You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Basement Movement

Real Ghost Stories

Basement Movement

 

So earlier I had posted a different experience about this house that I had when I was about 7 years old. This next experience I had we were moving into a different house in the valley that I live in about 7 years later.

We had packed up most of everything in the house and we still had the basement to pack up and move out the boxes. The night before we have to set a tripwire with soda cans and fishing line across the only doorway to the basement and then we lock the door to the basement with a padlock (key lock, not one of the combination locks), then the door to the yard is not locked just shut because the bottom door is always locked.

Well the next day we wake up and I'm told to start loading up the stuff in the basement. So I go outside and open both doors to the basement, the lock on the door had not been moved along with the tripwire was where it was at when I left it, but when I turned on the lights to the basement (it was a pull light a couple of steps into the the dark basement) my breath caught with what I seen.

The boxes on the floor of a different section behind a wall to the first room and the tools on a workbench of the first room where the pull light was. Everything was switched around. The boxes were on the workbench and the tools were where the boxes had been. I ran up the stairs and back into the house to ask my parents and brother if they had been down in the basement after I had locked it up the night before and they all said no and asked if the tripwire was moved. I told them no and they came down and looked at the basement and they thought I was pulling a prank on them.

I to this day believe that there was a spirit or entity in that house because there is no explanation to the tools and boxes being moved that far away from their original location and the tripwire not being moved at all and the lock still being shut. I have had feelings in the basement before but disregarded them as my brain just overreacting to the darkness of the basement.

But now that I am older I have been more attuned to my "feelings" and believe them more than when I was younger. I have had other experiences where my feelings have been strong and I've learned to listen to them.

Other hauntings by Sellene

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Idaho

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sellene, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Jazolinlea (5 stories) (22 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-07)
I understand that. Crazy experience for sure! Thank you for sharing.
Sellene (4 stories) (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-05)
yes the entryway to the basement is outside, bad neighborhood and this way we knew if someone had been in there messing around and a padlock on top of it, lol you get paranoid living in a bad neighborhood.
Jazolinlea (5 stories) (22 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-05)
I am wondering, what was the trip wire for? I have never heard of setting up a trip wire for moving. Is the basement door outside? Is this why you set a trip wire? (sorry just trying to get a perfect mental picture)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: