You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Giant Pig In The Woods

Real Ghost Stories

The Giant Pig In The Woods

 

Hey, it's me again. I have another story to share, though some of you may find it quite impossible, but it's true. It wasn't just me who witnessed it. Almost all my family saw it. Also, this is quite a long read so please bear with me.

Here in the Philippines, we have these creatures known as "aswang" or "wakwak". They look like normal people during the day, but during night, they transform into anything: dogs, cats, birds, and in this story, a pig.

We went to a vacation in Bohol, an island in Visayas (I live in Mindanao) since it was almost the town fiesta of that place. It has become a Filipino tradition to visit loved ones living afar and celebrating the festivities with them. Some sort of family reunion. Anyways, we got there, exchanged greetings and pleasantries with our relatives, and exchanged stories and laughter from hours on end.

Now, there was one particular aunt I was really excited to meet, my tita Mitch. She was so sweet, kind, funny, and 9 months pregnant. She was due on May 19 (two years ago), 3 days since our arrival.

I pointed out that there are no nearby hospitals anywhere, and the nearest hospital was a 3-hour drive away. My uncle assured me that he already contacted a midwife who was a family friend. Finally, her water broke on the second night (it was almost 7pm). Everyone was so excited. My uncle hurriedly went and fetched the midwife while we were preparing stuff that would help with ther labor.

No more than 5 minutes later, my uncle came back with the midwife. Everything was set, until the midwife stepped inside the house. Upon setting foot inside the house, she quickly pulled my uncle and my dad and told them that there's a black bird hiding in the kitchen and they should get rid of it. They quickly obliged and searched the kitchen and they found it: a black raven, bigger than a normal raven, with glowing red eyes. My dad pulled a knife nearby and tried to stab the raven but it quickly flew away.

Following this event, the midwife told us to go to her place and take one sharpened bamboo for each of us (there were nine of us there) and return to the house. We obliged and when we got back, my uncle started placing us in strategic positions around the house, as if there is someone or something coming. My cousins were lucky. Two was placed on the east side of the house facing the street fifty meters away, two on the west facing the nearby neighbors, two on the front of the house and, maybe luck wasn't on my side that day, the remaining three of us were placed behind the house, facing the woods.

Now, we sat there in the darkness, bracing ourselves for what was to come. We heard it before we saw it. A loud, sharp, deep squeal echoing through the woods. We bolted up, tightening our grips on our bamboo poles. The others that were placed on the other sides of the house quickly ran and we were just standing there, waiting.

Then it showed itself, emerging from the woods, the biggest pig we've ever seen, and I mean BIG. I'm 5 feet 8 inches tall, and the tallest in our group was probably 5 feet 9, but the pig is still taller. Eyes glowing red and foaming in the mouth, it crept nearer to us. None of us can even point our bamboos at it anymore. We were so scared.

Just as I figured we were all dead meat, a loud boom echoed through the forest. The pig quickly ran into the woods, followed by my uncle and a group of his friends. They were all carrying hunting rifles. We didn't see what happened next since we just stayed where we stood. All we heard are screams and lots of gunshots. When they finally emerged from the woods about an hour later, my uncle told us what happened. They were chasing the pig, all the while shooting at it with no luck. When one of his friends finally got a clean shot, it hit the side of the pig. The pig stopped and squealed, all the while transforming back into an old man. Sounds impossible, right? It gets crazier.

The next morning, we were having coffee on our veranda when a young man in his early twenties passed by our house and glared at us. We brushed it off, until an old man passed by. He had no shirt on, and a big bandage on his side, glared at us like we killed his dog or something. So yeah, that's my story. Sounds impossible, right? Well, it is true. Thanks for reading!

Other hauntings by wysteria1

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, wysteria1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TravisCannabis (69 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-04-26)
I don't know man. If I ever travel to the Philippines after this f***ing pandemic is over I would be afraid of eating pork
kuwentoPH (4 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-07-17)
Hi Wysteria1,

I got very interested about your story because one my listeners shared a very similar one in my youtube channel.
I am hoping you'll allow me to read your story in my channel and I would be honored to tag you in the credits. Thank you in advance.
Martin (602 posts) mod
+4
5 years ago (2019-07-07)
Yup definitely a bug, it should be fixed now, thanks for the notification zaruje & valkricry 🙏
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+3
5 years ago (2019-07-07)
zaruje,
There really is nothing you can do at this time. I'll need to turn this over to the site admin, as it's a technical problem with the site. Some glitch or something. Try not to worry much over it. A favorite poster list is just that; a list to make it easier for you to follow posters you've enjoyed. I'm sure Martin will get to it as soon as he can. Thanks for alerting us to the problem. 😊
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-07-07)
Valkricry I already did that and was just redirected to an error 404. What do I need to do now?
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+2
5 years ago (2019-07-06)
Zaruje,
At the top of the page, you'll see Account|Profile| Log Out. Select Account. Click Edit Profile. There you'll see all the different sections, including one for editing your favorite posters, you simply select from a drop down list then click delete.
Hope this helps you.
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-07-06)
Yow I just accidentally added you as my fav poster on accident. How do I undo this? Mods please help me. It's not that I don't like you or anything, it's just because I clicked it on accident. Mods please help me
freakedoutfreddy (1 stories) (77 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-07-06)
[at] Eerie69
Are you serious bro? Do you think it would have been a good idea for those dudes to kill the blue hair just cause? 🙄
If they're chasing the bacon why the bullet hit it on the side and not on its butt? 🤔
Eerie69 (5 stories) (19 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-07-06)
This is a cool story! Full of actions. I wish I could have this kind of experience. The best ever.

Why is it they did not kill the old man? 🤔
chaos2 (10 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-06-11)
Cool story! I've heard a lot of stories about aswangs, not sure if I would believe them, but I also don't want to encounter one.
Dennis191 (1 stories) (36 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-06-10)
As a kid I've heard lots of spooky tales about all sorts of unexplained events from old people... There was one about a farmer, and something disturbing his horses in the middle of the night. So to keep it short, after a while he had enough and decided to conceal himself outside, and wait... He saw a huge raven landing in the yard, huge as in a six foot man was scared of it enough that he didn't do anything about it... So the following day he recruited some of his best friends, and they sat out there in the dark waiting for the big bird to come. They couldn't kill it, but they've managed to trap it in the barn... And the next morning they went to check on it, and found a person who was reported missing two weeks prior to the first incident (if I remember correctly) so at the very least in theory it is possible that it was true.
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2019-06-04)
Hi, Wysteria

Thanks for sharing your story. Did anyone try to confront the old man? Most people would be scared but I guess there's always that brave person.

I'm glad you guys were not hurt.
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2019-06-03)
Hi Wysteria1,

Thank you for sharing another experience. Once again, I find these Aswangs very similar to our "corredores" as they were normal people during the day and turn into an animal at night. Fortunatly "corredores" or shapeshifters were harmless here, guess you are not that lucky. 😉

Lady-glow, you cracked me up, love your sense of humor! 😊

Take care.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2019-05-31)
I hate stories about animal abuse... Although this one has a happy ending even if the old man is walking around with a bullet lodged somewhere in his body... He was lucky that none of his vital organs got turned into puree and the projectile didn't go through his body! 😨

Was the baby a girl or a boy?
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2019-05-31)
There's a rule in horror movies, when the one character says, "That's not possible." Well, the character is talking about something that just happened, so, at least in the fictional narrative that is the story, it must be possible. It happened. Right?

Folklore has roots in reality, in something that actually happened, though it might be buried deep under some embellishments.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: