You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Flying Unidentified Figure

Real Ghost Stories

Flying Unidentified Figure

 

Hey Guys, this is a story that involves me and a buddy, and for obvious reasons I will not give out real names during the telling of the story.

We were hanging out one day in good ole North Carolina for quite a while. Most of the time if I am in NC I am hanging out with him. Well anyway, on to the story because I know that is what you guys are waiting for. I will apologize ahead of time as I may not be the best story writer on the face of the planet, so please bear with me.

Well onwards, my friends, into an event that happened to me and a buddy, and please provide any input as me and him are not sure what exactly happened or what it could have been. Any input will be very appreciated.

This happened about five years ago in 2009. We were hanging out together practically all day and it was now about 2 in the morning the following day. Probably about halfway to 3 am. We had decided it was time to go back home and prepare to crash and get some sleep and figure out what we were going to do the following morning. Not having jobs at the time, we usually just went and found the most random stuff to do without having to spend any money. And that usually ran us into late nights, which is why we were still in town at about halfway to three in the morning.

We started walking home and about 20 minutes later we had arrived at the driveway to the house. As we were walking up, we had no strange feelings at all and no warning as to what we were about to experience. As we were approaching the house on the driveway we had this weird apparition float across the driveway in front of us. It was a really dark black and we couldn't make out any features.

The stranger part is it wasn't a float like you would think. It wasn't like someone was walking across the road with no legs or anything like that. It was like it was flying. Like the head of the creature was in front and the rest of the figure was following the head.

Now, before anyone tries to claim it was a bird or anything, this thing was bigger than any bird I know of and it was perfectly silent. There was no sounds of wings flapping. No breathing sounds, no nothing. It just floated in front of us with the head weaving up and down and the body following before disappearing a few seconds later. Mostly we knew this because the yard was open in the direction that it went and we were able to see it pass in front of us and no longer be visible in the direction it kept going.

Now the only reason why I mention where its head was is because I was making the assumption on that based off the body movement. Also, to knock down any 'oh you were tired and seeing things' we had slept in until about 7 pm that day so we were only up for about 7 hours by that time.

After I had seen it, I looked at my friend and said, "James, [name changed] did you see what I just saw?" and I did not want to hear what he said which was, "You talking about that flying black thing? Whatever the hell that was?" Now note that isn't exactly what was said as I couldn't remember exact words, but that is along the lines of what was discussed between us.

Now this thing was dark enough to where we saw it in the area where we were without any lights lighting that area up and it disappeared before it hit a light. Also, I don't believe it was a shadow because it was floating in front of us. Not appearing on the ground.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Peace

CuriousGuy

Other hauntings by CuriousGuy

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CuriousGuy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

CuriousGuy (2 stories) (47 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-28)
Unfortunatly all the research I do have been hitting dead ends. And no it hasnt happened again

Peace
CuriousGuy
JoQuack (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-24)
Everyone gets busy. ^_^

Considering there was no overwhelming terror and you ended up more curious than anything it doesn't seem at all dangerous, have you researched the land or possibly anything to do with the construction of the home? Other than that... No clue.

Did it ever happen to you again?
CuriousGuy (2 stories) (47 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-23)
My apologizes for not getting back sooner, work has been kind of crazy.

[at] mrfknbee - it just moved in front of us and kept moving along its path. The lowest part of it was about waist high for me (Im 6ft 3in tall) and the highest part was about an inch or two over my head.

[at] spiritwaiting - it didn't seem to recognize that me or my friend was there at all.

[at] RedWolf - It wasn't to big. Like it was as long as the armspan of an average adult male, it wasn't to tall, and most of its size was in length more then anything else. It was probably (from what I can remember, a lil thicker then an anaconda). Main reason we didn't get pics was because the phones we had were cheap lil prepaid phones that didn't come with cameras. Also, there wasn't really any smell that I could remember, and it was around late June, early July

[at] Griff84 - The house was relatively new, and it had only minor rework done to the ground. Like enough to put the basement in, some work done for driveways, and everything else was left the way it was.

[at] JoQuack - we had a brief sense of fear when we saw it at first and then it became more curiosity and then we were just intrigued afterwards over what it could have been.
JoQuack (8 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-13)
I've a question, if you don't mind CuriousGuy. You mentioned there was no feeling before the apparition, but did you get any feeling during-like did it feel hostile, curious or did it have a calming effect, or possibly you didn't get any sense other than 'what the heck is this thing'?
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-03-13)
Hi CuriousGuy, Was the house you were staying at old at all? The first thing that came into my head was that there could have been a slight hill there before the house was built, and whatever you saw could have been residual from then, making it look as if it was floating to you. The hill could have been cleared for the building work maybe. I know this is perhaps a little far fetched, but I see no reason why it couldn't be a possibility.

Its an interesting read, thanks.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-03-13)
CuriousGuy
You don't say how big (lxwxh) this thing was, what time of year was it did it have a smell to it? Why didn't one of you pull out a cell phone and take a picture rather than rely on your memory from five years ago? Please let us know some more information so we can figure out what the heck it was
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-12)
curious guy, this seems to be a passing by spirit. Maybe a residual that has somehow imprinted on the land around the home. Did it seem to be disturbed by your presence?
mrfknbee (39 posts)
-2
10 years ago (2014-03-12)
Was it hovering around you and your mate or flying off in a certain direction or like barely above the ground. Thanks
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-12)
Hello. Considering the name of your story, I first thought that I was going to read something about aliens. Nevertheless, well yeah I don't have any rational explanation to your experience either. The best I can think of is it can be some kind of smoke or a spirit, if paranormal. Good read anyway. Thanks.
-Shady.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: