You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Could My Child Be Seeing Something

Real Ghost Stories

Could My Child Be Seeing Something

 

After reading through numerous stories posted by members, I am even more confused as to the experiences that my almost 4yr old has had. It is not all the time that he has seen spirits, in fact it has only been twice that I can recall. Let me start from the beginning.

Last summer I had purchased a sprinkler for my son to play in on hot days. At this time he was almost 3yrs old. By chance while playing he ran through an ant hill and received numerous bites. He did not appear to be having a reaction that required immediate attention that day. The next day we monitored him and when he appeared to have no reaction we sent him to preschool. When I arrived to retrieve him I noticed he began to have an adverse reaction. I made the decision to take him to the local emergency room. Because I did not want to be alone I asked my mom to go with me since my husband was at work at the time.

When we arrived to the emergency room, I scanned the room to see how many people were waiting. At that time there weren't many people and he appeared to be the only child. When the triage nurse called us back to do an assessment, his blood pressure and temperature were taken, all were normal. My son looked at me and said mom "do you see that little boy." I responded "what little boy?" He said " right there he is crying for his mommy and daddy." I asked the nurse if were there any children in the other room which she responded no. I asked my son to show me where he was seeing this little boy. He got down out of my lap and walked towards a corner of the room and pointed and said "right there mom you see him." I unfortunately did not see the child my son was talking about.

I asked the nurse if all of his vitals were normal or if he could be seeing things as a part of the reaction. She replied "no but where he was pointing was part of the old ER, we recently completed remodeling." This was creepy to both my mother and myself as well as my husband once I told him.

We never really mentioned it again, nor did we question it. We just figured that he has always been a very sensitive child in regards to peoples feelings, and it could be possible he saw something because of the environment we were in and all of the things that have happened over the years in that emergency room.

I have not thought much about that night until yesterday. I recently informed him that he would be meeting one of my sisters, that he has not known. I had reached out to her after hearing of her cousin's passing. Mind you the only time I spoke to her or anyone about what she was dealing with was while I was not in the presence of my child meaning he was at preschool. Ironically around 8 pm severe storms moved into our area, and as usual my now 3 year old is running around the house crazy with the dogs. I decided to take his picture and told him I was sending it to his grandmother and his aunts. He immediately said and Ginger. I told him yes and Ginger if he wanted. He said Ginger is sad. I looked at him and asked why would she be sad about me sending a picture, that she would be really happy. He said "no Ginger is sad." I said why is Ginger sad son. He said because "Dillon lost Aunt Ginger." This is my sister's cousin's name that pasted last week in a dirt bike accident.

I asked him how he knew that name. He responded "I don't know I just do." I asked him did he know what Dillon looked like, he said yes he has yellow hair. Please keep in mind this has not been discussed around him period. I saved several pictures of my friends from facebook to my phone. I asked my son if I showed him a picture would he know if it was Dillon. He said yes. I showed him a series of 5 pictures. When I got to the last picture. He said "Yep mom that's Dillon right there." I asked my son how did he know who that was? I know for a fact that he has never been around this person ever. I asked him where he saw Dillon. He told me that he "saw him at church at Mothers Day Out Today." I knew this couldn't be because he was being buried while he was at Mothers Day Out. I asked him where at Mothers Day out did he see Dillon. He told me "when we were on the water slide." At this point I did not further question him on Dillon I did not want him to think he had done something wrong.

Is this even possible? I have re-traced my steps from last week and when I talked on the phone around my son. I know he had absolutely no exposure to the subject or name.

I immediately called my mom to discuss this with her. She let me know that she started to tell me something about my grandmother on my biological fathers side when my son said he saw a little boy last year at the hospital but did not want me to freak out. She told me that my cousins had told her about other family members thinking my grand mother was crazy because she claimed to see spirits. So when she went to live in Savannah they did not tell her that their house was a funeral home prior to them purchasing it. In the middle of the night they woke to her standing in their room with her suite case. She insisted on them taking her to a hotel. She told them she knew she was staying in a house that used to be a funeral home and they had her staying in the room where bodies were embalmed.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. Is it possible that he could have a gift. I have always considered him a very sensitive baby. He has always been attuned to feelings of others, even when he has no idea if something is wrong. Not that it is a curse, by any stretch of the means I just want to know is this a fluke or something that can be explained away. I am just confused.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Garrettsmom09, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-03-20)
PaigeTheGymast: You're wise beyond your years. Welcome aboard!
PaigeTheGymast (16 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-20)
Hi my name is Paige and I am 14 years old. I have the same experiences as your son except I hear ghosts and I can feel their presence and their emotions instead of seeing them. It is rare for me to see them but it still happens. The best thing that you can do with your son is to believe him. My parents do not believe my experiences that I have had since early childhood and it is very frustrating not having them believe me. Although my best friend can see ghosts all the time clear as day but does not hear them at all like I do. I'm glad that I have her because we both use our ability of connecting with spirits together and it is not as frightening. Sometimes being able to do thus may scare your son occasionally but he will eventually learn how to handle them. Some ghosts can be evil and I have had experience with those types of ghosts before but always remind him to not let them know that he is scared of them and tell them to go away firmly and they will most likely leave him alone. I have had encounters with ghosts for a few years so if you have any questions feel free to ask me. I hope you found this to be helpful.
Sandy1690 (21 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-07)
hey I meant doesn't freak him out. Missed this word in last comment.
Sandy1690 (21 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-07)
Support him so that his this ability freaks him out. Human being is a part of nature but supernatural or paranormal are beyond nature; and messing with nature is not a cool idea. What do you say?
Make your child brave... ❤
Kid_sensation (2 stories) (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-05)
He's sensitive, I was at a young age and still am today, so is my son. Just support him and love him through it.
RavenQueen626 (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-14)
Let me start off by saying your son has an amazing gift. It isn't abnormal for children to have the ability to see or speak to the dead, or as adults put it their "imaginary friends" Most children lose this ability over time as their parents and adults that are close to them tell them stuff such as "its just in your head" or "its not real". I would advise you to encourage your sons ability as long as what he is seeing isn't frighting him. But keep that line of communication up with your son:)
shandi (9 stories) (86 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-08-13)
I know you have gotten lots of great feedback already but I wanted to share with you that my oldest son had always been sensitive and had seen spirits up until about 5 years of age and then it just seemed to stop. Now he doesn't even remember seeing anyone. So he may not be sensitive forever, or it could come and go as he gets older.
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-12)
...dunno... For me it was simply assumed that my little boy was communicating with a being I couldn't see. He was a baby at the time, so his body language could not lie. I was more curious about why it would manifest itself to him alone... And my only concern was that it was benevolent. It never occurred to me to question whether he could see something or not... Hmm.
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-12)
You would know if he was making it up. At least, you would have a better idea than anyone else... Some kids have vivid imaginations, some don't. It helps to get little kids to draw pictures to recall incidents in detail. If your own process of elimination includes the fact he couldn't have overheard these conversations, then that's a pretty wild coincidence (with regards to him imagining it)
shamaya (2 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-08-11)
Its just your child's imagination if this happens as he gets older consult a ghost expert. When I was his age I used to see things like monsters and things but I knew it was my imagination.
SwampwaterBoonie (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-11)
Children often do see things we can't. You may have as a very young child too. Sensitivity seems to run stronger in some families than others. Fewer people keep the gift into later stages in life. I think its entirely possible that he does see apparitions.
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-10)
Five years old, give or take, that is... Just what I've witnessed, you know?:)
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-10)
It's a fine line between cultivating your child's spiritual intelligence or encouraging a sensitivity to spirits that may or may not be a hindrance to their ultimate well being. My little boy lay awake at night playing and babbling to a being I couldn't see, but my intuition told me it was nothing to be concerned about. Let your maternal intuition guide you... You will know if this is a gift to nurture, or to gently guide your cub away from. And for what it's worth, by five years old, most children anchor in the physical world completely and outgrow the indiscriminate lucid kind of spirituality they were born with... What a lovely mum for listening and giving such validation to your little one.
HanikoPen (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-06)
He probably has... I started seeing the supernatural when I was 3 years old... Kids are usually sensitive to these kind of stuff... Some outgrow them... Others don't...I never did but I had my third eye closed several years back... Just be sure to guide your kid along the way...
ajnpw213312 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-03)
In my own opinion I agree with others here as well that your child has a gift. When my daughter was 2 years old she would be in her room talking and giggling while playing, when I asked her who she was talking to she replied "Christopher". Christopher was my landlords 16 year old son who often played with her and his 2 year old little brother, he loved them. He had committed suicide in the apartment below us. My daughter would often walk around with her hand in the air as if holding someone's hand. I would ask where Christopher was and she always pointed to the mirror in her room and said "right there mommy". Christopher did many things around the house to show he was there. She is now 12 and still picks up on things, we had a dark shadow in our basement and she was in tune to it before even going down there. I never disbelieved her, I didn't want her to ever be scared but to welcome her gift, in hopes that she may help the lost. My mother as well as myself have had many occurrences with spirits so it wouldn't surprise me if it does pass down. My best advice would be to encourage your son to talk openly about his visions, I did this with my daughter and she seemed more confident and embraced this gift. I found the positive in the situation and it made it not so scary for her or myself.
darkassassin92 (119 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-29)
As I said before maybe they don't remember their death or something my dad died when he was 12 or something the internet did not help me on this really
PoliexterLy (2 stories) (92 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-29)
zzzsgranny, you're super awesome! And darkassassin, nobody on this site has the ability to delete comments except the moderators!
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-07-29)
I'm going to allow that comment to stand so that when I contact the site admin, Martin, I have something to reference. Keep it up and you'll find yourself unable to access your account.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-07-29)
darkassassin: I do not have the ability to delete anyone's comments!
darkassassin92 (119 posts)
-3
11 years ago (2013-07-29)
to below me I bet your deleting my comments so your so stupid anyway and I'm an athiest I was just asking if there is life after death
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-29)
[at] darkassassin92:
I guess it is just like dreaming, some people remember what they dreamed while some others are sure they have no dreams at all. Who knows?
But I'm sure you can find many books with good information about this topic and read one or several would help you to understand better the reason for these differences; that way you don't need to comment on stories that have nothing to do with your questions.
Take care! 😊
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-29)
darkassassin: Cut it out. Get on with your life, okay? In case you haven't noticed, I've been removing your profane comments.
PoliexterLy (2 stories) (92 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-29)
Anger makes you more understandable, lol. Because when you comment when you're not angry, you make no sense whatsoever!
darkassassin92 (119 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-07-29)
to below me your a rude person if you hate what I put then shut your mouth now it was not like I was spamming so get over it
PoliexterLy (2 stories) (92 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-28)
darkassassin, you're a moron. I'm sure other people would agree if they see the comments you keep posting...
darkassassin92 (119 posts)
-3
11 years ago (2013-07-28)
is it possible for people that died or near death experience to forget about their death when they get revived because some say when thy died they lost awareness and did not see a light while others where aware and saw a light I am very confused about it?
goldenempath (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-25)
Garret's Mom,
I was not fully aware to all my gifts until later in life. Mine are genetic too. I at least got a mentor that helped with with my gifts. I am happy now to help my children and grandchildren also. Our gifts are genetic. Of course it is a possiblility that he is seeing. My granddaughter is almost 2 wakes up every night at the bewitching hour of 3am. I am certified in blessings so I immediately smudged my home and land. I am able to see those that passed in Angel Card Readings. I also can see in photos. I have a lot of those that live in way out in my yard I call them the tree people. I have since learned that some are to protect those living in my home. I told all my Dr.'s and Neuro of what I see and hear. My neuro does not believe in seeing those that past. I see that our energy goes on. The first thing is to help you is to not to have fear. If fear is created you may make the entity being seen ever stronger. A child is not brainwashed until we do it to them that what they are seeing is not true. My daughter frightened her daughter when she was talking to my father and mother that passed. She has blocked that now. I now am mentoring my grandson. He came to me with seeing a purple monster with a lot of eyes. I thought about it and told him that is no monster but a messenger telling you, you have the gift of the third eye. It is the color deep purple. He never saw that monster again. I am trying to awaken all my family. I want them to understand it is a great responsibility and by no means to be taken lightly that you are gifted. I am sure the potential is in you also. I have a good helper here. My Golden Retriever stays on my bed at night and scans the room and when all is okay she will leave the bed. So animals are sensitive too. It was fate I got her also for had 2 Goldens one passed and had a beautiful older male. I was text with pictures. The breeder was not selling for money just a token, but to good owners. Vets and people gave her my name. I said I want a female if to take a pup. I know of 13 in the litter only 1 is female. She was keeping the female. Well I get this picture of this female teddy bear. I am now the proud owner of a little overweight female 2plus 8 months. I was indeed lucky My Dr. Is Egyptian and I told him. He understood. My neurologist said you do not need a brain scan. I just said you don't believe in ghosts? Sometimes it happens that some get gifted. I think we are all born with the potential. I did not know what was happening to me. I got advice from works done by Albert Einstein. So be careful. My granddaughter when a teen told her nurse practioner of her seeing spiders. She was asked if she was on drugs. Yes indeed a medical should be done. But when all is okay you are gifted. You can post and I will give you some advice free of course if you are indeed upset. One thing is to tell her to ask for her guardian angel to stand by her. Some may say their guide. Stay filled with love and light in your home also. I know I am gifted from both sides of my family so it is like a double whammy. I indeed would never put a tape recorder while asleep. I am like a magnet also. So as I said, be understanding and do some research. I will help if necessary email me. I do readings and such, but will help for no fee just tell me. I will try to help you understand and keep all safe and secure in your home. First never make a big deal. Do not frighten the child. Shut off any ion cleaners at night also. Good Luck email me with my first name [at] username.com. I am not supposed to advertise on this site and do plan not too. It is private I just came across your message. Sending some Light and Love,
Joan 😁
mermaidclover (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-24)
hi Garrettsmom09,
I think it might be a gift that he has from his grandmother or it could be normal because lots of people at his age can see ghosts. I think you should always talk to him and ask him if he is seeing anything and be his friend so if he is seeing any ghosts, ask your son to tell you about them and get to know them so you might feel more comfortable of what kind of dead people you son can see but be careful not to make him feel stressed or sad because people who see ghosts start to learn to emphasize with the ghost and so his ability might make feel very sad and grieving on other people's death. Also, try to take him out a lot to make him feel relived for sometimes and also to make him forget about his ability for sometime and start having fun. Moreover, you should teach him how to rely on himself and check these websites:

Http://www.psychicbutsane.com/questions-sent-in-by-readers/how-to-help-children-who-see-spirits

Http://www.perceptivechildren.org/kids-who-see-ghosts/

Thank you for reading my comment,
Mermaidclover.
Anne01 (1 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-23)
Hi Garretsmom09, I looked up this site for the exact same reason, my daughter often see's things the rest of the family do not. My mother died 1 year before my daughter was born, but as soon as Lauren was able to talk she would often wake in the morning to tell me her Granny was with her during the night. Talking with her and singing to her. I put this down to a vivid imagination, but it continued and Lauren woke one morning and sang me a song which my mother used to sing to me. She also told me lots of things my mother had told her during there conversations which Lauren had no other way of knowing. At times she has seen thing which have also scared her, like once while lying in bed she saw someone small run past her door! These types of visit's have grown less frequent the older Lauren gets. In a way I find it sad, because I felt that it truly was my mum who was coming to watch over her and me.

Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-22)
I believe that a lot of children are more in-tune and sensitive to the paranormal. For example, my baby boy (he's 10 months) often "Talks" to things that I can't see and randomly stares and laughs at the wall (I will be submitting a story about this later when I have more time). Hopefully, your son can keep his gift for a long time.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: