You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Summer House in Madrid

Real Ghost Stories

Summer House in Madrid

 

After reading here for a bit I felt like sharing something quick just to know your opinion. I am 19 and used to live in my mom's house in Madrid (Spain), now I live in England, but still come to this house during summer... mainly because most my friends live in this area. It is not really an old house, it was built around 1940's during the end of the Spanish civil war, it's an 7 floor flat building, and I live in the 6th floor (in america I suppose you would say I live in the 7th but that's not really important). Let's say that a few things have happened...

I remember when I was about 10 or 11, one morning I woke up, probably around 3 am and remember not being able to move but feeling getting repeatedly slapped on my cheeks. It never happened again but I clearly remember my cheeks being bright red in the morning when I went to the toilet.

Other things that have happened is... well let's say that when I am not out, which is very rarely during the summer that I'm here, I spend time until very late on the internet and don't go to sleep until about 6 or 7 am. Every night at exactly 3 am I hear as if it was raining but when I go out to the terrace, there is no rain what so ever, it's always from 3AM to 4AM, every day with no exceptions.

Thirdly I also notice sounds of banging and scraping on the roof every night, when in fact, what is over me is the roof (the top floor is half the size of the other apartments and my room is to the side that is roof) and I can assure you that it could be the wind... But every single day?

That's really the end of what there is to say about this house. But I would like to mention that in the house I live in England (in Eastbourne, South East) is a typical Victorian building with 3 floors plus a basement and an attic. I know two people of my family have died there, and heard some stories which I find irrelevant and don't believe. In any case, what I will say is that my room is always freezing compared to the rest of the house (probably because it's the only one without double-glazing). But I can assure you that some places give me the chills and at night time I have to sleep with the TV on in order to go to sleep. There is also a few things that I haven't been told simply because they preferred not to about my room, probably joking but you never know it simply makes me scared... The funny thing is that I have never experienced anything happening there, except for scraping on the walls at night, but I assume that to be the wind anyway.

So in conclusion, what do you think? am I simply over-wound up about stuff that is nothing weird, or is there any paranormal logic to this?

Thanks and Hi to everyone.

Ivor

Other hauntings by SkAlArIaK

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SkAlArIaK, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ghostsarereal2 (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-28)
Wow something like that happened to me when I went to Spain. I was young and with my family and my auntys family. One night we heard walking on the roof we thought it was a burgular so my dad went out with a knife and we found nothing. Weird huh? But that is kind of creepy.
sunaina (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-17)
Dear SkAlArIaK,

i would just like to share something similar to wht you just told here in your experience... I live in delhi[india] that on a 3rd floor and above my floor I hv a terrace... Every nite just above my room I could hear someone walking, making loud noises with the foot steps from one end of my room to the other... Earlier I use to ignore it tht it mite be wind but whn I heard it very carefully I was scared... I changed my room and to my surprise in tht room I could not hear nything... I asked my parents to sleep in my room and they could also listen the same... Whn it started happening on a regular basis I decided to go to my terrace the next morning and blve me my terrace was very much clear and cleaned... No object was der so tht we can blve the noise mite be coming whn wind mite be hitting the objects... But I dnt knw why is this voice tapping above my room and it continues for maximum of approximately 15 to 20 mins...
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-06)
Dear SkAlArIaK,

Many times the way you research the history of a house is to find the title and deed to the house which may or may not have all the past owners names and related dates of sales. I do not know if such legal paperwork is available there in Spain, but it is here in the US. Here the public records, genealogy records, historical society records, library records, court records and old newspaper articles can help shed light on a house's history and past residents. Many times asking previous owners and residents of a home also helps to find out the history, as well as real estate agents who have sold the home in the past and even the surrounding residents and neighbors in the house's neighborhood can be a great resource.

You must do what you feel is comfortable for you. The more you are empowered and have less fear, the less energy is given to a ghost or any unwanted and uninvited entity. With less energy and making it hard to be a target, a ghost or any uninvited entity will go elsewhere. This is true of any uninvited being living or not.

Blessings, Abby
SkAlArIaK (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-05)
Dear Abby,
I have searched through Google and AltaVista information related to my both addresses and have found nothing, it may be as you said that I may be broadcasting personal energy that can scare me, if they are entities trying to contact me, I am to scared to ask them to leave in case it gets worse, its not as if it was realy bad right now so I'm not realy willing to take the risk to make it worsen, specially if it really is my energy escaping... If I was asking someone who isn't there to leave I think it may attract something to come.
Ivor ^_^
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-04)
Dear SkAlArIaK,

The best way to find out something is to research it. If you can research the history of the places you live in and find out more about any type of paranormal occurrences, you will be armed with some knowledge about why these things may be happening.

You can be adding to the mix of the paranormal energies with your own energy too. It is true that no matter who we are sometimes our thoughts and personal energies can and will get away from us when we least expect it or when we are not aware or disciplined.

It is quite possible you have entities trying to get your attention. It is up to you if you want to have them continue or to contact them. Personally, I would tell them to leave, but this is who I am. A person needs to do what they feel will best work for them. I do believe things work because a person has to have strong belief and intention in what they put out, otherwise the energy put out will fail to register to the receiver. Rest assured you are not alone in your experiences.--Abby
SkAlArIaK (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-03)
Thanks for you comments Shane, Bellissima. Yeah you could say I'm sceptic as I always try to find a logical explanation to everything, but for some reason I kind of believe in paranormal things, its not as if I was scared but I have a lot of respect to ghosts, ouija, and stuff like that. Shane, yeah it's true as its the first time I've actually said this to anyone and in comparison to other stories it seemed kind of lame. :)
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-01)
SkAlArIak, you sound like a skeptic and yet you believe. I think that is great! It's nice to know you have an open mind. Thanks for sharing your story with us. I'm glad you did! 😁
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-31)
Thank you for sharing your story with us SkAlArIak. Sounds as if you were a little leary of posting one until you were sure no one would ridicule you for it.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: