You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Toy Room

Real Ghost Stories

Toy Room

 

My family and I use to live in a two story house. The whole neighborhood, full of new homes, use to be acres and acres of peach orchards. Who would have thought that a new home can have someone or something going about the their house? One would think only old homes have these paranormal activities. Wrong.

We were starting our new life in a new house. Our new home consisted of six bedrooms: three upstairs and three downstairs. Everyone slept upstairs with the exception of my oldest son. He wanted to sleep downstairs because he did not like going up and down for things. The second downstairs room was for all their toys and books. The last room was mainly for storage.

We were a family of five at the time. My wife had just barely became a nurse and was working horrible hours, like all new nurses, which left me alone with our kids at night most of the time. On school nights, I would have the older two go to sleep after 8:30 and try to put my youngest to sleep as soon as possible. Once all three were asleep, it would mean unwind time for me after a long day's work.

Sometimes watching TV at night, while the kids are asleep, I would see a figure standing near the breezeway at the corner of my blind spot. I never thought nothing of it, but the fact that it disappears once I turn my head to visualize a clearer view would send chills up my spine. I always told myself that it was just my imagination. I figured I would keep it to myself and not frighten my wife with these incidents.

There would be some nights where my daughter would come into my bedroom in a trembling voice asking if she could sleep with her little brother and I. I would ask her why and these were her exact words, "I keep on hearing someone walking outside my bedroom. Then it came inside my bedroom and was walking in there." As she said it, she demonstrated by shifting feet along the carpet where I could hear what she meant. I told her it was nothing to scared of even though I was frightened.

On another random night, my wife had the night off. After our late dinner, she sent both the older kids to bed and was feeding our youngest. I was on the couch watching television when she suddenly yelled, "James, I thought I told you to go to sleep!"

She paused for a bit then got up from her chair and went towards the game room then the bathroom. She came back with a puzzled face. I asked her what was wrong. She replied, "I could have sworn I saw James going to the game room. He went in and I thought he was playing with his toys instead of going to bed. He's not in the game room. He's asleep in his room."

On another occasion, my mother-in-law came to visit us during Christmas. Knowing her, she gets up quite early. As we were having breakfast she started talking about her early morning encounter. She thought it was weird and made her hair follicles stood. My wife asked what happened. My mother-in-law explained that she had gotten up early to fix some breakfast when she noticed someone going into the game room. She claimed that she thought it was our daughter. She was questioned why our daughter would get up at such an early hour. She explained that she went in to ask our daughter why but there was no one in the room. Everyone was still asleep.

Til this day, I still get goosebumps when I tell about these incidents. Although, I have come to terms that these incidents were and is a blessing. Not everyone will believe it unless it has happened to them. I feel that this spirit might have been a kid at one point. We all learned how to live with it. We took my Dad's advice: if it's not causing you harm, live with it in harmony.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SkitZoe, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-19)
Hi SkitZoe, Welcome to YGS!

I assume you are still living in this house? Are you still experiencing these events? It does sound like the entity you are seeing is of child's size, especially with it being mistaken for one of your children more than once. I think your dads advise is sound, I would just advise you air on the side of caution, I'm sure you will live happily in harmony, but you never know, to quote the old cliché, 'better safe than sorry' especially when children are involved.

I enjoyed reading your experiences, thanks 😊
mrfknbee (39 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-18)
Brilliant story you both seem great parents.
Have you had any recent events happen.
SilverWolf77 (1 stories) (41 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-18)
That's a good idea. I think most spirits are affable. They just don't want to be forgotten.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: