You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted Boarding School

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Boarding School

 

When I was 16-18 years old, in high school, I lived in a boarding school in a little village outside Aarhus, Denmark. The school was quite old, and I learned that before the buildings were opened as a school there used to be a huge farm house on the property (1600 -?). The farmhouse burned down and after some years the school was build. Over the years more buildings were added but the main building always stood as the day it was build in 1917.

I didn't believe in ghosts before I moved to the school but I definitely do now. Even though the only experiences I had was at the school, almost 20 years ago.

In 1960s there were rooms on the third floor of the main building, but after two young girls died there, the rooms were closed off and two new wings were build. One for girls and one for boys. There is absolutely nothing in those tiny rooms in the main building anymore.

I've been up there once with one of the teachers, because my friends and I kept saying that we saw a girl dressed in white looking at us from one of the little windows. This happened frequently in the evenings, when we were coming back from riding or swimming. We used to see a candle burning behind her and her just standing there, watching us.

The teacher finally took us up there one evening, and true enough, except for spiders and dust, there was absolutely nothing there, and it was very clear that none has been up there for years. We kept seeing the girl in the window and even though I haven't been back since I left in 1996 I'm sure she is still there.

Some of my friends also used to hear horses in the night behind the main building. Even though they rushed to the windows they saw nothing, but heard the horses as if they were passing just below the windows.

But the scariest experience happened in my dorm room one night.

The rooms were placed like this: From the long main corridor doors led to small halls/kitchenettes where we had closets, a sink and two chairs. From the hall two doors led to two rooms. My room was on the left and my friends on the right. Our rooms were on the third floor and at the very end of the corridor, right by the stairs.

One night I was asleep and my friend out drinking in the disco. Something woke me up and straight away I thought she came back drunk and was loud in the hall. I opened my eyes and listened but heard nothing. I looked towards my door, which was closed, and saw it open slowly. I still thought it was my friend so I sat up in bed waiting for her to come in but then a little grey girl appeared. She was about 7-8 years old with long hair and a dress from the beginning of the 1900s. And she was all grey. I froze and just stared at her and she stared at me. She didn't smile, didn't say anything, just kept looking at me. After a few seconds I panicked and closed my eyes and hid under the blanket. I don't know how long I was lying there under the blanket but the next thing I heard was footsteps on the stairs, doors open and my drunk friend fiddling with her keys.

At that time I was really scared but since then I have experienced absolutely nothing and now I feel sorry that I didn't speak to the little girl or to the one in the main building. It would have been nice knowing their stories.

Thank you for reading my story and who knows, maybe one day I'll have another one to share.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kas, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Kas (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-01)
[at] spiritwaiting: The two girls from the mail building died because of a gasleak if I remember correctly, so an accident. The old farmhouse burned down, and I'm not sure if there were other houses on the property before the school was build. If I ever see another ghost, I hope I won't panic and I hope I'll be brave enough to talk to them:)
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-30)
I live with the same regret on one account many years ago, you have a chance to communicate with a ghostie and the fear of the unknown gets the upper hand of you to a point where it's better to close your eyes or leave the room or what ever... On my account, I remembered walking out of the room and making a light hearted joke about it to my wife, when underneath like you, it does levitate your fear senses, but we men are supposed to be fearless aren't we? 😨...I wonder if these girl/s need a hand to move on? It seems like they are stuck consciously to our realm especially this building for some reason and can not move on, perhaps unfinished business or denial of their miss fortunate ending of life? Anyway thank for you for sharing your account and eventually they will move on, as space and time for them works differently to our time clock and there death may only seem like yesterday for them?

Daz.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-30)
Bless your heart, these things happen so fast. Maybe you could revisit the area or something. Interesting story.
ghostlysmile (guest)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-30)
scary story, I too agree that you should have talked to the girl, you should look for more information about that place, well once again it was a scary story.

Ghostlysmile
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-29)
kas, I understand you being to afraid, to talk. The little girl may have just been interested in talking to you as well. Or just wondering whom else was in the building with her. I wonder how they passed? Did you ever find out how they passed away?
bluemer04 (1 stories) (58 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-29)
I agree, you should have talked to the girl, you might be able to help her see the light or get what she needed. But on the other hand, I will be scared too... Moving forward, if you see one again hope that you will have the courage to ask the spirit... 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: