You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: This Blue Light Me And My Girlfriend Saw

Real Ghost Stories

This Blue Light Me And My Girlfriend Saw

 

I live in Maspeth, NY. We have plenty of cemeteries here including New Calvary. I live in a semi-basement home with the back windows being yard floor level (our room is the back room/only room). This house does have some ghost activity, but never anything major. Anyway I am hoping for someone to give me an answer or something on what has happened.

I was in the room with my girlfriend and before we shut off the lights, the lights went completely dim then back to normal. We shut the lights to go to sleep approximately 3:00 AM and then, as we were cuddled facing the window, we saw a big blue light. We heard an abrupt whistling sound and footsteps as well. The light was extremely bright and blinded us for a few seconds. It came from outside, but lit up our room as well. Also, a few minutes after the lights we saw two abrupt white lights. Can someone tell me what this could have been?

Nothing as I have seen could have been the cause. I checked around and saw nothing. I felt strange and I have felt a high anxiety and paranoid feeling when I saw this light. Now my girlfriend and I are awake, unable to sleep because of this.

We had demons in this house and we had plenty of ghost, but never have we had anything like this and we are currently left clueless and worried/scared.

To give a little detail about my area in case you are wondering, this house is fairly new built-in the 1970s situated in Maspeth, NY (Queens) surrounded by several cemeteries and hills. The neighborhood has a bit of history. I moved into this house approximately five years ago.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, PsychicMeadows, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-14)
Truck, that's brilliant. I had a transformer blow outside my apartment when I was in college. Scared the crap out of me and was blinding.
TRUCK (25 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-14)
One posibility is a transformer either on your street or a nearby street exploding. When this happens they throw off blue and white sparks and arc in the same colors. They can make explosion sounds or loud poping noises. This would also explain the lights dimming that you caim. And if its dark out you can see one going off for a long way away.
Argette (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-10)
I have had blue lights in my bedroom twice at night. One was about two years ago, the other about 8 years ago. The second-floor bedroom has one window, which faces north into a thicket of cedar trees.

One of my former coworkers had the same experience. And it was in her bedroom. So I cannot solve your mystery, but it seems a common occurrence.

Thanks for posting.
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-10)
Hello:
Naturally, I always rule out scientific explanations.
This sounds to me like spirit activity, especially since the lights were accompanied by entity-type (human or otherwise) sounds. Many other cultures believe them to be ancestors, fairies, etc.
I am assuming that you know the difference between spirit and demonic activity since you mentioned you previously had the latter.
Perhaps you have guardians protecting you that wished their presence known? Guardian angels, ancestors, or whatever your particular faith permits.
Blessings
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-10)
I'm in agreement with Spiritwaiting, and I believe the high anxiety is because you have experienced something that you can not explain.

It might seem a daft question, but what was the weather like that evening?
AzraelX (8 stories) (115 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-10)
I had seen such a light, in fact a ball of light rise up from a plantation near my mom's ancestral house in India. I tried to hit it with a stick too. I have posted the experience in here.

Many have given opinion that it could be ball of methane rising out of the ground, originating from decaying organic matter.

Since there are lot of cemeteries around your house, perhaps the origin of this light you saw could be of a similar nature.
mrfknbee (39 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-03-09)
It sounds like another absolute mystery nobody could have the definite answer for but there are thousands of people like yourself who have experienced weird lights and they must have had some wattage to completely illuminate your room. I always find it stunning that's hundreds of people go missing from different countries each year and never seen again. Also though could it have been pedal bike lights and the person riding had reflective clothes
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-09)
Ok you say you have had demons and plenty of ghosts. How where you able to rid them of your home? The reason I ask, you may not have actually been successful in doing so. Did the blue and then also white light have any sort of shape to them? It may have been headlights from a car or a flashlight from a passerby. The anxiety, could have been shock or fear. Have you asked any other residents about possible hauntings theyve experienced?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: