You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Shadows Or Shadow Things Attached To Me?

Real Ghost Stories

Shadows Or Shadow Things Attached To Me?

 

please read the previous story I have posted as it will help with this story.

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=19583#comment

After living in the previous house that I had some paranormal experiences in. Such as: things being moved around, eyes appearing under a bed, and some feelings of a presence in the basement (where things were moved around with no explanation). I'm wondering if something is following me.

When my family and I moved into a newer house (built in the late 1990s or early 2000s-I'm not sure of the exact build date) about 1-2 years later I was laying in my bed and I was in this half dream state (I was not asleep, I could move freely and control my rate of breathing, but not really move my body) and I seen three shadow things sitting on top of my headboard (I had one of those big headboards with storage and a big mirror in it with two towers on either side of the bed for storage). After they were sitting there for what seemed like 5 minutes or so they moved very fast up the rest of the wall and over the ceiling to the other side of my room and then disappeared as they reached the wall. I immediately turned on my light and then called my best friend at the time and told her what happened and she said to wear a cross necklace.

Now I'm not much of a religious person but I did put on the necklace for bed for a week or so because it did freak me out a little bit. I have had experiences before but nothing like this, could something or somethings be following me or attached to me as a person? Because the history of the new house had nothing paranormal or any sort of violent thing in the past because a police officer and his family lived in it right after it was built.

Although if you read my other story at the link above, you can read about one of my experiences with the old house, which I'm not sure of the history because that house was so much older, and also it was in a bad neighborhood so there was some negative energy also. I'm just really wondering if there could be something following me or I'm just more sensitive to paranormal activity than other people. I have had some psychic dreams and I do feel mainly negative presences some-places around town that I go. Why could I not move when I seen the shadow things and could once they disappeared? Could it have been just my fear?

Even since moving in with my husband and living different places I have always had a feeling that I'm never alone, even with no one home but me. Also, we have been living in our present rental for almost 2 years and have 3 cats for the past 9 months, who will randomly just look at things. Also, one of our cats, Darrell, will randomly start yowling at the other end of the house where no one is (none of the other cats are back there either). Could Darrell be looking at something?

Other hauntings by Sellene

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Idaho

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sellene, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Sellene (4 stories) (10 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-26)
After this occurance I had a big finger/hand print bruise on my left calf, like someone with hands like if they were 7ft tall but with a thumb and then 3 fingers above the thumb bruise. I usually get feelings but I can tell the difference between good and bad.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-10)
Sellene, I like JeunaBellas comments. I agree also with zzgranny. There are spirits around us all the time. Whether it be a spirit guide, deceased loved on etc. When you watched the three shadow beings, did you sense any fear or anxiety? Besides what would come as a normal reaction? Also, different spirits have different levels of vibrational energy, so you may be sensing and seeing familiar ones around, and the longer they are around the better you see them etc. I hope you stay safe if you fear these shadows.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-09)
Sellene: I believe spirits are are around us all the time, no matter where we are. Some have very strong vibrations and can be sensed even by those who don't consider themselves "sensitive", if they're paying attention 😊.

If you're interested, we have a sister site specifically geared to psychics and mediums. You can find it by clicking the link at the top of the page: Psychics and Mediums. Basically the same format, and you can use the same user name and e-mail account. We have several members on all three sites. 😊
Sellene (4 stories) (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-08)
I don't mind the lengthy comments at all! 😁 It makes sense about staying positive and I do believe in something (I'm just not sure what religion yet-I mean if there are spirits and things unexplained that I'm witnessing there has to be something out there, right?). I guess I am sounding more and more like a sensitive (read some other stories I have posted) but I also have had precognitive dreams that have ended up playing out later in life. So I guess I do have some 'gifts'. I would really like to know how to start harnessing and using these 'gifts' more and understanding them.

Please comment with your ideas and thoughts!
JeunaBella (3 stories) (58 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-08)
I forgot to mention that you might be sensitive to these entities (I sometimes does too). Other people call it as 'gifts' or sixth sense but I do understand this is hard for you. I had encountered 'remarkable' paranormal stuff too. Try living with the 'gifts' is better than tensing yourself out (try to convince yourself they are just passing or pranking around like us) Do remember to always be strong and positive. BUT if they tend to harm you (occurs in some cases), try to seek a 'professional' help. Most of them were harmless but you should be extra careful in dealing with them just in case they get malevolent.
JeunaBella (3 stories) (58 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-08)
Hi Sellene,

There are lots of explanation for these shadow people and things. From my previous experiences, they are commonly seen out of the corner of the eyes, roaming in places and they can be seen in various places.

Some might be attached to you i.e passed away relatives that cannot leave you, some might be residual i.e previous tenants and some might just want your attention i.e making visible movements and audible noises.

Most of us will freak out at these happenings no matter how many times we experience it. Try to communicate with it to leave you alone and find the light if they could (try to help it/them to move on). You must always be strong and be firm while doing these. It might get attracted to your negative energy or aura so be positive and chill down. And even if you're not that religious you must have faith with your belief otherwise the prayers, rosary and holy stuff won't works because faith comes from within will help in creating barrier for us and the 'others' and will create positive energy as well.

Take care and sorry for the lengthy comment, I was just expressing it from within my heart.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: