You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: A Case For Elementals...?

Real Ghost Stories

A Case For Elementals...?

 

This is my first submission. I have several that I will share over time. This particular story is of 2 separate incidents from 2 separate locations and 2 separate time periods in my life but concerning related creatures of origins uncertain. I believe myself to be a form of "Sensitive" that has disregarded their ability due to personal reasons. However, things have always "Found" me... After a fashion.

The first incident was during a "Haunting" experience that was tormenting me as a child around 7 or 8 years old. When I was approximately 5 years old my family had moved to a very small and rural area in Florida called "Wimauma" to what was then known as a "Fish farm," owned by my grandparents, where my parents and I moved after a death in the family, to raise and sell tropical fish to pet stores. This place in particular had several Haunting incidents that I will share in other entries.

This one night in particular, when I was around 7 years old, I was awoken repeatedly by a Shadow figure with glowing eyes, it eventually left me alone and later that same night I awoke to a strange feeling that something "else" was in the room with me. I looked around and saw nothing but felt as if there was something under my bed. Now, we lived in a single wide trailer there and my room was quite small, my twin was in the corner up against the wall next to the doorway and there was no one else in the room save my small Manchester Terrier.

After having seen the Shadow figure and feeling quite apprehensive I somehow found the courage to force my bed away from the wall to see what was there. It was a body, but not a normal body. It was approximately man-sized and somewhat grotesque. Covered head to toe in what appeared to be Spanish moss and skin resembling Pine Bark. As nothing more than a point of reference... Imagine "Groot" from "Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy," only more human-like and decisively more grotesque and lying on its side in an almost fetal position. I went into shock upon seeing it. It stirred and turned slightly to stare into my eyes and tell me -- "leave me alone I don't want to be bothered by you" and turned back over. I shoved the bed back as best I could, and attempted to return to sleep.

For several weeks following I dreamt of a small squat creature... Grey & furry with bulging eyes and a green mane, pointed teeth and claw-like hands that called itself "Kromon, the creature king."

The second incident happened at 49 years of age in a town known as "Port Charlotte." One night I had a distinct and lucid nightmare, which I couldn't initially recall upon awakening. I now sleep with the aid of a CPAP and cannot be heard if and/or when I speak in my sleep. My wife questioned me that morning if I had a nightmare because I had been moving uncontrollably and attempting to speak through my mask, albeit distorted, and was covered head to toe with goosebumps.

Initially I couldn't recall, but as I fell asleep it came back to me and I began speaking out loud about what I saw. I was walking through a warehouse style building with a large fish tank in my presence. There was a single hose in the tank and something was leaking out of the hose into the tank. It was an arm with very pointed nails and shock white slimy skin. It progressively became a writhing female figure with compressed facial features, a demure look and long brownish green hair. It began speaking to me and told me that my death would be caused by something or someone called "Parsons" or "Parnus" and then slithered back into the hose.

After some research I have found that the closest description that I have been able to come to these 2 creatures are that of an Earth Elemental and a Water Elemental. What I discovered is that few people have ever actually seen these creatures. However, I have apparently been visited by 2. Are they really Elementals? If so why show themselves to me? What is so special about me that I should have seen 2 of these creatures when they are so rarely seen by anyone? I may never know... I share these events in order to validate anyone who may have had similar experiences and be uncertain of their reality.

Other hauntings by Veylre

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Veylre, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2019-12-23)
David,

The shadows were carrying on in a way that was quite bold (for shadows); they weren't exactly trying to hide themselves and maybe that's part of what made you afraid. You sensed that your family was unwelcome in that place. That was surely an intention of theirs, I think.

I was going out on a limb about the one who, I thought, was left behind; I saw it as a strange action for it to be hiding under the bed. I still feel that it was closely related to the other entities. Who knows what really goes on in "reality". I am sorry if my interpretation of the situation in Wimauma seemed "out there"; I believe that all of that activity in such a small area belongs to it's particular environment and these things know of each other and were not acting arbitrarily.

I wonder if the previous occupants felt that sense of being unwanted there.

Whatever Pactus was, he belonged in Louisiana; if he was imaginary, I must have thought he belonged there because I didn't bring him with me. When you described the thing under the bed, it reminded me of Pactus. I don't think that I was ever afraid of him.

I have this feeling that, when children have these kind of friends, there's a good chance that they're speaking to "something". All kinds of people are willing to believe that children have a greater ability to see ghosts and other things than adults do. I am glad that you seem to accept that you were interacting with a spirit and not just your imagination; it makes me feel better about believing that I was doing the same thing.

I think children are closer to some kind of spiritual veil; I think that, as we age, we grow apart from that and become more a part of this earthly realm that we see around us. Maybe that's why you saw things and your parents weren't bothered by anything visible to them.

The fire that destroyed your home might have been an aggressive tactic on their part to put a stop to "all the noise" in their territory. It is good that you didn't have to spend the entirety of your childhood there; worse things could have happened.

- Maria

PS: I put you into my favorites on my profile page because I have enjoyed this conversation!
Veylre (2 stories) (6 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-12-23)
Lealeigh,

Your idea is thought provoking that it would be a being left behind, but because of the time-gap between the incident of the parade that night and seeing the thing under my bed I can't be certain. I just remember that both times that I have experienced these "Nature" or "Elemental" type beings it has been at night and they induced a feeling of great fear in me.

Now speaking to your "relationship" with Pactus... I also (according to my family) spoke with an "Invisible" or "Imaginary" friend when I was quite young (before we moved to Wimauma) although my memories of doing it are hazy at best. Sadly, no one in my family (including myself) can remember its name... Just that I talked with it constantly and demanded that we set a place for it at the dinner table on numerous occasions. Whether it was a being such as this or simply a "friendly" spirit I may never know. I presume that it was attached to the location in Lutz, Florida where we lived previously because there is no recollection of me interacting with it once we moved to Wimauma.
...David
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-12-18)
Veylre,

I have another thing to add; my mother told me that, after I learned to talk, I carried on endless conversations with someone called "Pactus". She said that, when I was pressed for more information, I gave her to understand that Pactus was a green man who lived in the trees in the backyard. I told her that he was "swampy" looking but he was very nice and he told me to always listen to my parents because they were my best protectors.

I carried on talking to Pactus for the whole time that we lived in Louisiana. When we moved to Georgia, she never heard me talk to him again.

We moved to Georgia when I was five years old; I have a very hazy recollection of Pactus. What I can recall of him is attached to a feeling of warm benevolence.

I wonder if Pactus was real; maybe he was related to your guys in Florida.

- Maria
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-12-18)
Veylre,

That thing under your bed would fit my description of what a nature spirit might look like. It was lying in the fetal position; if preternatural beings have feelings comparable to that of a human being, I would have to say that it was frightened to find itself where it was. Maybe it was akin to the shadow people; maybe it was one of them.

I'm about to suggest something that might seem completely off the wall:

After considering the details in both of your accounts, I am thinking that the darkness blocking your hallway might not have technically been an obstruction. It could have been an entry point for these shadow people and, therefore, not a bad entity like I had suggested in my other comment; not an entity at all.

Perhaps, when the shadow people were filing past your door, they were going into the darkness and if you had arisen from your bed you would have been able to see the darkness at those times too.

Here's the part of my idea that might seem off the wall: The creature under your bed could have been left behind for some reason; the entry point had vanished for a time and it was afraid and hid under your bed. Maybe, when the entry point vanished, this shadow creature was cut of from it's environment of shadows and was forced to assume the shape that you saw it in; perhaps it took its shape from the organic fabric that it had observed in the woods.

As for your dreams; I don't usually give a great amount to thought to the content of my dreams. I have kept a dream diary for many years and there are so many entries in it that are unreasonably bizarre and unaccountable that I have been forced to accept "bizarre" as another form of normality.

I do admit that "Kromon, The Creature King" is quite elaborate for a seven year old.

Have you ever considered keeping a dream diary? It is quite helpful to me; I don't have nightmares anymore and I think it is worthwhile on it's own merit as a form of entertainment.

- Maria
Veylre (2 stories) (6 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-09-24)
RCRuskin... I'm not offended in any way. I have always been curious about these things and have looked for plausible realities for their happenings.
Veylre (2 stories) (6 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-09-24)
CuriousDee... I vaguely remember my dog growling and I had an overwhelming feeling that I should look. I don't recall anything on television even remotely similar that would have influenced that particular dream.
Veylre (2 stories) (6 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-09-24)
Lucia Jacinta... Yes it was quite frightening. It terrified me. But I was only a child and was too scared at the time to share it.
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-05)
I don't know much about elementals but that guy under the bed is like a jump scare. How did you not freak out? He sounds so creepy. Then you just went back to sleep? Yikes. I couldn't have slept with a man under the bed.
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-07-30)
Greetings Veylre,

Encountering that man/figure under your bed sounds quite disturbing. I'm curious as to what made you move your bed to check underneath? Did you hear something? Also, did your dog respond to it or acknowledge its presence in any way (barking, growling, etc.)?

In regards to your dream... Do you remember if you had read or watched something similar on TV that would maybe produce your dream content? I know that sometimes our brains 'create' dreams from information we've gleaned during the day. I'm not saying that's the case here, just offering an alternative explanation.

I too, am wondering if elementals are involved. Hopefully some members with more knowledge on this will chime in.

- Dee
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-07-29)
Hi, Veylre.

Welcome. You probably know by now that we're just like a family. Some of us get along well together and some of us don't. We try not to fight too much, but... 😁

There may not be anything special about you per se. That first elemental, if that is what it was, didn't seem to interact much. I hope you're not offended, but it actually made me chuckle.

I rather feel like Sherlock Holmes after reading this. I want more data before I could come to any conclusions.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: