You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Red Eyes On Christmas

Real Ghost Stories

Red Eyes On Christmas

 

I'm marianastrenchfan and this is my first story on this website. I am 15 and have experienced my fair share of paranormal activity.

The first experience I can remember happened when I was about four or five years old and was living in my house in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan with my parents and my baby sister. My sister was just born that May and shared my bedroom room with me.

Every Christmas my family would allow me to sleep on the couch to see if I could spot 'Santa' putting out our Christmas presents for us. On that night I woke up needing to use the washroom so from the couch I looked down the hallway towards the bathroom, which is right beside my room. I was preparing to get up and go when I looked to the bathroom and saw a pair of bright red eyes staring in my direction. I quickly got back on the couch covered up and forgot about using the washroom.

I never spoke of it to anyone until when a couple of weeks later when my cousin, who is my age and was visiting, says she saw the same thing.

We have moved since and still 10 years later my cousin and I talk about how creepy that house was and how we always felt like we were being watched by something dark and unwelcoming. Our parents thought we were crazy but we fully believe in what we saw. I don't know what it was that we really saw or if it was just our overactive child imaginations making things up for us to see.

In the house I live in now I have seen and heard things I can't explain. They will be in my next stories.

Thank you for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, marianastrenchfan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

marianastrenchfan (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-27)
Hey guys, I'm back (2 years later lol) and [at] spiritwaiting, no there was no mirror within my view, it was behind the door once you entered
Nathaniel (37 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-11-29)
I am wondering if it could have been a reflection off of something, as well. The reason I say this is because of something my brother and I saw when I was 8, and he was 5. At the time we were living in a house where you had to walk through my brothers room, in order to get into mine. (I only added this part so you'd know why my bro wasn't afraid to go to my room, but was afraid to go to the bathroom. He didn't have to cross the doorway to get into my room.) One night my brother woke me up, and told me he needed to go to the bathroom really badly, but that there was a "monster" standing in his doorway. I got up to look, and sure enough I saw a "monster" too. But the more I stared at it, something just didn't seem right. I then realized that the "monster" never moved, not even an inch. So I studied it some more, and then it hit me. There was no "monster!" It was the reflection of a dresser in the hallway, and shadow and light made it appear to be a "monster."
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-28)
lady-glow
I chuckled at your comment about the flour and 2 left boot prints. I would have told her he stubbed his toe getting in the chimney so he hopped for a few seconds...
Regards
RedWolf
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2013-11-28)
I'm with spiritwaiting it could have been reflections, maybe a pinch of being sleepy and another pinch of over imagination. If you told your cousin before she saw it then maybe it was power of suggestion that made her see it too.
RedWolf
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2013-11-27)
I think spiritwaiting is on the right track, specially if your family used to leave the christmas lights on during the night.
Did you get to see Santa? When my daughter was about 10 she decided to sleep on the couch facing the fireplace to see him; my husband covered the tiles that surround the fireplace with flouer so Santa's boots would leave some prints there. The next morning the kids found two big boot prints on the flour but didn't believe they were Santa's because they both were from a left shoe! 😆
...and guess who had to clean the mess! 😠

Thanks for sharing your story with us.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-11-27)
If you can remember, was there a bathroom mirror within your view? It could have been christmas lights off the tree, or through a front windows reflection. I'm not saying it didn't happen, but it could very well be the case. Scary though.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: