You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Ghost Dog?

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Dog?

 

When I was around 10 years old one of our German shepherds, Axel, passed away because of a cancer that made his bones ache and make him sick. He passed away about 2 years after getting the cancer and me and my parents and sisters were devastated. He was a good dog. A champion show dog at that too. Anyway...

I was sad for a long while and missed him a lot. Then one day when I was on the couch in the game room watching a TV show when I saw a faint blur out of the corner of my eye. I turned to look and couldn't believe my eyes. There was Axel just like how he was when he passed away only he didn't seem to be in any more pain.

I just stared for a minute trying to comprehend what I was seeing. Axel tipped his head to the side as if saying "What's the matter?" I tried to pet him but my hand just went through him. When he seemed to lick my hand I felt a cold breeze on my hand. I kind of realized then and there he was real. I wasn't crazy. I was so happy I could have burst!

He sat next to me on the couch making a dent where he was sitting. He was really real. After about an hour, though, he got up off the couch and walked out the door looking back at me one last time. Then he just vanished.

Has anyone else experienced a passed on pet coming for a visit? By now I have become to curious about what I've been seeing and want to know what other people think and experienced. Since then I never really saw him again. I have a feeling he's happy where he is though. I will always miss him and never forget the last time I saw him.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KaitlynAW, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

phenonw (1 stories) (32 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-09)
Wonderful story, Thank you for sharing it!
I have several of my best friends (4 legged) that are around me. Makes me feel so Loved. ❤
KaitlynAW (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-17)
M1cr0b1al~ Yeah, mine does sound like a better experience compared to that. I miss him. 😢
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-13)
KMS 92... I'm sad your dad said that, sounds very Christian to me? Look into a dogs eyes, or a horses eyes, for that matter, and tell me that animal doesn't have a soul... I read a theory once that animals have a collective soul. Like, all horses are part of the same collective horse soul, like the branches of a tree, you know? I pondered this, it's an interesting theory. But it's also a very human philosophy and feels kind of arrogant... To me, anyway. Nup, they have souls:)
KMS_92 (1 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-12)
That is a great experience and I had one similar... At first I thought I was going crazy, because my dog Duke had just died and my father said animals don't have souls, but she came to my room licked me one more time and left I never saw her again.
mothernigtshade23 (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-11)
Aawww that's so sweet he wanted to see you one more time. He really loved you. Yes my chow snowball still lays at the foot of my bed. I can feel he's there when I go into seizures. I feel him licking my face. I love your story it shows the bond between best friends.
freakedoutfreddy (1 stories) (77 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-10)
That's so cool! You're very lucky seeing your dog again for one whole hour.
Your dog came to say he is fine and happy.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-10)
Now I had just put the roll of toilet
paper away after reading Jemabellas story, and now look...
Tears all over the phone. This'll be a fav. Dangit. Yes, I have a green ghost dog that follows me around, (who was a neighbors dog that we loved.) You are sweetly blessed.

😊
Bio_Logic (11 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-10)
It was very touching story. Your dog is in peace now so you don't have to worry. All the best for you.
TheCrone (4 stories) (24 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-09)
I work with rescue dogs. I foster sick dogs until they are healthy enough to be adopted. I also work with dogs with behavior problems so they can be adopted. I have an extensive network of friends from all over the country who also work with rescue dogs. Many of them have had pets come back to visit. They see their pets doing things they did in life. They almost always seem to visit when their people really need them.

I wish I had visits from some of mt pets.
AnksCutie (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-09)
I have had the same kind of experience with my dog Scooby. He died because of a disease and my whole family missed him a lot. He used to wake me up in the morning at 5 am everyday to go out by putting his cold nose over my hand. After his death I used to wake up at 5 am daily feeling the same cold nose at my hand.
M1cr0b1al (3 stories) (38 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-08)
Hmm, I haven't had a pet ghost before. However, I have had some demonic dog-like beastly haunt my house for a while. Yours seems like a much better experience!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: