You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Mysterious Lady In The Woods

Real Ghost Stories

The Mysterious Lady In The Woods

 

I like to share with you some of my memorable paranormal experiences, but before everything please forgive my English writing skills. So here is my story.

It all started when I was around nine or ten years old, I live in a province north of Manila. Our small town is peaceful and surrounded with plenty of trees and fields, life is simple. Not so far from our house across the green rice fields are the woods with tall old trees, sometimes I play there with my friends. One afternoon I was playing alone in our backyard, I happened to look into the woods and saw this little glowing lights around trees, I was amazed, I never knew there were many fireflies living in the woods but what caught my attention is the beautiful young woman walking around the woods wearing black dress and a blue cloak with hood. I don't know who she is, it was the first time that I saw her.

The following days every time before sunset, I always see this group of fireflies flying around trees with the young woman walking into the woods, it made me curious so I decided to go near and approach her. As I enter the woods I saw her sitting beside a big old tree, she looks like to be between twenty to twenty-five years old.

She smiled at me and asked me:

"What are you doing here? It's getting dark, you should go home" said the lady.

And I answered, "What are you doing here too? I always see you, every afternoon."

She said, "I live here."

Then I answered, "you live here in the woods? Since when? I didn't even know someone is living here, are you new?"

The woman answered, "I have been living here for a very long time, it's just that not everyone around could see me, until you do."

She grabbed my hand and said "come I will show you where I live."

I followed her as she lead me towards her house, it's a wooden house built in a part of the woods that I have never been before.

Her home was surrounded by an abundant of flowering plants and some are glowing green and blue!

I wandered around and amazed myself of the beautiful view of the place, she happily welcomed me in her little home and even offered me fresh fruits.

She told me her name was Karyna/Kareena, I'm not sure of the spelling but it sounds like that. And that she lives in different places before where there are a lot of trees and flowering plants.

"It is already dark, you should go home now, I will lead you outside the woods." She said.

When we came out of the woods she told me not to tell anyone about her home and it is a secret.

I looked at her as she headed back into her home inside the woods and disappeared in my sight. I started to visit her twice a week if I am not busy at school or I'm not busy playing with my other friends. We usually stay in her little house, I tell her about school and my friends, everything about my day to day life. We became good friends.

Two years had passed and I entered high school, I moved to my grandparent's house in another town because my parents decided to enroll me in a nice private school there. I told Karyna/Kareena that I will be moving to another school and house but I will come home to my parents every summer. She said that she would just be staying in the woods.

During my stay in my grandparents house and new school I have experienced strange feelings, sometimes when I am alone I would feel that someone is there with me, even when I am with my new group of friends in school, in the library, or in other places where we hang out, I have this feeling that there is a presence of someone or something that I cannot see. I also started to hear strange sounds or voices occasionally when I am alone.

I try to tell it to my friends at school, some got scared telling me that maybe I can feel ghost or spirits around me. I tried to do some research which introduced me to the world of the paranormal. When summer came I went home to my parents and siblings, I also go to the woods to visit Karyna/Kareena but she isn't there, I did not see her the whole summer, I tried to find her house into the woods but I cannot find it.

The following years every summer I tried to look for Karyna/Kareena in the woods but there are no signs of her, the strange feelings and senses continued to happen on me which made me read and understand more about the spirit world.

After I graduated high school I went home to be with my family and will stay with them for good because I choose to enroll in a college that is not too far from our house. It's been four years since I last saw Karyna/Kareena and I don'texpect that we will meet again in the woods.

Other hauntings by ColdSoul

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ColdSoul, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ajonverge (6 stories) (84 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-12-01)
Coldsoul: Well, Sounds Straight out of fantasy! Wow, I can't wait to read your second follow up story on this one. I hope you found out who she really was.
ColdSoul (3 stories) (2 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-26)
Greetings!

Randym - nobody lives in the woods, people lives in the barangay (small village) nearby the farm and woods. That time when I was a kid my instinct tells me that she's just an ordinary person but it changed when I grow up and learned about spirits.

Lady Glow - my parents do warn me not to talk with strangers but I was just a kid that time and I think she is harmless, I just uploaded the 2nd part of this story, the part where we met again after a long time and the confirmation of her real identity. I hope it will be posted soon.

Publicways - here in the Philippines the people who usually lives in the woods/forest or mountains are those who belong to an ethnic group or tribe, the mysterious lady doesn't look like or even dressed like them, and there are no ethnic groups or tribes living in our town. This story has a 2nd part I hope you would read it when it gets posted here.

Thank you for your comments!
publicways (32 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-11-26)
What makes you think this is paranormal? Why couldn't be there a woman living in the woods? Unusual, yes; paranormal, no.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-11-26)
Just curious, did your parents ever warn you about talking to strangers? 🤔

I have been told by some Filipino acquaintances that wak waks take the form of beautiful maidens during the day; if so, wouldn't it make sense for parents to forbid their children to get close to unknown women?

Anyway, she might have been a spirit or perhaps, only a woman of cougar-ish tendencies.🐆
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2017-11-26)
Cold soul

Thanks for sharing.

Sorry but I couldn't stop thinking "Disney" when reading your story
Have you asked around about anyone living by themselves in the woods?
What does your instinct tell you? Real person or Spirit?

Randy

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: