You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: New House Terrors

Real Ghost Stories

New House Terrors

 

I had recently moved into my new house back in PA about 5 almost 6 years ago. Since moving in there had been many unexplained things happening. Our remotes, headphones, anything small would go missing and turn up months later right in the center of our bedroom floors. I would have shoes fly out of my closet, and my closet doors slam. Once when I was sleeping, my friend was over at the time, I felt someone push down on my bed as if they were leaning on it. Thinking it was my sister coming to tell me she was home from her night out, I rolled over only to find a face that was not hers, but an old woman, staring back at me. I threw the covers over my head, and I guess my friend woke up cause I heard, "WHAT IS THAT?!?!? Did you see her too?!?" I guess she didn't realize that I was already awake and hiding because of it.

One night that same friend and I were watching one missed call. When it was over my piano started playing the ringtone of the movie upstairs in my living room. I thought my dad was doing it because my dad can play the piano, but him my mom and my sister were all out at dinner and it was just me and my friend in the house. That same night we had cabinets slamming, my closet doors would slam, and we could hear distinct mumbling, and talking coming from the living room, knowing no one was home.

As I grew older my sister moved her room to the basement and I took over the bigger room in the house, besides my parents room, and we made my old room into my nephew's bedroom for when he would visit. He was a baby at the time so we had those musical toys such as the piano and the little walkers that played noise when they would walk with them. One night I was coming out of the shower only to find his little toy piano lighting up and music playing and it was sitting in the center of the floor in his room. Knowing he wasn't there and couldn't have turned it on I walked in and turned it off only to have it turn itself on again after I had left the room. My nephew who is 4 now, will sit in his room screaming "This toy is mine! Back off!" I'll go back and there will be no one there but he'll tell me about the little kid trying to take his toy. He refuses to sleep in there alone, and if he is alone his light always has to be on. To this day I do not know what he sees, but I know it scares him.

On several occasions I will witness the bathroom in my parents bedroom open and the light turn on, and every now and than my dad's belts will fly off the hanger they're on, and they'll fly towards him and land on the floor. Their closet doors also slam. There's only ever been one instance where we've seen a woman walking around the house, I had thought it was my grandmother cause it was an older lady walking into the kitchen. But when I went to go talk to her there was no one there and the only way out of my kitchen is the way you got into it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ItalianBrunette21, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sia1234 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-22)
interesting story indeed... Do you live in the same house? Is this still going on?
minerva (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-08)
Interesting story. We've seen a little girl at my parents' place, both in my room and my brother's. Creepy stuff.
JeunaBella (3 stories) (58 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-08)
Hi there,

Those entities might be residual, reliving their past in the house. You might want to ask 'them' to go with the light and find their peace (help them to cross over to the other side) if you see them again. Ask them to leave you alone firmly and create positive energy around you as they tend to get attracted to negative energy i.e anger or sadness.

The part of your 'lil nephew does struck my heart. Probably another child spirit was missing his/her toys? I know they don't belong to this world anymore but sometimes ago in the past they were and probably reliving their memories are their treasury moments.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: