You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: My Summers With My Dad

Real Ghost Stories

My Summers With My Dad

 

Lyssaret here again, to tell you about some of the summers I spent with my dad when my parents split. You might already know my dad lives all the way across the country from me and my mother and step-father. I have one older brother and one older sister. Kristee is 15 and Lucas is 17. When I was four, and my parents decided to split, my mother moved to her dream location of California, while my father only wanted to move a little up north, to North Carolina. I spent my summers with my brother, sister, and dad until I was nine. Hints, the location of this story is set in NC instead of Cali. Anyways, some of my first experiences.

A year after the move I started being allowed to spend the summers with my dad in North Carolina. My dad was/is a gardener. LOVES to plant. So I enjoyed his garden along with him and my siblings. Since I only got to see them once a year we spent as much time together as we could. We would plant, watch T.V., eat breakfast, lunch, dinner together. We practically did everything together! That was until about my third week of my second stay.

I started getting "fussy", according to my brother and father, to my sister. To be honest... I think she knew I could see things, and I think she could too. I tried to stay away from my family as much as possible. I just wanted to go back home to Zoe. (Zoe is not my mother, read my first story, if you have't.) I was six this time and Zoe seemed like my only option, until I met Julia, in my fathers garden near the well we had.

It was one of those old wells, that was a stone cylinder, and had a little bitty roof and bucket. It had about a...honestly I don't know how far the fall was until you hit the water. I just know the water was really...very...deep.

I know this, because even though I couldn't escape my eight year old sister's arms, I found a way to sneak into the garden by the well to see Julia. We had stopped caring for them since about the second day I came (the flowers) and they grew FAST, and were TALL! So I could sit down and they would be over my head. I was sitting, the sun shining on me, and Julia was wearing what looked like Victorian clothes, or just old clothes in general, and her hair was down, long, very long, and brown. Her eyes... I don't quite remember what color they were, I don't even think they were exactly there. I just remember her dress was long and pink and faded. She was barefoot, and glowed. Her skin appeared to be a little damp.

I remember I was sitting in the flowers, and she was squatting. She reached towards me and touched my hand. "I love you." She said, and then she proceeded to tell me that she was alive. She was very alive, and she lived at the bottom of the well. She said she fell down the well a very long time ago, and when she fell in she fell asleep, and when she woke up she was back on the ground. She told me something I'm pretty sure I will forget... But I haven't...she told me she never grew up, and she didn't want me to grow up either.

Then, the worst case of the experience I have had so far with the paranormal happened. She told me to stand up, and look down the well to see if I could see her sleeping. I looked in, looked behind me at Julia, and said,"I can't see you Jules."

She then proceeded to tell me to look in deeper, and then when I was leaning in over the edge, she pushed me, and I fell in.

The drop didn't take so long, but I plunged into the icy cold water, and thank God I was able to swim at six, but I could not swim very well. I went under about ten times and on the last time, I saw something white in the water. Then I heard my dad screaming at the top, and my brother crying, "Lyssa! Lyssa, stay calm and just swim, hold onto the basket!" And using the basket/bucket thing, they were able to pull me out.

Third visit, I waited in the garden for Julia for a week before I finally gave up. But the spirits weren't done. I started to see a man, he was old, and I called him Pop Pop. All just because he told me to. Pop Pop talked to me while I slept.

Fourth and Final Stay.

I could no longer see Pop Pop, Julia, and Zoe back at home even stopped showing herself. But a dark figure always seemed attracted to me at my dad's house. I didn't go in any room without anybody in there because I was scared of him. I only remember one time when he hurt me by just standing there and I was standing in front of him and then I couldn't breathe and had to go to the hospital.

This is when my mother divorced my dad, refused to let me see him, and married my step-father. Any questions comment below.

Other hauntings by lyssaret

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lyssaret, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Lild0ggirl (3 stories) (39 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-03)
Do you know why she pushed you in the well? And do you know what you saw in the well? I really hope you find peace. ❤
sacul (1 stories) (71 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-03)
This is possibly the best written story I've ever read. You should strongly consider getting into journalism or something that takes advantage of your talent!
You must be very traumatized over the fact you're unable to see your father and your Mother's focus is elsewhere. Whatever the reason for that experience, I'm certain that emotional trauma did not help. I personally experience many more episodes of sleep paralysis when I am stressed. Most resemble this famous painting:
Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Nightmare

You may be seeing something science cannot explain BUT should also be aware that psychological illnesses can be triggered by such traumatic events in people's lives. I have known many people that have simply "lost it" after the death of a brother, sister, mother, etc... And divorce is proven to be EVEN HARDER than losing a loved one. I am not saying you are going crazy, BTW:), just not to underestimate the turmoil of what you are experiencing.

Thanks for posting.
lyssaret (4 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-28)
I done some research as soon as I saw your comment, but didn't seem to find anything. After all, her clothes did look pretty old, so maybe nothing was written down about the drowning when she drowned? Maybe she was alone when she drowned or maybe no one ever found out?
I'll continue the research and see if anything comes up! 😁
Lyssa
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-26)
Well that must have been a frightning experience, Julia doesn't seem to be a very nice spirit to have done that to you. Was there any truth behind her passing away in the well at all? Seems as though are quite spiritually sensitive.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: