You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Black Dog In My Room

Real Ghost Stories

Black Dog In My Room

 

A couple of months ago, I came back home from college to visit my family in the Twin Cities. That night, however, I had an experience that has bothered me ever since.

It all started with a lucid dream I had that night. Lucid dreams are really not common with me but I usually enjoy them a lot and try exploring when I do get them. For those that don't know, a lucid dream is when you wake up inside your dream and realize your dreaming. From there, most people usually try things like flying or traveling anywhere they want.

However, with this lucid dream I felt like I was being chased by something and I needed to get away. I remember jumping through doorways and running up and down stairs until finally I jumped onto a raised platform and then jumped awake.

I immediately felt this relief come onto me as if I made it away from whatever it was and then I looked to my right and saw something I'll never forget. About 5 inches away from my face on the side of my bed was a black dog the size of a pug barking madly at me like it wanted to kill me. As hard as it tried, it couldn't get even an inch closer to me and I remember having the strangest reaction to it. I wasn't scared at all. Actually, I felt so incredibly safe and secure that I laughed at it. After about 7 seconds the dog gave up and disappeared and I got up and said a prayer thanking God for watching over me.

Now, I would consider myself a fairly religious person and I know in my heart without doubt God does exist. That night I truly felt that God had an angel watching over me that gave me peace from whatever it was and ultimately saved me from its grasp. It sounds weird but it didn't even feel like I was saying the prayer immediately after the dog left. It felt like someone else was saying the words for me.

I'm still a bit weary to try having another lucid dream since then but it was a good feeling knowing that I'm being watched over by a God that cares.

Other hauntings by killer9755

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, killer9755, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

WeScorchedTheSky (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-23)
This sounds similar to something that happened to me. Being a christian, I believe in God, and angels and demons. One time, back when I was about ten, I was having a dream, which I don't remember, then I woke up and looked around. It was dark, but there was unmistakeably a shadow in the shape of a seated man on the end of my bed. Oddly enough, I didn't feel afraid of it, and just said, "oh it's you," or something. It vanished and I went back to sleep. I've had quite a few paranormal experiences, but only sight. I've never touched one, only seen and heard them.
MitoTakatori (49 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-06)
I love this story! God do really exist and He's watching and protecting us.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-06)
It reads like the OP said it WAS a lucid dream, because he said he got up and praied after the dog thing. And sometimes spirit does speak to you like that. So I don't know, seems like it to me. But then I have this theory that nothing is paranormal, it's all normal, we just don't understand it.
Sarah (1 stories) (53 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-03)
Hi,
Your story sounded a little similar to an experience I once had. My story is called Growling and the rosary prayer. Check it out.
Hope it helps,
Sarah
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-02)
Hello killer9755, BJJ and mama are right. When you get such lucid dreams, after you are awake, you will definitely feel as if those things have happened personally to you as if you never had a dream. So, you wake up minimum twice, once or more than once in the dream and finally you wake up. So I think you had a strange dream and I do not think it has anything to do with paranormal.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-02)
I agree with mamachong. It seems very likely to me that you weren't fully awake when you saw the dog. Sorry, this particular experience doesn't really strike me as paranormal. Interesting though.
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-01)
I get the impression that you didn't hear the dog barking. Is it possible that you were still dreamimg when you saw the dog? I've had dreams like that. In dreams like that I even dreamed that I woke up two or three times, only to actually finally really wake up. I hate dreams like that.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: