You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Whispers That Wake Me Up

Real Ghost Stories

Whispers That Wake Me Up

 

This happened when I was around 8 years old. I am now 15 but I haven't had any paranormal instances since then except for a few "I'm being watched" kind of feeling.

I used to live with my dad in a two story house that was pretty old. We lived in Manassas, VA which is right where most of the civil wars happened. My parents divorced a few years ago though so I don't live there anymore.

It was when I first got my own room instead of sharing with my older brother that this happened. I felt comfortable and nothing felt wrong with the room. Until one night I was sleeping peacefully, and a whisper woke me up. I could make it out perfectly as If I was never sleeping. It said my name "Barrett". It was quiet and creepy. I looked around then got up, turned the light on but no one was there. Thinking it was my brother trying to scare me, I looked all around the room but found nothing. As soon as I realized that no one was there, I freaked out and ran to my parents' room and slept with them for the night.

The next day I figured it was nothing and was using my room as I would normally and felt ok, but again it happened. A whisper that sounded the exactly same as it did last time, only it didn't say a specific word. It's was jumbled up words or something, I can't explain it. I again got up but this time ran straight to my parents' room instead of checking my room for anything.

The third night I was scared still but slept in my room. This time nothing happened and everything has been fine up to now. I keep this story to myself and have only talked to my grandmother about this. She is a very religious Christian woman. She said I must have done something bad that made a devil come to me at night. But I don't remember anything I could have done to cause this to happen.

If anyone else has experienced whispers and stuff like that, I would be glad if you could comment about it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Satistraption, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ad_victoriam (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-03)
Similar things happened to me when I was young, now I'm 44 years old. And it's even more frightening because the "whispering" don't happen at night alone but even at daytime. On some occasions, even "shouting". You can say, anytime, anywhere, and whatever. At school, I'll often ask my teacher's permission to go out just to look around the premises and see who's calling me. That went on for months! Until, finally, I talked to my grandmother and told her about my ordeal. She said it's just me! It's all in my head. She advised me to think of what the "voice" should say the next time I hear it. And true enough, when I heard the "whisper", I "laugh". And there. It laugh. I thought of beautiful things to say, and same words I heard in my thoughts. I'm not insane, just a confused child. It all started when my brother scared me by hiding behind an empty water tank and called my name in a scary way. Thanks to my grandmother, I understood and my sufferings ended.
justinwoo3112001 (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-02)
Wherer's your brother then. Dont be scared ok. Go find a priest and check your house
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-01)
You say the house was old and built on a place whit a violent past, go figure all the stuff that has happened within those walls.
After reading your story I couldn't help but to remember one of my old great aunts saying that the ground would open to swallow back-talking children, the worse is that I used to believe it. 😆
I'm glad you didn't heard that whispering more than twice... That was more than enough!
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-01)
No problem, and glad to give you a laugh lol. It's good to hear you didn't stay frightened. 😁
Satistraption (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-01)
Hi BadJuuJuu,

Thanks for the comment, I'm glad that it wasn't what my grandmother said it could be. I just don't know who would try to communicate with me then. I'm not gonna
Lie the "scared the bejeezus out of you" cracked me up. Anyway, I am not still "scarred" or anything now, but I admit I would be freaked out if this happened again. I'm just glad it didn't end up like those families in paranormal activity. Thanks again.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-01)
I don't believe for a second you did anything to make a "devil" harass you. Demons, devils, negative entities, pick your term, are stubborn. They don't whisper for a couple of nights and then disappear as if they were never there. Something like that would have stuck around, feeding off of fear and anxiety. It's just how they roll. It seems more likely a deceased relative may have been trying to communicate, and scared the bejeezus out of you instead. It may be that the second visit was an attempt to apologize for scaring you, and that's why it hasn't happened since. Just an opinion, I really hope you're not still scared by the event.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: