You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Dwellers In My Grandmother's House

Real Ghost Stories

Dwellers In My Grandmother's House

 

This experience happened December 4, 2012, when the Philippines was struck by a very strong typhoon Pablo. We evacuated to my grandmother's house because our house were built beside a mountain and we are afraid a landslide may occur and besides, our house is vulnerable to any calamity. Back to my story.

In this same day, not only one thing happened. In the morning my sister and I were taking photos inside the house, but while we are watching the photos we observed a several number of orbs especially in the stairs where the darkest part of the house is.

During the afternoon I feel bored so I tried to pull a prank to my sister. She was outside the balcony trying to change her battery cause her battery is totally dead that time. I closed the door while she was outside and I then locked it giggling. While I was sneaking at her through a door lens, the door suddenly OPENED by itself. My face was slightly pushed by the door (quite funny). I'm so scared cause I'm so sure to myself that I really locked the door. I got out and asked her if she opened the door but she said she didn't. I believe she didn't do it cause 1) the lock was inside the door so there is no way for her to open it. And 2) she put the parts of her phone to her lap for there is no table outside. So, when she tries to stand and open the door, the phone parts will fall to the ground. So, when she explained that she really didn't opened the door, it freaked me out so I ran outside as fast as I could.

It was almost 10:00 PM and I decided to go to sleep. We decided to sleep at the Living Room cause neither one of us is brave enough to sleep to my grandmother's room cause it's pretty creepy there.

My little sister was already asleep so I lay down beside her and my big sister is at the other side of the mat (she's still awake). Suddenly, when I tried to close my eyes, I was shocked to what I heard. Someone was snoring beside me although no one was really there. I put my ears on my little sister's mouth but it's not her. I swear it's really someone we can't see. As I am listening, my big sister asked me if I heard that snore and I said yes. We kept on listening until the snoring vanished.

Is my grandmother's house haunted? Please give me some answers.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, freakout, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

freakout (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-29)
Thank You guys for your sincere regards, and thanks for reading my story.
By the Way, (about the door): the door in my grandmothers house is made of narra tree (I don't know the name of it in your language) and is very strong and sturdy and by the way its newly renovated so there's no way for it to open by itself due to damage... (about the orbs) I believe you guys... Maybe you're right... Its just dust particles since we just finished cleaning that time... (about the snoring) my grandmother was not there that time... She went to cebu, There's only the three (3) of us sleeping in the living room and my father slept in one of the house's room because he is suffering a cough that time... 😁
Nathaniel (37 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-09)
Freakout, I sympathize with you for the recent disaster in your country. I hope you and your loved ones are all okay. Sounds like you had a freaky day, and night. But it doesn't sound like any malevolence there, just weird stuff happening. Not sure about photographs of orbs, I just don't have enough experience there to comment. I hear a lot of snoring in my house, lol, but that's all the 4 legged babies I've got. If you ruled out all other possibilities, then I'd call it paranormal. Elfstone, in your last paragraph do you mean orbs in general, or photographs of orbs? Because it reads as in general, which is probably where the confusion sets in.
elfstone810 (227 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-09)
I understand they're probably having power grid and internet connectivity issues. I wish freakout would check in, though. I'd just like to know she's okay.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
10 years ago (2013-11-09)
Morning freakout. I hope you, and all the YGS member from the Phillipines, are safe.
Some activity may be occurring in your grandmother's house, the snoring and opening door could indicate a teasing presence. The orbs, as others have pointed out, there are many non paranormal explanations for orbs. I've never put much stock in orb photos because they can be explained more often than not.
As to the conversation about orb photos the rest of you guys are having, omg lmao I have to pile in. I recently went to a ghost hunting lecture. I wasn't particularly impressed by the group, was on the verge of walking out a few times, but the first time I almost walked out was when they presented an orb pic as evidence. They declared it a true orb and not dust because it had a face. Mind you, they had enlarged the picture considerably before they saw the "face." Enlarge anything too much and pixelation will make you see all sorts of images.
I have seen orbs with the naked eye before, maybe those are just concentrated energy? Static electricity or something? I don't know, I'm willing to believe those could well be paranormal. Photos though, I'm skeptical of 99.9% of them.
😳
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-08)
Im very sorry zzgranny, I was not trying to echo you. It looks like I did though.
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-08)
Hmm, I must concede with most of you, that orb pictures are hard to prove. There is a lot of dust particles and such to be considered. Although, I have a group picture of my family hanging on the wall that I'm positive has a orb from my mom in it, from when she died.

As far as the snoring, you were only 10 you said at the time. Was your grandma there in the house? Mabie she was the one you heard snoring.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-08)
I, personally, love orb photos. I do concede that most of the time they are dust, bugs, moisture, snow, ash from fires, etc. We have to take into consideration the location, weather and time of day (because some orbs can be caused by refracting sunlight as well as nocturnal bugs). But we also have to consider what our gut instincts and senses are telling us. I once saw an orb hovering around my son's head through the viewfinder on the camera but I got excited and by the time I snapped the photo it was gone 😆. There's probably a good scientific explanation but no one's provided me with one yet.

So, my take is, although very interesting and fun to look at and hear the stories behind them, orb photos can't be seriously taken as proof of the presence of a spirit/ghost. Unless of course, you saw it with your own eyes prior to snapping. Even then, most won't consider them. 😊
elfstone810 (227 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-08)
TalonWalt, why don't you write up your experience and submit it? It's hard to offer an intelligent opinion without all the facts and this really is a completely different discussion than the "orbs in pictures" one.
TalonWalt (3 stories) (69 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-08)
When I had my experience, I had no idea what orbs were. At the time the internet did not exist, so I couldn't research it there. I also didn't tell anyone what I saw for 3 years. The person I confided in had seen the same thing, but at a different time. So it wasn't a shared hallucination. Years later I started research via the internet and could only find ball lightning as a possibility, but I knew that couldn't be it, as no damage was done to the room I was in. I also recreated several experiments to rule any and every thing out. I know it wasn't a burning cigarette end, nor a passing car... As the room was away from the road. I even tried a flashlight experiment, which didn't pan out either. Then one day saw a tv show discussing orbs, and that seemed to fit. I wasn't trying to be rude, I was asking elfstone what they thought orbs were.
HoppingCorpse (2 stories) (42 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-08)
To TalonWalt
Continuity check - we are still talking about orbs on photos right? Not the ones you see with naked eye. If those are the orbs seen to the naked eye those could also be glowing cigarette ends, far lights of vehicles or maybe even paranormal things. But currently we are discussing this story and the author only saw the orbs on pictures his camera made.
elfstone810 (227 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-08)
TalonWalt, I'm not talking about things that you see with the naked eye. I know that occasionally people see odd shapes and light anomalies. I don't know what those are (and I think they'd have to be examined on a case by case basis to even guess). And it's possible that once in a while someone might get a picture of such anomalies, which is why I'll concede that there's a small chance of an orb picture being something supernatural.

HOWEVER, such an occurrence is going to be rare. Dust and moisture in front of a camera lens is not rare. Nowadays it seems like everyone who takes pictures in a possibly haunted location is posting them to the internet and pointing out all the "orbs" they've captured. By the law of averages alone, the vast majority of those pictures are going to be nothing paranormal. Occam's razor.
TalonWalt (3 stories) (69 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-08)
I have seen amber colored orbs with my own eyes. Not a picture of them, but actual orbs. So if they weren't paranormal, what were they elfstone?
elfstone810 (227 posts)
+4
10 years ago (2013-11-08)
I'm with HoppingCorpse, especially regarding orbs. Orbs never showed up in pictures until people started using digital cameras. Cameras are not magic. They are simply a device designed to record patterns of light and color. Why ghosts sometimes show up in pictures when they weren't seen with the naked eye is an open question. (Google "tulip staircase picture" for an excellent example of this.) I expect it has something to do with the shutter speed being fast enough to catch images that appear too briefly to be noticed by the human eye. I've tried to do some research on it, actually, and come to the conclusion that it's a question that's way too complex for me and that really needs to be addressed by actual scientists.

Orbs, though, are in another category, because they appear on one kind of camera but not another. So the question becomes "how are the cameras different?" The answer is that digital cameras are significantly smaller. The flash is much closer to the lens, so tiny objects, like dust motes and moisture droplets, can get caught in the flash when they're close enough to the lens to show up in the picture.

A lot of times you're seeing "orbs" photographed so close to the camera that it's basically magnified and the structure of the object is visible. Throw in paradoelia (I may have misspelled that) and suddenly you have orbs with faces.

I know a lot of people truly believe their "orbs" are spirits and I hate to disparage anyone's beliefs. Plus, this is all about the study of the unknown and I don't feel there is a lot of room in parapsychology for absolutes. So I will concede that there is a tiny chance that a tiny percentage of orbs are supernatural. It's really very tiny, though. You're looking at dust.

(Sorry to ramble on so! This is one of my pet topics.) Hope this morning finds you and all our members in the Philippines safe and well!
HoppingCorpse (2 stories) (42 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-11-08)
I am always skeptical about the entire "orbs on pictures" thing. It is enough for your camera lens to have a few specks of dust or water on it or in front of it and voila - instant paranormal activity.
Seconly, you went to house of your grandmother only with your 2 sisters? No parents? Was your grandmother there? If yes, that might explain the snoring.
As for the door, I am guessing you are not going to that house often. Thus you may not have known all the kinks/ problems the locks of doors may have there. The locks may spring back if old and not locked properly. I had this happen in my old place quite often and it stopped once the locks were changed. With the information given I think it was just the house, nothing paranormal.
Cheerios!
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-08)
Dear freakout,

I agree with Arwen, many things may be stirred up due to natural disasters, sometimes only for a short while. It doesn't sound if anything you encountered was harmful.

I will be praying for you and all our Philippine members - may you all stay safe during this unpredictable and dangerous time.
Arwen1957 (7 stories) (47 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-07)
Hi, Freakout

How are you? With word of another typhoon hitting your country I hope you and your family are safe and well. I believe that storms and other natural disasters can stir up many things not of this realm. The changed energy of the area may draw such things to it. I wonder if you will have a repeat this time? I hope not for you and your family Take care and I will be praying for you and your country

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: