You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Four Demonic Looking Men In Bedroom Please Help

Real Ghost Stories

Four Demonic Looking Men In Bedroom Please Help

 

my name is Deidre I am 25 years old and was born and raised in Winston-Salem, NC. This is my first time sharing a story on here. I recently found the site and thought maybe I could get some answers or ideas from others about my experiences.

I have had quite a few experiences with the spirit world but I will be discussing the three main ones that have affected me in this story. I read the submission guideline and I swear that everything I am saying is true, and has terrified me since and left me wondering what did I do that brought this to me, and what is it?! Please bear with me through this because it will be a little long. I have very photographic memory so I will put in as many details without boring you.

Shadow Man - My first experience happened when I was probably around the age of 6. It was around 9 or 10 in the morning. I know this because during this time in the morning the sun is very bright in my room. I woke up and laid in bed for a few minutes just rolling around stretching etc, then I sat up and saw a dark shadow of a man standing in my doorway. If you have ever heard of shadow people than you know what I am about to describe. He was in the shape of a man but a pitch black shadow. I could not see through him, with no distinctive facial features, but he did have a hat on. (Remember it is completely lit by sun light.)

My bed was in the middle of the room at the time and the door was at the end of the bed to the left. The shadow man came in and stood at the end of my bed. I didn't know what to think or even to be scared so I just went to get off the bed. When I did so, the shadow man came to the side I was trying to get off from, so I went for the other side and he ran around to that side too. I backed up to the corner and he went and stood back at the end of the bed. At this point I knew he was something to be feared. I screamed and started to cry for my mom and dad (who's bedroom was directly across the hall from mine maybe 3 feet.)

As I began to scream and cry the shadow man ran out of the room and down the hall quicker than any human could ever run. At the same time I hear a loud click, the cocking of a gun, and my father runs out of his room with his shotgun and I scream at him there was a man in my room and he ran down the hall. My father, of course, ran down the hall and checked every room, door, window NOTHING.

When I was older, probably around 18, I asked my dad about that morning. He said he distinctively remembers that day because he was already awake and getting his gun loaded when he heard me scream. He had be awakened by noises and he thought someone had broken in.

Four Demonic Men - My second experience happened when I was 14, again in my bedroom. My bed at this time was up against the wall that my door was on, the foot of the bed at the door. In the right bottom corner of the room I had a dresser with a mirror caddy cornered by my closet. I have always been afraid of the dark and that stays true to this day so, as always, I had a well lit lamp on throughout the night.

It was probably around 2 or 3 am when I woke up on my left side facing my wall. My cat had woke me up (by biting my nose, his favorite way to wake me) wanting attention. He laid on my right side as I rubbed him for about 15 minutes. He suddenly looked back behind him and crawled off me and laid down beside me facing my dresser. I thought nothing of it, just thought he got what he wanted and he was over it haha. I turned around to get comfortable and when I did, I saw what he was staring at. Four tall men standing in front of my dresser staring at me. Now let me say, I have been followed home and almost attacked, as well as robbed at gun point and choked by the robber. Neither of these situations brought anywhere near the fear I felt this night. I was paralyzed, couldn't breathe, scream, cry, move, NOTHING.

The four men were very tall, they were all dressed the same but had different faces and hair cuts. Some men had long black hair down their back and others about shoulder length. They were all wearing all black, long black trench coats, almost like the style of a military trench coat, black pants, big thick black boots very Gothic like. The thing that stood out the most was their un-human like fair white skin, completely black eyes and the thing that still haunts my memories they had claws, black claws. Their hands were like yours and mine but where our fingernails are, they had dark black claws. I know this sounds extreme and probably made up but I swear on my life this happened.

I have searched and searched online and I can find others who have seen things like I did on instance 1 and 3. But the four men no one, I feel alone. After these men disappeared I laid there in shock for probably an hour. After I finally got up the courage to get up, I crawled to the end of the bed where my light switch was and flipped on the overhead light. I then checked under my bed and in my closet probably holding my breathe the whole time. I stood there for a few minutes then decided to get my parents who's room again is directly across the hall from mine. I opened the door and the hall was dark. I could see light from the living room coming from the TV my dad would fall asleep on the couch a lot with the TV on. Although it was 3 feet away I couldn't build up the courage to walk to steps across the dark hallway to get my mom, or even yell out for her or my dad. I sat on my bed until the sun came up and I heard my parents wake up. I told them about my encounter and of course I got "you were just dreaming". No sir, no ma'am I was WIDE awake when this happened.

No one else in my house has ever claimed to see anything, but my dad says that he has heard things sometimes throughout the years. When I found this site I had to join and share my story in hopes that ANYONE has any inclination about what I seen that night. It has haunted me for years and to this day I want to know why I seen this and what it is. I know it's some kind of demon. It almost looked like they could be the devils guards or something. If anyone has any ideas or similar experiences PLEASE COMMENT!

Cloaked Figure - 3rd experience - I'll keep it short since this on like instance 1, I have found many others have seen this. I was 16 I had came home from school. It was about 3:30 and no one was home. I went to the bathroom, which is in the middle of the hallway. As I came out I quickly looked both ways like you do when crossing the road (I think it's just habit). I quickly took another look to my left (living room area). Up against the wall stood a tall dark black cloaked figure, I didn't see any hands or feet they were covered by the cloak. It was staring straight forward and never turned to look at me. This cloaked figure stood so straight up against the wall, no human could do this due to our curves in our back and body. It was flat against the wall looking forward.

I could have set the carpet on fire as fast as I took off the other direction to my bedroom. I locked the door and called my dad freaking out, begged him to come home because I was too scared to walk out through the house and I had to be at work at 5:00. My father and my mother have both seen spirits in their lives at my grandmother's old house, yet he refused to come home, said I would be fine. So me, being the big chicken I am (with good reason I think!) I opened my window knocked the screen out and jumped out, jumped in my car and I was out of there!

Now here's my thing. I was 6 years old when I saw these evil looking things. I have always been a full blown believer in Jesus Christ. I am a Christian and I just don't understand what made me see these things, especially starting at such a young age. I can't count how many nights I stayed up crying to my mom, scared to go to sleep and asking why I saw these things. If you're wondering If I've ever played with a Oujia board, yes I have. I was in the fourth grade at a friend's sleepover and nothing happened. Not saying that couldn't have opened me up to something but what about the time before that? (definitely know better now though!) I just don't feel that was it. But my main concern and questions are about the 4 men.

Please everyone feel free to tell me what you think. Thanks for taking the time to read sorry it was so long but I wanted to make sure there was enough detail. Please help me solve this mystery!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, deidrej24, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Julie_W696 (11 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-07-25)
I think it's rather arrogant for any of us to assume we know what these things are, or what they want. We see things, and use our experiences in life to interpret them, but we should not then assume those interpretations are fact.

Example: We see something beautiful and light that feels good and loving - some may assume that's an angel. It's one thing to 'think' that, but we should never assume that we know - we don't. Assuming the wrong thing could really end up biting you in the you-know-what. It could also prevent you from learning the truth (whatever that may be).
Julie_W696 (11 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-25)
If you started seeing these things at age six, I doubt the Ouija board in grade four had much to do with it.

Also, you wouldn't be able to see the curves in a person's back if they were wearing a cloak (3rd experience).

I do know what it's like, however, having a very different paranormal experience; I have too. It does feel very lonely. My experience was not like yours, however.
Paranormal4life (3 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-13)
Many people don't understand that not all ghosts are violent. I can help you. Email me cwm1994m [at] aol.com
Rachel806 (1 stories) (14 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-04-15)
I can help you to be-rid of those entities if you want you may contact me at allbright.rachel [at] yahoo.com

I can also give you a few tips.
1.Try burning sage or sprinkling holy water in and on the door frame and window.
2.Repeat the Lords Prayer and always wear a cross make sure it is secured so the entity won't be able to rip it off.
3. Pay attention to your pets they are the most sensitive/along side children to paranormal activity
strider009 (13 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-11)
oops I have blundered heres my email: ryan.strider [at] live.com
deidrej24 (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-10)
STRIDER009- I do not know how to message you on here and you left no email please do so I can write you I am interested in what you have to say. Thanks
strider009 (13 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-02-05)
your second experience made me curious and I did some research recently I found a few things that might interest you. Feel free to message me to talk about it in a more Private setting. Anyway these encounters won't pose a threat on you currently unless you dwell on it. Keep that in mind for the future
SCAPE_Paranormal (17 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-15)
Okey, I have seen the shadow man with the hat! One night I just woke up and he was standing against my bedroom door. I wasn't scared because I pretty much just woke up, saw him, and went back to sleep. I didn't think anything of it at the time (because my dreams are usually odd anyways) but he was a dark shadow, directly against the door, with a top hat, and a coat... I don't know anything of this man and haven't seen him after that one time. But I have seen him too.
Toastiz (1 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-15)
Your first experience has happened to me before, I was around six, walking to the kitchen while my family was sleeping and a man walked out of the doorway to the kitchen, blocking it, it was a fully shadow with a hat on.
deidrej24 (1 stories) (20 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-01-15)
I also wanted to mention this to everyone. Both of our neighbors at my parents home so the 2 homes directly beside us, had a suicide in the home. The first was before I was born the house to the left of us the man who owned the home went into the garage and with the doors closed started his car:/. And the second was when I was 12 the family to the right of us where my best friend that I grew up with, her stepfather had a problem with alcohol and was about to loose his wife to divorce he went into the basement with a 22cal. And you know the resr. I didn't know if these tragedies surronding our home could have attracted something... Opinions please!
deidrej24 (1 stories) (20 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-15)
Badjuju- I apologize if I took you comment wrong. I guess I should have been more clear about my fear since I have moved out I'm not in fear like I was especially the year after it happened. And I wasn't all the time at my parents but their were times when the atmosphere just changed and I would be scared that I'd see something. Being a teenager I didn't understand why I seen those things was I crazy, did I do something bad to bring them on, etc. Everyday I feel closer to God and that has brought me great comfort when I get those weird feelings now I just speak out yo the lord and I always feel better. But them not harassing me more frequently I don't think that determines whether they are demonic/evil or not. I have also wondered if it's possible there is some sort of portal in my home that they come through and that's why I've seen different ones at different times. Again sorry if I took your comment to heart.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
10 years ago (2014-01-14)
Your fear doesn't bother me, but you gave the impression that it bothers you. I didn't mean to "put you down," and honestly don't know why you think I did. I tried very hard to be polite, and didn't use any insulting language. The point in me commenting was to say let it go and move on, clinging to old fears isn't healthy. Have a nice day.
Folklore (1 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-14)
Your faith is strong deidrej24 and as long as you stay close to God demons are absolutely powerless. They may try to frighten you or even become physical but as long as you remain true to your faith they will not harm you. Your soul belongs to Jesus Christ and if you show these entities you are not afraid of them in the name of Jesus they will go away. Order them to leave in the name of Christ and be sure you mean it. They are nothing.
deidrej24 (1 stories) (20 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-01-13)
Bad juju- Yes I still have some fear years later and if you seen what I did you would too does it consume me no but every once in a while I get fearful I will see them again. But I am more curious about these men now years later and if anyone has seen anything similar. And since I moved out to my own place I've seen things out of the corner of my eye but I didn't mention all those because it wasn't as sure of a thing as the others. Plus the last time I seen a full enity/demon was when I was 17. They never appear the same way twice. And because I haven't been able to find anyone with a similar experience with the four men is why I'm more curious. And if I still feal some fear I'm sorry that bothers you but I just want to find out more about these things and I came to this site to hear others opinions but if your just going to try to put me down I don't see the point in you commenting.
deidrej24 (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-13)
Orrione- my fear has subsided a lot in the past years And when I do feel scared I call out to god and make it known that I am the blood of Christ and my heart and soul is forever his and any evil is not welcome and must leave. But there are times when I get that gut feeling something is around that is not good and that's when I speak out. My fear has subsided a lot since I left my parents house although I have seen some shadows here but not often and not since I've been calling out to the lord.
Narella (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-13)
Events like that can be so traumatizing, even to adults. I understand why it would still rattle you to think about it. However, I do think it's unlikely they will occur again. You need to find a way to let the fear go. You could have the house cleansed, talk to a minister, or a reputable paranormal group. Once you take action, the fear will begin to go.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-13)
I apologize if I missed something, but you saw these four men when you were 14 and haven't seen them since, correct? You're now 25 and still freaked out by a one time event 11 years ago? That's how I'm understanding what I'm reading anyway. Please clarify if I've misunderstood.
Now, demons are stubborn, persistent, determined. If these men were actually demonic and had an interest in you, they would've been back by now. They enjoy fear and suffering too much to scare a kid once and then disappear. Unless I've totally misread this and these men are a recurring encounter, its time to let this fear go and move on.
Orrionne (1 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-13)
Okay, listen... If you're a Christian, and you've always been a strong believer in Jesus Christ, then you do NOT need anyone to come and bless your home, or bless you. You have the power to do it on your own. Often, demonic spirits tend to attach themselves to people who ARE full of faith in Jesus Christ, but don't exercise the power that has been giving to them. It takes no fear. Plead the blood of Christ, and command the spirits to leave. Drive them out by charging the Angels Gabriel and Michael to defend you. These spirits are attached to you. Not the house, not any objects, just you. Ask to be filled with the spirit of God. Now, I would not be telling you this if you had not said that you were a strong believer in Jesus Christ. I don't recommend any who is not a believer to try and drive out any spirits. I wouldn't put anyone in that type of danger. However, YOU Deidre, you can do it. I've had many, many, many experiences with demonic forces and spirits, that is, until I learned that I could drive them away. Now, I don't. I walk in authority given by God. Believe me, NO spirit, NO shadow, NOR ANY DEMONIC PRESENCE will dare stand up to the spirit of God.
modz27 (4 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-12)
It's best to know the history of your house and the history of your land. Know what's your land or your community history within at least 100 years. You'll get to understand why there are such appearing on your presence only. Then you'd have a clearer thought on what to do next.
koalagirl (3 stories) (111 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-11)
Hi Deidre, thankyou for sharing your experience, I d would be scared if I saw that, maybe get the house blessed (we had ours done, I little bit of god doesn't hurt any one) also psalm 23 is the prayed for protection, and pray to Jesus that he protects you. Keep us posted.di.
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-10)
Sometimes scary things are perfectly harmless. Sometimes beautiful things are deadly. Though I'm not a Christian, I'm in great agreement with Jitow. Clearly these beings made you uncomfortable. It's time to call upon Jesus or God to protect you, and consult a priest, pastor, rabbi, or some sort of specialist in home/spirit cleansing. These beings have disturbed your slumber long enough, I think. Just remember, you call the shots! Stand up for yourself and be not afraid. 😊
JaJaBinks (3 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-01-10)
I've had lots of experiences with the supernatural. I have had a sixth sense so to speak since I was a little girl (two or three). I have even been possessed and I've never seen or heard anything like this. To be honest it scared the hell out of me just to read it. You need help and who ever you get needs to be a professional and strong. Good luck. I will pray for you
Shelshock5 (1 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-07)
Dear Deidrej24,
Let me start off by saying I'm going to give you listing of 1-5 5 being dangerous/serious, to 1 being harmless and I will give a rating to each story.

Your first experience is 1 reason being most of the time shadow people can be extremely harmless, most of the time they are wondering spirits just passing by, that love to play pranks on the living. They are well known to sometimes may even be a guardian sent to check up on you.

Next up your second experience. I would give that a 3, reason being is that your experience with the shadow people (like I said before they CAN be harmless) but in this case it seemed to be a bit more demonic. Some wondering shadow people can also be demonic ones, such in your case it was pretty bad. After that experience I would of definatley done a cleanse with your local church for any chance that they could of lached onto you.

Your last experience, I would give it a 1. Again another shadow figure that could of been passing through such as your first experience, could of been completley harmless.

Now as to the fact you played with the Ouija board, that could of been a factor with the other two expericences youve had in your life, people think that a Ouija board is all fun in games, but what most people don't realize is that, it is actually a gate opener in a sense. Meaning that when used it opens a gate to the spiritual realm for spirits to wonder through, and possibly latch on. For you I would deffinatly reccomend on having a self cleansing session with your local church, just to be on the safe side to ward off any other spirits that may have lached onto you since then but have not reaveled themselves yet. If you have any questions feel free to message me I am a open book.:) I hope I was of great help.
infiltrating_sun (1 stories) (15 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2014-01-07)
I know my opinion isn't supported by a lot of people on this board, but unless you have experienced other horrifying activity around the time these men showed up I really doubt they are demons.

That being said they could be very bad spirits as well, but the hallmark in inhuman hauntings according to everything I have read is that these things actually being somewhat similar to the devil's military so to speak, like to wage a campaign of Rapid Dominance; it's what the press calls shock and awe. I really do believe you would have had more problems than cloaked figures and noises.

Does this mean you should stop worrying about these guys? Absolutely not. There is loads of lore about bad spirits being able to present themselves as they see fit and like demons they do thrive on fear and negative emotion. It is possible negative emotions in your household around the time you saw them lured them to you. Picking up on your religious views they presented themselves in a way they knew would freak you out.
Tresna (8 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-06)
:) Hello Deidre!

I know a lot of other people have commented already, and it probably seems pretty overwhelming to read all of it, especially since everyone seems to have a different opinion, but I just wanted to give you some hope and tell you that everything is going to be alright. I think I know what's going on, I have had to deal with this sort of thing before in my own life. I had some scary experiences, and I felt so powerless and scared for a while... But I got through it, and now I'm not a victim any longer!

By the sound of it, you hold a lot of fear within you. I'm not saying that to judge you, it's just an important factor with this sort of thing. These four men that you saw were demons. They were attracted by your fear. You see, demons need that fear energy that you're giving off in order to survive.

If you do not wish to experience demons any more, you must defeat your own fear. Once you do, you will not interest these people any longer.

Notice that I did say "people." I feel that it's important to make this clear: demons are not mysterious creatures from hell taking orders from satan, or however people like to think. Demons are spirits that were alive and human just like you, but because of their own unresolved emotions, they ended up as what we call demons. Essentially all that means is that they have some emotional issues and that they have to scare you to get your energy.

Please don't be frightened by their scary features- it is all just a ploy to increase your fear. The only power they have over you is that which you give them. If you eliminate the fear factor, they are absolutely powerless.

I hope that this information has eased your worries even a little bit. The more empowered you feel, the better. But I'll tell you something else I learned that helped me defeat my own fears and the demons behind them; angels are also real. You are a christian, so you may already know that. Angels are absolutely real and they are more than willing to come to your side and defend you any time you ask them. The angel I would call on would be Archangel Michael, he's often thought of as the leader of the angels, so he will definitely know what to do and what other angels to bring with him, if necessary.

The way you call on him is by closing your eyes, quieting your mind, and thinking or saying something such as, "Archangel Michael, please come to my side. Please guard me from these demons who scare me. Please drive them out of my presence." As you say this, feel as though you are literally saying this to him. Simply feeling his presence will bring him to you. You can ask him to stay by your side through the night and guard you, if you want; he is able to be in many places at once, so it won't be an inconvenience. Be sure to thank him for his help.:)

Demons cannot bear to be around angels- it is too painful for them; an angel's presence dissipates that fear energy that the demons feed off of, and it also burns at the demon's essence. So the demons will not stay if you keep angels around for any length of time.

I hope that this has helped you feel better, and that you know you don't have to deal with this alone. Ask for help and it will be yours.:)
nickr97 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-06)
I totally believe everything as I have woken up before to a shadow but I'm happy to say I'm absolutely sure it was my grandpa who at the time had passed away, he said some re assuring words to me that everything would be ok, but these shadows were clearly the opposite, nasty things, and a friend of mine has had similar problems especially as she is "sensitive" she said the best thing to do is not to worry if it hasn't happened since but if it happens again anytime soon contact a demonologist ASAP! Hope everything will be ok
CCTEMP (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-06)
Deidre,

Thank you for sharing with the YGS community! Those are very frightening happenings.

As a fellow believer in Jesus Christ I wanted to tell you I have had similar experiences with shadow people. They are some of the scariest experiences I have ever been through.

Always remember Jesus gave his disciples the authority to cast out demons in his name. The authority and power in the name of Jesus is supreme.

Please post updates if you can and feel comfortable! I know there are many people here supporting you!
MissSkeptical (3 stories) (17 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-06)
Hiya, I'm not very experienced with the paranormal as such but I am religious and this sounds like something to do with the devil in my opinion. Maybe you should get and exorcism or a priest to come in or something like that? I hope you don't have any other experiences like this again!
Jitow (362 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-01-06)
Diedre,

Please contact David Scott, Anne Pressley, Shelley Canuto or any team member at North American Demonic Paranormal in Raleigh. David is a Christian demonologist in Raleigh, NC. He is a great guy and cares a lot about getting answers for people. The other members of his team include his sister who is a demonologist in training as well as other founding members. The website says that their case load is booked but since you are not possessed or obsessed or have an infestation at your home, I am sure that David or one of his team members would be glad to identify what you experienced and what it most likely means. The type of experiences you have encountered were designed to fill people with fear and to make people obsess over what happened and cause them to chase after answers down rabbit hole after rabbit hole in order to take their focus off of God and place it on finding the answers from anywhere, wondering when it will happen again, why did it happen to you, what did it mean, etc... The real intent of these types of experiences is to perpetuate the search for answers by deception and lead the gifted person down more rabbit holes until that person is desperate for answers and willing to accept alternative methods to find them, such as consulting the dead/anything that God forbids or that can come between us and our relationship with God. They also know that you are gifted by God and they want to pervert the gift and try to get you to use it for selfish or sinful gain and never bless others or be blessed by that God-given gift. Again they are located in NC and the website is www.nademonicparanormal.com. They are extremely nice and caring folks and you cannot tell them anything that they have not experienced themselves. The website itself is very helpful and I know that any of the team would be glad to help you. Don't let it bother you another minute, call them and they can tell you what is going on and what to do about it.
Keep me posted. Jitow
infiltrating_sun (1 stories) (15 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-06)
Also a point I forgot to make. You see these things because you are what I have found in my research to be what is called "A Sensitive," This usually does start at early childhood, and some people apparently are more sensitive than others. This gift or curse depending on how you look at it allows people to see, feel the emotions of, and or communicate with the dead.

I had a friend who swore up and down to me that he would speak at length to the woman in his apartment. He was the only one living there and until my experience I just thought he was making it all up. From what I understand this is more common than you would think.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: