You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The White Lady Moved in With Us

Real Ghost Stories

The White Lady Moved in With Us

 

When I was in college, my parents decided to move to a new house in Quezon City. The house my parents wanted to move in was a townhouse located inside a compound. The house looked decent enough to live in, but when I first saw it, I couldn't help but feel that there was something wrong with it.

When we moved in, I was able to speak with one of the old tenants in the compound, I asked him if there was anything strange going on in the area. The man mentioned that a lot of people have seen a white lady walking around the compound late at night. Nobody knows when she started appearing but as far as anyone can remember, she has always been spotted there.

I spent a few nights waiting outside our house wanting to see if this was true, but nothing happened, I asked my neighbor if the stories were true, all he could tell me was that there hasn't been a sighting for weeks, nobody sees her anymore. Eventually I forgot about the stories.

A few months later, strange things started to happen inside our house. Water faucets would turn off by themselves, lights would either turn on or off and the dogs would often jump around as if playing with an invisible friend. One time my mom got so angry with me for coming home late that stormed inside my room and started reprimanding me. As my mom was lecturing me about being responsible and stuff, the TV and the radio suddenly turned on and started switching channels rapidly. My mom just gave me a weird look and left my room immediately.

One evening a friend of mine went over to visit, since I always come home late, my mom allowed him to go wait for me inside my room. While he was laying in my bed browsing through one of my books, he saw the distinct figure of a woman sitting inside one of my large cabinets staring at him. My friend ran out of the house without saying goodbye to my parents. He only told me about the incident two days later when I invited him for a sleep over.

The ghost never really bothered us that much so we just let her be. Needless to say, every visitor that we had only came by once. None of them wanted to return to the house after spending time there. A lot of them told us that they would often hear a woman whispering in their ears, but they couldn't understand what the voice was saying.

When It came time for us to move to a different place, the house, which was usually pleasant, gave off an air of sadness. During our last night in the house, I was putting my things into some boxes when I felt a gust of cold air brush beside me, when I looked at the door, I saw a pretty young woman smiling at me. She disappeared as soon as she came. I smiled and thought that maybe she just wanted to say goodbye.

Last I heard she was walking the compound grounds again. She may be waiting for another family to move in with again.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, pingping, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ghostlover8567 (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-19)
Nice story if I saw that ghost smiling at me I would run as fast at hell but also I fell sorry for that woman
ishna_in_love (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-17)
that's a nice story...

the white lady took a genuinely friendly and benevolent liking towards you. 😳

hope that the family moving in after you she takes to nicely, also. 😆
BlueLady
 
17 years ago (2007-09-14)
😨
WHOA!
If I were you then when I saw the lady smiling I ould run out and SCREAM like your friend.
You're lucky.You're brave. When it comes to Ghost STORIES and SOUNDS I'm like a sword. But when it comes to SIGHTINGS,I'm like a 3 year old.
Thanks for the story and have a nice day!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-13)
Thank you for the touching story. I am so glad she felt welcome with your family. It would be nice if she could cross over though.

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: