You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Man In The Woods?

Real Ghost Stories

Man In The Woods?

 

At a school camp when I was ten, we stayed in cabins in the woods. On Thursday morning I was lying on the bottom bunk in the cabin, engraved in the wood on the top bunk was a message. It said that a man had died on the bed (where I lay) and every Thursday night he came back and haunted the cabin. Thinking it was a joke I just laughed about it and didn't think anything would happen.

That night when we had all gone to bed, about 11. 30 I heard a noise outside. About a minute later, someone was trying to get in the cabin, pushing the door. Whoever it was stopped. I looked up and saw a white face looking at me through the window. It had black holes where it's eyes should be and looked like a man, from what I could see. It disappeared. I heard a big thump on the roof. Then heard nothing. There weren't any trees close enough to the cabin for anyone to climb then jump on the roof as the cabins were in a clearing. I thought it was just one of my classmates messing with me, just a joke or something. I don't know where the white face went after that or if he came back during the night.

Since then bad things have happened to me and I feel like I'm being followed and watched, even when I went overseas. Maybe I'm just paranoid. I just want to know what it was and if it wants anything. I guess he was just "visiting" Psychics that I've contacted, I haven't said anything about this, say I'm being watched and followed and that things haven't been going right for me for a long time, which is now about eight years.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rawrimalion, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

FrenchKiwi (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-30)
You probably disturbed or angered the spirit which is why bad things have kept happening to you in recent years. I hope it doesn't carry on for the rest of your life.

Also whereabouts in New Zealand is this place, I would be keen to know.
elfstone810 (227 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-11)
Rawrimalion (I love your user name!) I think your first instinct about the ghost at camp was probably right. That sounds very much like a typical camp prank to me. It also seems unlikely that a man died in a cabin at a school camp. Is the camp used for anything else? In any case, you can probably research it. Do you remember the name of the camp?

As for the other, just being paranoid could be drawing negativity to you. Maybe do a cleansing and /or carry something that makes you feel safe, like a religious symbol or a charm? And try to stay positive.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: