You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Boy Alex Might Not Be So Harmless

Real Ghost Stories

My Boy Alex Might Not Be So Harmless

 

Alright so please bear with me, I'm not the best writer on the planet and my story is a little confusing to try to explain. I'll give a little insight about myself in hopes that, maybe, that will help. I am a 20yr old female who has always had the ability to see, hear and occasionally speak to the "supernatural" side of the world. As so does most of my father's side of the family.

Let me start off with explaining the title. My little boy Alex was my not so imaginary friend when I was a child. How he was given the name Alex, to me, is a mystery since I was so young when I started calling him that (I was about 2 or 3). So he possibly could of told me himself, or I could of came up with it as a nickname he responds too.

Well, Alex is a little boy about 5yrs old. He never really says much but I do see him from time to time (even through all the times I've moved he seems to follow me.) It's never anything drastic, and I can always tell when "the bumps in the night" or the flickering lights are him, simply because I'm not scared. I usually just acknowledge that I hear him and everything goes back to normal.

Well as I said I move, a lot, especially since 2011. I've probably moved about 5/6 times since then. My grandmother, grandfather, father, and my uncle all moved into a new house with me back in 2001, and that's when things started getting scary. To this day my family refuses to believe there is an evil entity in that house, but I am 110% positive there is! And this is where I start to lose people and the story becomes confusing.

I had a tough childhood, especially when I turned 13. I realized my dad was abusive, and I resorted to to drugs until I was 15/16 to be happy. Alex wouldn't ever, and still to this day will not, come into my room at that house. At first I thought maybe the drugs were screwing with my head, but I've been sober for 4, almost 5yrs now and the following events still happen.

Whenever I stay at the house to visit my grandma, I try to avoid staying the night at that house because I am deathly scared of what happens. Every single night that I sleep in my room there one of two things happen. I either fall asleep and wake up as if I'm having sleep paralysis (which I do not have, I've been tested). I can't move and I feel like something is sitting on my chest, then everything turns for the worst. I see my room catch on fire and I feel as if someone, or something, is in my room. I get an overwhelming feeling that I'm being hunted. Then I manage to break free from the paralysis stage of the experience, and I'm able to see myself crawling through the flames in my room down the hall into my grandmother's room. She's always sleeping and I cry out as loud as I can but she never hears me.

There was ONE time where my grandfather heard me and I told him that there was something in my room trying to kill me and once he got to my room everything was normal in his eyes, but I could still see my room on fire. Then I wake up, for real, and I'm no longer in my room, but I'm in the living room, and Alex is present, I can't see him but I can feel his specific energy. So that's what happens when I do fall asleep in that room.

But there are times where I attempt to fall asleep in that room, but I simply can't. I try to fall asleep but I lay there for an ungiven amount of time until anywhere between midnight and 3am roll around, then I simply get out of bed and I feel as if something has taken over my body and I stare out the window and talk to the sky about killing myself and others. Then at any given time my body feels as if it's been released from being taken over and I think to myself, "wtf did I just say? I don't want to kill myself, or anyone else for the matter." Then I usually just go to the living room to sleep on the couch.

Now PLEASE don't bring up any medical or mental issues, I have a normal working mind! I've gone through many tests and I am happily perusing into my second year in the U.S. Army! Also, I don't believe that any of the evil feelings or experiences relate to Alex because he has NEVER, NOT EVEN ONCE been inside that room, and he also follows me from house to house I live in, and the evil experiences only happen in that room and ONLY that room.

Please any insight on this would be wonderful and I'll keep my mind open to anything except mental health/medical issues because I already have ruled that out with doctors.

Thank you for reading and sorry it was so long!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, calicounter, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-04-27)
calicounter - okay, now I understand better, I think. It's kind of like assuming someone, maybe a close friend, has been truthful with you and then you find out later they have lied to you about everything. You don't want to find out that Alex is that kind of "person" even though you feel he is completely harmless, you have to have that little bit of doubt... Just in case. Self-preservation in a way. If I'm still not getting it, I apologize LOL
CuriousGuy (2 stories) (47 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-27)
Calicounter - Alright. I was just making sure there wasn't a wrong interpretation of sleep paralysis was all, so I apologize if it sounded like I was accusing or anything like that.

Purposely falling into sleep paralysis is one way of going into lucid dreaming, however its when you can manage to control the hallucinations in a sense to start making a dream, but it can also be used as a gateway to astral projection and having out of body experiences.

You still experience sleep paralysis at all or has it gone away? And one suggestion I would make (and you can use it how you wish) is maybe try and change how you sleep. Like not sleep periods or anything but maybe sleep on your stomach or something because sleep paralysis is more common when one is sleeping on their back.

Peace
CuriousGuy
calicounter (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-26)
Hey guys sorry for taking so long to get back to everyone, I've just been super busy. I know you can't specifically be tested for sleep paralysis I should of worded that better. I've had my sleeping habits monitored and brain functions (over the course if one and a half years) were nothing would prevail anything unusual in my sleep habits, literally the only time I have any "trouble" is in that room.

As for what Maricles asked, I don't know I just feel like it possibly could be him, and he shows himself to me as a sweet innocent little boy, but it's all a sick joke. I honestly I don't know I just thought the two might be related.

Curious guy I am very aware of sleep paralysis I've done a lot of research on my own, and talked to my doctors that were conducting the sleep monitoring tests for me. When you purposely fall into sleep paralysis it's referred to lucid dreaming I believe, but no. I'm defienetly not doing this to myself. And as I stated before, it literally only happens at that house. I've gone a year without it happening because I moved away, came back to that house for a few days and boom, the terrors begin again.

As for swimsinfire, like I stated above I explained that totally wrong, now are you questioning my time in service? Do I need to show you a copy of my DD214
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2014-04-18)
Please don't be offended, but you said you know you didn't have sleep pralysis because you've been tested. Well that plainly was not true, so now I ask, what about the "I've gone through many tests," bit? Or the army bit? Or well... You see? Just saying that begs a question, with respect.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-17)
[at] Curious guy, Great way of explaining that, and great point.
CuriousGuy (2 stories) (47 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-17)
Just a little bit on the sleep paralysis part... From what I researched its not something that can be tested to see if you have or don't have it... People can even induce sleep paralysis on themselves if they want to (a few people that I talked to/watched videos on have used it as a link to helping with astral projection and lucid dreaming).

When sleep paralysis happens things that is on your mind (like something that was happening in a dream like rookdygin was talking about, etc.) can manifest in the form of a hallucination in a sense. What I was trying to get to is if you have an instance where you are dealing with sleep paralysis if you can calm yourself down instead of getting scared and recognize it as sleep paralysis it can sometimes change what your seeing.

For example one guy is comfortable with it, and when it happens he sees friends popping up and chillin in the room like they do after work, where if one person is really scared of it they may see the girl from the ring movies slowly climbing onto their bed and climbing over them.

If you get the sense of not being able to move and like something is sitting on your chest or anything like that you can try a method I have heard about. If you change your breathing (being that the diaphragm and eyes are the two things we maintain control of) to irregular and rapid breathing it should help bring you out of it because it has something to do with signaling the brain to snap you out of it.

Peace
CuriousGuy
wolfavera (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-16)
It sounds like a malevolent spirit in that room, it may be trying to show you something that terrifies you if you are afraid of fire or it may have died in a fire or may be a suicide or murder victim. That seems to be the case with those types of hauntings. It's best if you avoid that room.
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-16)
Sleep paralysis happens when your head wakes up but your body is slow to follow... It used to happen to me, but doesn't happen anymore... But it is very frightening... And that's all I have to say about that...
Spiritgirl1998 (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-16)
Hey, I hav the same gift you do. I too have a little boy with me, and he follows me around too. I have had nearly the same thing happen to me. The best thing to do and tell that spirit that is causing you to see those things is to tell it that you understand its pain, and hat you understand that they're not happy. That fire dream; to me its that spirit teling you how they died. With Alex not coming into the room. A spirit can put up baracads to stop other spirits that they think might try to hurt them.
Just talk to them, it does help. The spirit that kept sending me dreams like yours (except a different scence and setting; and there was not fire), I talked to them and now they don't scare me anymore. They just wanted to know that someone was there and would acknowledge them and could talk to them.
Just do that and things just might lighten up. It would also help to talk about Alex to them. This way they get to know Alex and talk to Alex about them.
If they both accept what your saying about them. Try and call the spirit into to somewhere both them and Alex feel comfortable.

You might find that they could get along and they both might make things go bump in the night together.

Keep me posted on how things go. Would love to know how things worked out for Alex as well. Just remember Alex is a spirit of a child and they love it when they get scknowledged.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-04-15)
calicounter, Very interesting story. The getting up and talking to yourself about killing yourself and others could be residual. Energy playing inside of you. Because you can talk, hear and sense spirits, your somewhat sensitive to residual energy as well. Well that's what it seems like to me. Now when you wake up to see your room on fire, and you crawl to your grandmothers room, it could be a spirit showing you what they had gone through, or how they passed away. My recommendation is to look up the history, and check out any past fires,suicides,or murder that could have taken place in or around the home. And also I second Rook, try a cleansing of the home.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
10 years ago (2014-04-15)
calicounter - I'm still confused about the title of your story. I understand about Alex, but I don't understand why you think he might not be harmless. You obviously have serious issues with that one room at your grandmother's and you said Alex has never once gone in there. You said the evil is only in that room. Even though you have moved many times, you've never felt evil anywhere else and Alex has moved with you. So why do you think Alex may not be harmless? I'm just confused 😕 Not doubting your story at all, just trying to figure out whether you think Alex has something to do with it or if it was just poor judgement in the title.

Thank you for sharing this with us in any case.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+4
10 years ago (2014-04-15)
Ummmm...point of order. Sleep Paralysis is something that just happens... As far as I know and understand it's not something that can be tested for. S/P is a state that happens when we wake up suddenly... And our eyes are open but the chemical that keeps us from 'acting out' our dreams is still holding our bodies still thus causing a feeling of being pinned down, sometimes in this state we 'see/hear/feel' things that are basically carry overs from any dream we may have been having...

A good question for me to ask now is this... Do you (or anybody that has ever experienced S/P) remember what they were dreaming just before it happened? This may be a way to help determine if it was indeed a 'carry over' from a dream.

The waking and staring out the window may be... May be stress related, I do not know what you have done, nor where you have been stationed during your two years in the Army... Or what 'stressors' you may have experienced prior to joining the service (by the way, Thank you... From a retired Squid to you, Ground pounder... 😲 😊).

You seem convinced that there is 'something' going on... Will your Family allow you to do a cleansing? I have one posted on my profile...it's generic. So you can insert the theology or beliefs of you choice into it. It may at least bring you some peace of mind.

Please keep us posted.

Respectfully,

Rook
Tracie1975 (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-15)
Best of luck to you, and thank you for serving. I love your story and think it may be best if you just stay away from that room. I also think it is great that you have already had yourself checked out medically to rule out any thing. Thank you for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: