You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Work Experience

Real Ghost Stories

Work Experience

 

After graduating high school I got a job during the summer months before going to college and then I would have to go to part time work (mostly weekends). I graduated with a CNA certification and was hired at a local nursing home. After working there for about a month I was on the night shift so that I could attend classes during the day and work during the night (as long as I didn't have school the next morning). Some of my co-workers told me about a little girl spirit.

The story behind the little girl was that she visited the residents about a week before they were going to pass away. Having had other previous paranormal experiences this wasn't a "yeah-okay-whatever" story. I kept an open mind on things like these.

Well a couple of nights later, I was working and about 2:30/3:00am I heard men talking down one of the hallways branching off of the nurse's station. I looked up from my charting and asked the nurse and one of the other CNA's if they heard that also. They both nodded. I decided to go investigate because I was concerned if one of the residents was awake (didn't want them to try and get up and risk falling). The other CNA was watching the other call lights for me while I was investigating.

After a room to room check, everyone was asleep and there were no T.V.s or radios going. I let my co-workers know and we all agreed it was probably some of the residents that have passed away just wanting to talk with people.

Well fast forward about 3 or 4 months of working there, I was working on a different hallway and was doing my 2am rounds (checking on incontinent residents/safety checks). I got to the end of the hallway, last room on the left.*Larry's* room (names are changed for privacy). I got all of my supplies ready for changing him and turning him. He had trouble moving and talking but if you gave Larry enough time he could communicate with simple sentences and nodding and shaking of his head.

I was doing my work with Larry and he kept looking at the corner of his room between his sliding glass door and his closet. I asked, "Larry what are you looking at?" He replied, "The little girl." I then asked him, "really?" Larry nodded his head yes and smiled at the corner of the room.

I asked him, "Does the little girl have a name?" Again Larry nodded his head and said, "Rachel". I then asked him what she looked like, he replied, "blonde pigtails with a blue dress". I said hi to Rachel and smiled down a Larry and I see a tear in his eyes.

I asked Larry why he was tearing up and he said, "She wants to play." I told him and Rachel that it was bed time and that they could play in the morning. After I was done repositioning Larry. I cleaned up my supplies and walked back toward the nurse's station to document what cares I have done to which people.

I then asked my co-workers what the residents said about the girl and any other information they had on what she looked like or if she had a name. They said she has blonde hair and a blue dress, sometimes seen with a doll in her arms. As you have previously read when I first learned about the little girl spirit they never told me what she looked like or what she wore.

About a week later after attending my classes and that Friday night (a week has passed since I worked) I was again on that hallway with Larry and some other residents. I was walking down the hallway to Larry's room and I looked up from my paper that I wrote all my notes on and seen a little girl looking around his room's doorway. I started tearing up after the initial shock factor settled down and started doing my work with Larry. He was also tearing up and we looked at each other and didn't really need words to communicate.

We both knew, his time was coming and he was ready. He said to me that night on my last rounds, "Rachel is ready for me, and I'm ready to go and play." I looked into his wise old eyes and said, "I know Larry. You two will have so much fun together for a long time, goodbye." He was smiling and I knew he was finally content. He was locked in a body that had broken down on him and wouldn't move or work anymore.

Two days later he was on comfort care. The next week when I went to work he had passed away. I was so happy that I had a chance to see the little girl and know that his time was coming to have the chance to say goodbye.

After Larry passed away I could always feel a presence in that room and it wasn't a bad presence and it wasn't all the time. I like to think it was Larry just stopping in to look in at his old home and possibly me.

Other hauntings by Sellene

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Idaho

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sellene, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-05-21)
My dear Sellene, this is a very nice story and goes to my favourites.

Thanks for sharing this wonderful experience.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-05-06)
Such a sweet story that brought tears to my eyes. Thank you so much for sharing this!
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-05-05)
Hoh my. Oh my. These kind of stories always are so sweet. Awesome work. Yes, in total agreement with everyone, so good to know they have someone waiting on the other side. Thankyou for a sweet feel good story.
Sellene (4 stories) (10 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-05-05)
Thank you all for the kind comments 😁. I'm actually a Med Tech now so I can assist with medications and also sometimes work as a CNA. I'm considering going into the Veterinary Science but undecided right now. But I know for sure I would love to do event/wedding planning.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-05-03)
This goes in the Fav's file. Thank you for the work you did at this 'home' for the work you do now... Still a nurse right?...and for sharing this experience with us.

Respectfully,

Rook
lynrinth (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-03)
A very sweet story. I am so glad someone like you works in a place where people need love and compassion, and I wish more people like you around worked in places like that.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-05-02)
AWWW Sellene - thank you so much for this touching story! I'm sure along with me, many members will also tear up after reading about Larry and Rachel
😭
I'm glad Larry is free now. Must be a very rewarding job you have and at the same time tough. Keep up your great work and spirit! ❤
cecil04 (6 stories) (62 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-05-02)
this is truly a wonderful story, thanks a lot for sharing! ❤

[at] Argette:
Same here, a couple of weeks before my grand-grandmother died she said she was dreaming about her best friend (who passed away years before) and that in the dream she said to her "now you will come to me soon, i'm so happy already..."
Arwen1957 (7 stories) (47 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-05-02)
We have a little boy and a red haired girl that often appear when residents are going to pass. The little boy is called Tommy and comes out of closets in the residents rooms. The little girl is Jenny and is often seen by residents playing with something on the floor. I have worked at this nursing home for almost 20 years and have seen and heard so many things. I think the spirits are a sign of comfort for residents and staff that someone is waiting for those who pass, Thank you for sharing Rachael it makes me feel much better about Tommy and Jenny
Argette (guest)
+2
10 years ago (2014-05-01)
Many years ago when my great grandmother was dying she told us she dreamed that her parents and siblings and others were on one side of a chasm and she was on the other. They kept calling her. The mind and the spirit know when the time has come.
Sellene (4 stories) (10 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-01)
I totally agree with you JeunaBella! That is how I look at it too!
JeunaBella (3 stories) (58 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-05-01)
That was beautiful. He was welcomed to the other world by another spirit knowing his time has come. I think the dead people spirits do know if someone will join them soon and when you know you're going to move to another realm with a companion can less the burden of dying (in my opinion).

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: