You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Night Stalker

Real Ghost Stories

Night Stalker

 

It started when I was about seven years old. It was around midnight and I was thirsty so I decided to go downstairs and get a class of water. I had just fixing to go down the stair when a hand shot out of the darkness and grabbed me by the throat. I stood there with this hand clasped tightly around my throat for what seemed like ages. Finally the hand let go and I ran right back to my bedroom and got under the covers and pulled them over my head.

The next day I told my parents about what happened and they said that I was just imagining things and shouldn't watch scary movies before I go to bed. That same night I told my parents about what happened I was being punched and prodded by the thing that had grabbed me. The next day my mother saw the bruises I got and asked my brother had he been hitting me. He said no and told her he had been seeing strange lights in front of my bedroom and would hear my name being called out at night when he went to use the bathroom.

The next day while my brother and I were playing outside in the woods we saw a row of five or six tombstones. We ran to the house and showed our parents. They believed us after that and we moved out of the house three months later.

To this day I think the ghost has followed me because I still wake up with strange bruises and her my name being called out in the night.

The email address that was submitted with this story was invalid and we could not reach the author. If you are the author, please write us back so we can correct this information.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, virginia, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Beanybaby09 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-21)
Martin- I just clicked on your link and is preety much the same as this one, it says about being thirsty and goin down stairs to the kitchen. Being choked and moving out at the end.
Weird!
ghostreasercher0100 (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-11)
well, even though its hard to belive, I believe her (or him). That happened to me once, and the next morning I had bruieses up and down my arms. And what martin said that story could have been similar because it could have happened to that person, too. Virginia, I believe you.
❤,
ghostreasercher 😊
Nightgoddess (14 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-16)
I totally understand the brusies. I get them all up and down my arms and legs. I have no way of explaining them either. Let me know if you need to chat.
Nightgoddess
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-22)
Dear Virgina,

I agree with Annie, it is quite suspect when you have not been respectfully considerate enough to provide a valid e-mail address with your story. All people commenting must sign in and provide a valid e-mail address. It would be fair across the board and considerate if authors like yourself would respectfully do the same. Besides, it is possible for people to have many e-mail accounts and sign up many times under different names, so privacy, security, and anonymity should not be a problem for you. The only one who would probably know your IP address anyway would be our web wizard, Martin who sees all the comings and goings on his sites.

Personally, I don't know why somebody would sign up on this site several times under different names, but to each their own. I have but one required, valid e-mail address, I might add, unused too, that I obtained it to sign up for this site with my one and only name. I wish others would just have the integrity and honesty to do the same. I only wish from others the best that I know they are capable of, as you are too.

With that said, I will respond to your story as follows:

You may wish to find a demonologist, as this entity sounds like an evil bugger who is abusive and rough. Perhaps, you may be adding to the mix too with your own emotional energies and imaginations. You may also be having some fitful sleep and without realizing it bumping into things while your sleeping and maybe even while you are awake that may be causing bruising. I know I have bruises on me that I can't recall where they came from. Don't automatically assume from the get go that everything going on is caused by a ghost, entity or paranormal events. You may also have physical health problems or if you take medications all such things may be the cause of bruising.

I have lived near cemeteries and funeral homes, sometimes while also living in a haunted dwelling, but I don't recall being beat up. This doesn't mean it does not happen, but one would think it would have happened once in all these years. Mostly living human beings probably would like to beat me up or ring my neck. ;)

I will not hold my ghostly breath too long for your response, judgmental or not. So ring my neck and bruise my ego, would not be the first time. Ha,Ha! Fair across the board.--Abby
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-20)
I agree with you guys. Thaks Martin for having a good eye. I am kind of new here and I would notice anything wierd. But I did like the story. I don't want to judge on anything so let's wait for Virginia to write us back. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-19)
Well I am not going to pass judgement on this person just yet. They may deceide to fix thing, but I doubt it. The story is a little fishy, but then again I am sure some would say the same of mine. But this one does have a way of reaching out and grabing your skeptical side doesn't it. 🤔

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Annie (202 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-19)
Thanks for the reply, Martin. It's nice to know that you're monitoring things. I just have the "feeling" on what's real, and what's false. This one, I'm sorry to say, I think is false.
Martin (602 posts) mod
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-19)
Annie, I receive the story whether the email is valid or not, but when I check it out and it's invalid, I may chose to reject it if, in addition, the story is also suspicious. There is no hard rule, but I'll say this one barely passed the test 😉
Annie (202 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-19)
I have my doubts on this one. BIG doubts. A valid email address would be nice.

Martin, how DO these stories get through without a valid email address? Just wondering. 😁
Martin (602 posts) mod
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-19)
Just to inform you guys, the story came from the same "invalid" email address as this one, it's very similar:

http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=1818

I just wished the author would actually provide a valid email address this time!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: