You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I Was Told To Wake Up

Real Ghost Stories

I Was Told To Wake Up

 

Saturday:

I'm actually not entirely sure if this is a product of my subconscious mind or tied to the spiritual world.

I've had small occurrences from time to time. The latest, that happened for sure, took place months ago, after my father died.

I was obviously in a bad place and that day was the first day I spent alone after his passing. It was just me and my dog. I couldn't stop thinking about him and was deeply hurting over the fact I would never see him or hear him again. Three things happened that day.

1- At some point I went to the kitchen to prepare some toast. The minute I stepped inside the kitchen and turned the light on, the lamp blew.

2- Seconds later, the power went down everywhere. I checked the electrical panel and everything was as it was supposed so I just sat in the dark and waited for the power to return. I was the only person on the block to not have power. I dismissed it. A part of me wondered if it could have been my dad, but I chose not to dwell on it too much. It was dark already and my mind kept saying that if it could be my dad, it could be something else. (I watch a lot of horror movies, yes.) I didn't want to invite anything so I distracted myself with the phone.

3-When the lights came back on, I was sitting on the couch. There's a wall behind it and a window on the left side. I was alone and distracted with my laptop when a grain of dog food fell directly on top of my hand, which was resting on the keyboard. The dog was sleeping in another room, his food wasn't even anywhere around the place where I was sitting and somehow it just magically fell from the ceiling on my hand? At that point I had to believe someone was there. Still, I asked for it to stop "dad I know it's you. Now please stop, don't do it again." Nothing else happened.

My life is pretty uneventful. Occasionally I experience sleep paralysis. That has happened 4 times so far, each time more intense than the other. The first time was the most terrifying. It felt like someone was breathing on my ear, from behind me. The last time it happened I didn't necessarily feel like I had company. I wasn't as scared, but my body felt like it was vibrating immensely and it sounded like I had airplane engines inside my head.

Lately, as in this past week, the only thing bothering my sleep is that I wake up very often during the night with my heart racing and I feel anxious for no apparent reason. As if I was woken up abruptly, but I can never remember any nightmares to justify it.

Something else that has been happening throughout the years is me seeing 11:11 a lot, on clocks. Sometimes it happens a lot, other times it's pretty 'quiet'.

The reason for me to mention this is because of what I truly came here to describe.

I don't know if it could mean something or if it's just my subconscious but after staying up until very late last night I slept in today. In my dream state a voice told me to wake up. "Wake up, it's 11:11". I opened my eyes, grabbed my phone and indeed it read 11:11. It's just so... Unreal. It had never happened to me before, being woken up with such an accurate message. And the voice, I don't recognize it. I think it was a female voice, but the details are getting all blurry now.

So that's it. Anyone has had similar things happening to them?

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TheBlimp, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

KikiGirl (8 stories) (207 posts)
-2
7 years ago (2017-02-11)
TheBlimp, this is an interesting account! Thank-you for taking the time to type it up and share with us. As I read your question about 11:11, my intuition immediately led me to believe that it had to do with your growth or transformation, and it is a good thing. I feel like it also has to do with God, although I think that Gods number is 7 if I am correct?
So, I did a quick search of the meaning of the number 11 on the internet, and I received the following text explanation:
Https://www.google.co.za/?gws_rd=ssl#q=meanng+of+11
The spiritual meaning of number eleven is quite diverse. The number eleven is thought of as a "master" number in numerology...

I can relate to you in a few ways, I also had an experience where an entire section of a highway lighting blew out, suddenly. And, I have heard a lot of Authors on YGS - www.yourghoststories.com say that they have experienced objects disappearing and reappering somewhere else!

I also studied numberology for a little bit and I must say - I didn't have a Linda Goodman version or some very modern, accomplished trainer's version book, I had this little numerology book I had bought which was situated next to a few other books like "A saying for each day", "Quotes by the Dalai Lama", and "The Art Of War". But, the numbers speak for themselves! The detail and confirmation on every aspect of a persons life & personality using the numerology book - obstacle numbers, skills, principles and even what industry you would work well or fit into!

On another point, I would recommend you look into the following: Synchronicity and numbers or
Synchronicity and spiritualism

Best wishes!
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (315 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-10)
That's crazy to hear of another person seeing 1111 allot. The same with me and my husband. Except we started to notice that it would also be 111, 1011. My husband was into numerology, and found out his is 10, and mine just happened to be 11. 1011. Looking up the meaning of seeing 1s like that, matches up to what spirit waiting said about it. As well as it meaning good thing's pretty much. So I wouldn't really fear seeing that time, just that in my experience, it's a good thing. We decided to get married on that date too (1011). But your instincts will kick in for you to know what you see, or feel, is good or bad. There's a different feeling when you're just scared, verses if you feel it's dangerous. Not sure if any of this helps. I'm also sorry to hear about your dad. I know it's a hard thing to go through. You'll be in my prayer's.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-10)
Blimp,

11:11 could mean several different things, just depends on how you view these things.

What i've experienced with 11:11.
That major changes are coming and pay attention to them.

I'm deeply sorry for the loss of your beloved Father. I almost lost my mother some years back, and the not knowing even for a second was terrifying. Even the thought of losing her was killing me emotionally.

Maybe someone is watching over you and is trying to get you to pay attention to signs they are sending your way.

Maybe from this loss of your Father, there is good and great change coming for you.

I hope you are ok, and are healing from this.

Thank you for sharing
Spiritwaiting

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: