You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Weird Things Happening In My Bedroom

Real Ghost Stories

Weird Things Happening In My Bedroom

 

My story does include a dream however this is not what I am particularly here for but it was involved in my experience. Next to where I sleep I have a bedside table which has pictures of passed relatives and a small sculpture from my grandparents house which I was given when they passed. Next to these things is a touch sensor lamp. Often, this lamp turns on by itself and it is usually at coincidental times such as Christmas etc.

The other day I was having a terrible dream about my family having issues and what I could do to prevent this from happening, and when I woke up I felt as if someone was in my room. I lay frozen in my bed for about 30 seconds and then my bedside lamp turned on. I felt as if I was being warned, so I tried to take action that day to counter it and I feel like I avoided the situation I dreamt about.

What I really want to know is, is it someone trying to contact me or guide me? Is it my spirit guide? What could I do to get in contact with whoever is trying to contact me? Is this all just a crazy coincidence? How could I get in contact with the other side? I have grown an interest in the paranormal recently and I really am not sure if I should look into trying to contact the other side or if I should just allow the experiences to happen.

Thanks

P.S: Sometimes I feel as if I am being watched, and when I felt a presence in my room I'm not sure if it was just my ego kicking in, but it didn't feel familiar (like a passed relative) although I could be wrong.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mdib96, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-01)
Well, Swims, one day a year the site is invaded by clowns. Purple pants, giant shoes, big red noses and all. Its a crazy day. But awesome.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-01)
This is not what I posted. Someone is having a wonderful time with our site.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-01)
Total agreement with all. And so glad to know it's not a demon. 😊 What is meant in this context by a "clown"? Thanks much.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-01)
mdib96, This could very well be a relative just dropping in to say hi. When you say the lamp turns on, is it only during holidays and special occasions? Or does it come on periodically by itself? Because I agree with BadJuuJuu. It could very well be a the sensor going out. I used to have two one on each side of the couch, and one would always adjust itself. Meaning the lighting would go up and down and finally stop.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-01)
Lmao! Rook, if only I had a nickel for every time I've accidentally given someone a negative because of clumsy fingers and a tiny phone screen... 😆 😆 😆
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-01)
BJJ,

My apologies my iPad mini thought it would be a good April fool to give you a minus 1 when I clearly pressed the positive karma arrow... Or is that part of the April Fool as well?

Any I agree with what you have suggested, everything natural needs to be ruled out before the paranormal can be considered.

Respectfully,

Rook
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-01)
To be completely honest, it sounds like a coincidence. The sensor in the lamp could be damaged, there could be a short in the wire. There are several non-paranormal possibilities for why the lamp is turning on. I would probably replace the lamp if this were happening to me.
I, personally, do not think its ever a good idea to deliberately try to contact spirits. If they have a message, they always find a way to get that message across. If something is indeed trying to contact you, just be open to the message. Don't seek contact.
High EMF (electromagnetic field) can cause feelings of being watched. This tends to happen around bad wiring, fuse boxes, things that conduct electricity. Some people are much more sensitive to EMF than others. If your lamp is malfunctioning, it could be emitting enough EMF for you to notice. Another reason to give serious consideration to replacing it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: