You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Small Green Man Inside Classroom

Real Ghost Stories

Small Green Man Inside Classroom

 

I was born in Port Elizabeth and lived with my mom and siblings in Holland Park until the age of 8. We were all enrolled in the local primary school around the corner from our house. The school had those temporary classrooms back in 1989 when I was in Grade 1.

One evening after a function at the school, I walked past one of the temp classrooms with 2 friends. We heard a strange noise coming from the room, sounding almost like a chair being scraped across the floor.

Looking in through the window, I distinctly remember seeing a very small green man, looking almost like a toddler with very long arms jumping to and fro on the tables, scraping his nails on the floor as he went. I felt cold all over and simply turned and ran, with my friends following behind me.

I am now almost 37 years old and still remember this clearly. I have no idea what it could have been though. If there is a logical explanation, I cannot think of what it might be. I've been thinking lately that it may have been some kind of tokoloshe creature or something along those lines, but what it would be doing in a school classroom is beyond me.

I have had other mildly frightening experiences such as hearing the back door to our house opening while I was in another room. When I went to look, the door was locked. Other than these experiences I have not had any contact with anything supernatural whatsoever.

Any comments or insights on the little green man would be appreciated, if only to try and solve the mystery once and for all.

Other hauntings by Estelle

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Estelle, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DarriuxDarkk (6 stories) (79 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2019-10-27)
I seconded the comments here, can you describe more about this green man?

The reason I asked is because it sounds like you might have witnessed a Duwende. They usually have certain colors but mosly popularly seen are either white, black, or even red.

They are very small manifestations or beings (not human or ghosts). They are quite mischievous they say, some friendly and some not so much. They can either give you good fortunes or curse you.

Their colors are mostly associated with garments but most says it's their skin.

I'm no expert on this things but I grew up in a very superstitious and catholic home. Most of the time, the elders are the one telling is this supernatural creatures probably to scare us kids that time.

It is quite odd to see that green man but it can be an entirely different creature. Hope more people can definitely answer what they are for you. God bless.
terranigma (9 stories) (71 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-10-25)
That would have freaked me out. Do you remember any more details like was it wearing clothes and did it look yo ung or old?
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-10-15)
This creature fits the description of many of the sightings around the world of Gnomes, Brownies, Minihunes, and other similar creatures. They seem to be a type of earth elemental that is seen only rarely by others. They can be both helpful and hurtful. I think it best to remain a respectful distance from them.
Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-10-14)
WOW! 😨 Did your friends see it too and do you still keep in contact with them? I can't imagine seeing something like that at school, or any place for that matter. I once read a story where this woman was outside of her apartment when she saw something "not of this world" climb out of a dumpster. She quickly went inside locking the door. They say the veil between worlds is lifting... Some scary stuff. Thank you for sharing your story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: