of, I did ask the shelter how they got the photo but they didn't answer
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+3
4 years ago (2020-03-30)
Something doesn't make sense to me. Where did the shelter get a picture of your 19 year old cat?
VeronicaMarie (5 stories) (106 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-03-30)
Kayleh, just wanted to say that the title of your post is so moving and poignant. Every time I see it, it pulls at my heart in a way that I don't usually feel from just a title. Sending you hugs and healing thoughts.
i-have-a-crush-on-firestar (1 stories) (24 posts)
-1
4 years ago (2020-03-30)
i really don't know, but I did post it on facebook on twitter, it kept getting shared so someone who works there could of saw it, but that possibility is low
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
4 years ago (2020-03-29)
i-have-a-crush-on-firestar, how did the shelter know Katie had passed? You said she had been with you since 2000. That's a long time for a shelter to stay in touch with someone who adopted an animal.
i-have-a-crush-on-firestar (1 stories) (24 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-03-26)
UPDATE: i've finally found out where it came from, the shelter she came from did the note, and my brother done the present, I am very glad I know where it came from. Although half of me is a bit mad about not being told, the shelter said there was an spelling mistake, the //i shall see you tonight// was the mistake. The appearances are still happening except now they are lasting longer, oh and yes it is the part of my country
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-03-23)
RCRuskin - Why should anyone mind the sharing of such a touching and true scenario? A very good "ad", if I may say so.

Regards, Melda
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-03-23)
Just doing my midday checking of news and social medias, found this ad on facebook. Normally, I dislike sharing ads, and this ad regards a dog but this story is about a cat, but the message applies regardless of the pet's species.

Https://www.dzeetee.com/dog-its-true-dog040302hy?checkout=cart

Hope no one minds it being shared.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-03-20)
i-have-a-crush-on-firestar, I am sorry for the loss of your pet but still I don't believe that the Christmas present was from your pet. The pet can come back to make its presence known but all the other things you said, I am sorry to say, it is not believable.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+6
4 years ago (2020-03-14)
i-have-a-crush-on-firestar, because I have an 18 year old son and am raising my 6 year old grandson, I have seen a zillion episodes of Teen Titans and do know who Firestar is LOL

I agree with both Melda and lady-glow. I don't believe your cat took a selfie, wrapped it and wrote you a letter. I do believe, though, she may still be with you in spirit form.
MrsRamsay (guest)
-1
4 years ago (2020-03-13)
Hi there and thank you for the story!

I have a question (and it's because I am a teacher): is there a reason you say "an velvet bow" instead of "a velvet bow?" or "an fish wand" rather than "a fish wand?"

I truly do not mean to correct your grammar, but I have a great curiosity about it. Perhaps your part of the country says it this way? (though I'm originally from Nebraska and have not heard this before). It's so unique... I also imagined it might be because you are a very unique person!
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-03-13)
Thank you, Lealeigh.

(Though to be honest I think either my dad, or a homeless man who lived in the alley behind our house left the note rather than the squirrels. Still, it makes a nice story.:)

And to Lover of Firestar, I partly agree and partly disagree with Melda and Lady Glow. Someone in your family put the present together for you, and it was a gesture of kindness and affection.

And it is quite okay if no one will admit they are the one who did it. It is likely enough to be true that they are not the *one*.

It is enough that you and Katie shared affection.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-03-12)
Melda has said exactly what I think.

Kayleh.

I'm sorry for your loss.
Though I empathize with the sorrow that comes with the loss of a pet and have experienced the visits of more than one of my departed pets, and absolutely believe that she comes to visit, I doubt Katie would have acquired any human skills after her passing.

Unless you saw her writing and taking selfies during her life, it's hard to accept that she would do it in her spirit form. It is more likely that she got human help putting that present together.

"Siempre hay más belleza en una terrible verdad que en una linda mentira" (A terrible truth is always more beautiful than a nice lie).
In my opinion, you deserve to be told the truth about who put that present for you.

Thanks for sharing this bittersweet and lovely experience with us.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+6
4 years ago (2020-03-12)
Kayleh - I do believe that Katie has come back to visit you. I have had too many experiences with passed pets to disbelieve you.

Now I am being totally honest with you, perhaps brutally so. I do not wish to hurt your feelings and I am certainly NOT calling you a liar.

My honest feeling is that a member of your family or a close friend organised that gift for you from Katie. I think they owe it to you to confess to it.

I have walked this earth for many years now and I still remember every single pet that shared my life from my childhood days. That's how precious they are.

Believe me, you will find more animals to love as much as you loved Katie and they all of them retain a special place in your heart and in your memory.

Regards, Melda
Samasnasir (4 posts)
+6
4 years ago (2020-03-11)
There is no need to sob dear. You're Katie loves you and will stay with you in this world and the next. She's made it a point to stay and let you know she's right by your side all of the time. I know it's weird to think like this but she's still Katie, your beloved cat, still meows, still purrs, still snuggles up to you. She's still your cat albeit in a non corporeal form. She's still here and that hopefully warms your heart.

I too have cats that decided to stay, one cat physically left us three years ago but as soon as he passed from one form to the next he was right back with us the next night. I see him, I hear him, my fiance sees him as well. Even his little brother cat sees him, they play around the house just like before. My fiancee has another cat here as well, she left her corporeal body in 1991 but to this day she's her, sleeping in our chair next to the computer at this very moment. You and I are blessed. Smile and call for her, tell her you love her. Everything will be ok. Trust me.
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-03-10)
Hello Kayleh,

I am sorry for your loss. Be comforted that Katie lived in a good home, had you as a loving friend and lived a very long life. She passed in peace and not by violence out in the world, as many pets do.

Time heals many wounds and her loss will be easier to bear some day.

- Maria

***

RCRuskin,

The comment about the squirrels was just what I needed to read to make this a better day! Your father must have wonderful character! And you also, for feeding the squirrels.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
+6
4 years ago (2020-03-10)
Hi, 'I have a crush'. I have no idea who firestar is and that's just as well.:)

As to your experience. This is going to sound harsher than is meant. Please forgive me if it does.

Hmm. This sounds to me very much like the 'thank you' note I once received, which my dad insists to this day came from some squirrels I gifted a can of nuts to. I don't think the note came from those squirrels. In other words, I have some doubts. But I have also had some weird experiences which lead me to believe this might be true.

As for losing a pet, well, I still remember too well the day the vet gave me a metaphorical kick in the <beep>s with news my beloved puppy had cancer that had spread. We never knew she had cancer before that appointment. 😭

P.s.: Her chew toy is the paperweight on my desk.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: