You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Lady In The White Flowing Dress

Real Ghost Stories

Lady In The White Flowing Dress

 

This account comes from my wife, during a conversation about this page last night.

She was around 7 years old at the time and was at the coast in Tynemouth, Tyne & Wear, UK, walking up a coastal path with her sister and aunt. As they approached the top of this path (which opens out to a picnic area), she clearly remembers seeing a lone lady standing at the other side of this reasonable small area, looking out to sea. She says she looked at this lady with more than just a passing flicker as there was something abnormal about her. With closer inspection, she vividly remembers the lady's clothing as being old fashioned. She describes her dress as a "white flowing" dress. She was wearing a hat, and she also seems to remember her holding what she thinks was a book.

My wife also said there was a slight sepia colour to her, and she a sad feeling and she said she also never saw her face. As she, her sister and her aunt approached the end of the path (it takes a dip where the view of the picnic area is obscured), as they rose back up and onto the area itself, she looked for the lady again, but she was nowhere to be seen. She ran around the area looking for her, but the lady had disappeared completely. The only way back from this area is either via the path my wife was on, or down the cliff and into the open sea, and they did not pass anyone on the path, and saw no one in the water (thankfully).

She has thought about this over the years, and has tried to come up with a plausible and logical explanation, and failed. It is the only ever encounter she has had where she feels she has genuinely seen a ghost.

Other hauntings by Griff84

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Griff84, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-21)
val - thank you 😊 He's absolutely wonderful and it's so hard to imagine what life was like without him in it❀
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-03-21)
Unfair! Griff is making me laugh a little too hard with his imagery! πŸ˜† How am I suppose to comment on his story when beset with giggles?
A new grandbaby?! Oh, Miracles, how wonderful!Congrats!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-21)
Griff - I never for a second thought you were criticizing 😊 I took it to be kind-hearted humor and fun.

BJJ - no worries, we'll get you sorted out. And then you'll wonder what in the hell you were thinking! πŸ˜†
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-21)
For what it's worth, I swear I'm trying to help. I'm being cursed by the dreaded error message demon lol. Sorry. 😭
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-03-21)
Dam those chains πŸ˜†

Your little grandchild is far more important than any story on here, this is great, but that is better.

Please don't think this was a hint or dig, I just felt compelled to share it with you 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-21)
Griff - LOL love the image πŸ˜† Yeah, we're behind, but not nearly as bad as it has been before. I imagine some of the members are extremely frustrated. And we've all got things going on that are keeping us from plugging away night and day. I have a new grandson that I want to spend time with when I get home from work instead of doing stories, so I do them in the mornings or during lunchtime at work instead πŸ˜†

Those chains do get mighty tight every now and then LOL, especially when we try and escape them πŸ˜‰
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-21)
I'll comment here as this is my story -

Miracles51031, looking at the dates these experiences were submitted, it seems you have some backlog to get through.

I keep making myself smile, because when I see the dates, I have an image of a small stuffy room with you & Granny sat in there with a small table and a laptop each, chained to the desk. And when one of you looks up, and asks in your dry, dusty voice, 'please sir, may we share a glass of water?' Martin the Story Wizard screams back 'you can have a thimble full when we get to March, NOW TYPE!'

And then BJJ comes and knocks on the door and asks if your coming out to play, and The Story Wizard asks, 'I wonder, can you type'...

Is that how it is?

I know how random this is, but I get the feeling you would appreciate this image I get πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-09)
mishalasif, I agree with you, there is an old Priory close by which had many a grave stone of lost sailors, perhaps she was waiting for one of them to return?
mishalasif (8 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-06)
maybe that was a sad spirit waiting for someone. I am feeling so sad.
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-23)
Apparently it was just along from king Edwards bay, towards the long sands and old swimming pool
LOCDOG (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-23)
Thats very interesting. I also have had similar experiences in the past. I actually live 10 miles from tynemouth itself. Can you state which park or picnic area this was?
ghosthunter9876 (67 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-23)
maybe it's the ghost of a young woman who was probably looking out for her lost love a lost sailor perhaps even in death as she may have done in her lifetime.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: