You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Uncle's Visit

Real Ghost Stories

My Uncle's Visit

 

My family used to say that I have a gift since I was born. They always see me chuckle and babble like I was playing with someone when I was still a baby. Anyways, this story happened when I was 10 years old.

It was my grandfather's wake that time (he was ambushed, 13 gunshots --- it was published in a local newspaper). The 3 day wake was held at my grandparents house in Quezon province. It was a two storey house, the 2nd floor used to be a karate gym where my grandfather used to teach karate. It has big mirror opposite to the door. The elderly believes that all the mirrors in the house/funeral house should be covered during someone's wake (I'm not sure about the reason why).

Since our parents were too busy with the people downstairs, my cousins, siblings and I went upstairs to play in the karate gym. We found out that the big mirror there wasn't covered so we played in front of the mirror looking at our reflections. While we were making faces in front of the big mirror, I saw a familiar face on the reflection, standing near the door. I stared at the reflection and found out that it was my uncle who was murdered 3 months before my grandfather was ambushed. (He was found on a river quite far from my grandparents house, his right wrist was slashed and almost amputated -- his left arm is injured that time and can't even pick up a fork.) I saw the reflection of my very pale uncle wearing a black slacks, barong and white shirt underneath.

I ignored it thinking that maybe it was just my imagination. I continued playing with my cousins and I didn't tell them what I saw. Few moments after, I glanced at the the ladder leading to the rooftop and I saw my uncle again. This time, he's getting closer and his right hand is extended in front just like asking for alms. This time, I screamed and ran downstairs. I left my cousins puzzled about my reaction.

I was really scared and I told my mom about it while my grandma was listening. They told me that maybe I was just imagining things but when I told them about how my uncle look like and what he's wearing, they couldn't believe it. I accurately described how my uncle look like during his wake. It was impossible for me to describe it exactly because I wasn't able to attend my uncle's wake. I didn't see him on his last days on earth. My grandma took out his pic when he was in his coffin and he really looked exactly the same when I saw him at the gym.

Maybe he was just there to pay us a visit...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Marrabells, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

inan0511 (11 posts)
-4
10 years ago (2014-03-11)
what you was not really your uncle but a demon... He wants to fool your family
Drowning_Sadness (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-10)
Many cultures believe that mirrors are windows into the spirit realm. Since it was at a wake your family probably covered all the mirrors so that your grandfather moved on quickly & peacefully. Just a thought.

& I agree with spiritwaiting that your uncle knew you have a gift so he made himself known to you since he knew you would let your family know. He might have just wanted you all to know he was there to meet up with your grandfather.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-09)
Marrabells, Your defnitely welcome and thank you for commenting back.
Marrabells (1 stories) (3 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-03-09)
I think so and I guess he misses us. He's the youngest bother of my mom, he like a big baby boh to them. Anyway, thank you for reading [at] spiritwaiting.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-09)
Marrabells, I think your uncle came to visit, just passing through. You may have seen him because you do have a gift and he knew that, so he came to you knowing you would tell the family.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: