You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: Red Chunni

Real Ghost Stories

Red Chunni

 

This is my first and only story about ghosts. Let me give you my brief introduction. I am born and bought up in Aurangabad, by the grace of god, ours is a big family including 9 buas (father's sisters) and their families.

This happened before 1970, years before I was born. One of my buas, let's call her Lucy, was married in Punjab. Her in-laws were middle class people. Once she was drying clothes on her terrace and she found a beautiful and brand new red color chunni (scarf for your understanding, the one we Indian females use to cover our head out of respect for elders of the family).

She kept it for herself, thinking it has come flying from someone's terrace (in those days people use to hand wash their clothes and put them on ropes on terrace for drying. If you are from India or if you ever go to India, then you will see clothes drying on terrace even today). Anyways...

Things were fine while the chunni was new but as soon as it started fading out, things went bad to worse. Like my buaji suddenly became very aggressive, rude and powerful and she started using abusing language in front of elders of the family. She started travelling to different cities on her own without informing anybody at home.

In the beginning everybody ignored her suddenly changed behavior, thinking she will be fine again but things got worse. Once it was wedding of my younger buaa, and Lucy was also invited along with her in-laws for the wedding.

In Indian weddings (especially in our caste, Punjabis) the groom comes along with a big crowd of all friends and relatives along with orchestra. They all come dancing and singing to take away the bride along with them to groom's house. Everything was fine, but as soon as Baraat (groom's side people and orchestra) came, something happened to Lucy. She started acting weird, she started abusing everybody, throwing all wedding stuff here and there. She became so powerful that she literally lifted a heavy wooden cord and threw it away. My grandfather and father, who were strong and 6 feet plus tall men, were unable to control her. Somehow they locked her in one room (but she broke the heavy wooden cum metallic door within an hour time). Other family members called some fakir (holy man)...fakir did something and calmed her down.

Later on, after wedding, that fakir was called again and asked to help us getting rid of this Lucy's problem forever. He informed my family that somewhere a newly wedded bride died (in India, if a newly wedded bride dies, her dead body is make up just like a newly wedded bride, with all the make ups, jewelries, new red color clothes and many gifts and then her body is set fire along with those gifts). Somehow her chunni was flown to Lucy's terrace and she started using it. Now Lucy was possessed by the ghost of that bride who is upset with her for taking away her chunni and using it.

Fakir took that ghost in confidence and apologized to her on behalf of buaa Lucy for using her chunni unknowingly and also asked for forgiveness and asked her to leave Lucy alone; the ghost demanded new red color clothes with makeup, bangles, sweets and red chunni should be gifted by Lucy to eunuch and she will go away. Same was done by Lucy and after that to until date nothing happened to Lucy.

Thanks for reading my story.

Regards

Other hauntings by senorita

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, senorita, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ravishingdevil (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-04)
Great story i've heard a lot of such incidents lord keeps you and your family safe I myself experienced hell lotta paranormal stuff and I know how creepy and scary it feels.
Aaru275 (4 stories) (55 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-08-07)
Hey hi senorita, TinAA and sheetal. Its so good to meet indian girls like me. And yeah senorita your story was superb.
senorita (2 stories) (17 posts)
+4
10 years ago (2014-04-24)
[at] Tinaa- that's true, we should not take or touch anything which not ours:)... Thanks for the comment:)
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-19)
hi senorita... Same here even I also love to read story like this.
TinAA (1 stories) (84 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-17)
Great story. I liked the way you described it. Well this story teaches a lesson that never keep anything that's not ours. It somewhere affects our lives.
senorita (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-16)
[at] swimsinfire...sorry, I misunderstood your commen and replied in a wrong way...yes, that's the reason that lady discourage everybody from doing so
senorita (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-16)
[at] sheetal- thanks for comment:)...even I am from india, working abroad. But whenever I go to india I get to hear such stories... Which I enjoy:)
senorita (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-16)
[at] Swimsinfire- thanks for comment:)...actually the lady you are talking about must be doing it out of hibby or I am sorry to say black magic. Because in india, specially in remote areas people use used things of the person on whom they want to do place magic. Hair and used piece of cloth are specially used for doing so.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-16)
Senorita Wow what a nice story! You know I came to read your story "RED CHUNNI" very nice title. Yes it happens.
I am from India and I know all these thing. When a newly married girl died things became worse. Very excellent story and thanks for sharing with us 😁
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-15)
That was a good one. I worked for an Indian woman once, who used to caution everyone about keeping things you find, and even buying things second-hand, for that very reason. Interesting example.
senorita (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-15)
Thanks for comment buddy...yeah, thank god she is safe now don't not remember anything now 😁 😁
Denice_engti (5 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-15)
Great story. I must say. I am familier with these customs. Thank god your aunt is now in safe hands. God bless us all

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: