You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Old Grandma

Real Ghost Stories

Old Grandma

 

My sisters and brother, my parents and I were in the kitchen watching television, it was about 10:30 pm at the time. Just the past week, my grandma had died from "eating ice cream" they said. She had suffered from stomach freeze instead of brain freeze. After the funeral on saturday, my family and I have been seeing strange things and hearing weird noises late at night. (Back to the day where my whole family was together watching TV).

My dad had told us all to go to bed because it was late. Usually every night my dad would shake his key chain to scare my little brother so he would go to sleep. But that night, it wasn't exactly what we thought it was. The first time was my dad shaking his key chain because us girls were talking and laughing. I was about 5 or 6 years old at the time! Me and my sisters were cracking up jokes and laughing and having fun.

First time my dad shook his keys, my little brother got scared and went to sleep right away! My mom and my sisters and my little brother and I slept on a mattress (King size) my dad slept on a single bed because he didn't want to be distracted! After me and my sister were done laughing and joking, and were getting tire and ready to sleep. Everyone had fallen asleep except me, I'm always the last one to fall asleep even today still.

I was just about to close my eyes and getting myself comfortable when I heard the keys jingling. My dad was asleep, I heard him snoring, but I asked him to stop shaking his keys because everyone was asleep already. But my dad gave a replied, "I'm not shaking my keys..." I thought he was joking and ask him again. But he gave me the same replied. I was frighten a little so I woke my older sister up, she told me she was asleep but she could still hear the keys jingling.

I finally fell asleep, and now my older sister was up. We sleep right below the window and it was open so it was cold. My older sister pulled the blanket over out feet, but then, all of a sudden the blanket when right up not covering our feet. I was REALLY scared now. Me and my sister again cover the blanket over feet again, this time the blanket didn't go up, instead someone was tickling our feet. We both thought it was our dad and asked him to stop. But he gave us a replied, "I'm not tickling your feet, I'm sleeping all the way over here..." Me and my sister were really, really scared. I mean scared to death!

I was too scared to get up and look around so I decided to go under the blankets and curl up. My older sister however, got up in a sitting position and looked around, she told me, she didn't see anything at first. But then when she was about to lay back down, she saw it. It was there at the end of the mattress. It was there smiling and waving at my sister. She was wearing hmong clothes, a traditional outfit for new year and also when they die. She had blood dripping on one side of her mouth and her teeth were red. My sister said, her hair was long and black and messy. Just when the ghost was about to the climb on the bed, my sister screamed very loud and woke EVERY one up. I was so scared that I cried, but I wasn't the only one. My younger sisters and my little brother had cried too. We all told my parents what we saw that night. My parents went to their house and ask grandpa to take a look, and he told us that grandma had came to visit because she misses us!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ariya Yang, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

megster717 (9 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-29)
😁 ❤
Happiness and love to you and your family!
It seems like your grandma was saying 1 last goodbye!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-12)
are you certain she did not die of some other ailment and you were all told of a 'stomach freeze;' to save you the details as you were children? I have been in medicine for about 17 years, never heard of that one. I am not indicating you were lied to viscously, maybe they simply tried to spare your feelings and firght.

i do think from what you are portraying in your story that it possibly was your grandmother letting you know she was at peace.

have any other incidents occured or do you feel she has gone to the other side?

God Bless!
KkodakK (4 stories) (8 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-11)
Jay-moua mekas mas, raum li raum xwb os!😉 Peb Hmoob yeej muas poj dab mekas tsis paub xwm os.
melissagrove2000 (4 stories) (43 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-11)
What on earth! Stomach freeze!? I am a nurse and have never heard of this one! Sorry, but I can't get pass that one. And like Shane, I am finding this a bit hard to swallow also!
KkodakK (4 stories) (8 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-11)
Koj yog Hmoob Los? Me TOO :)

Good story - and sorry to hear about your grandma. My grandma died from a stroke several years ago - at our previous home, we'd hear feet shuffling from her bedroom to the living room at midnight. My grandma use to do that when she was alive... She didn't turn on any lights, just sat in her chair... In the dark. Weird.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-11)
Okay now I think I have heard everything. Dying from a stomach freeze. Oh boy, 😆now that is a good one. Sorry find this one a bit hard to swallow.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: