You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Man With No Head

Real Ghost Stories

The Man With No Head

 

When I was little, about 3 or 4 I would see a man with no head and a small ball of light each night. I was always in bed when he would appear, wearing a tux and tails, holding a top hat in one hand and a straight cane in the other. He stayed in the hallway outside my room, doing a side step dance up and down the hallway in front of my bedroom door. In front of him a ball of white would sail smoothly along, low to the floor.

Generally I was big fraidy cat, but I wasn't afraid of these entities. I would sit up in my bed watching him do his dance with his companion ball of light. Sometimes I would try to communicate - I would say hello to them, ask what happened to his head, and ask if he liked to dance. I never got any response, they just kept going back and forth until I fell asleep.

One night I called to my mother that there's a man with no head in the hallway. She came tearing out with my grandmother. The adults dismissed it and told me that what I was seeing were the headlights from cars driving down our street. The way the house was set up, if a car came down the block, the headlights would shine through the front bedroom windows and could be seen moving across the wall in the hallway from my bedroom. I knew the difference between a car and man with no head dancing.

One night he didn't appear and I never saw him or the ball of light again. I have stood by the fact that I know what I saw for 37 years.

Recently, my adult son and I went camping and I recalled the story of the man with no head and his floating ball of light. My son looked me in the eyes and said, "Hey wait a minute, was it wearing a tuxedo?" He confirmed what I knew all along, it was real! My son said he only saw the man in the tux once, and the ball of light was where the head would be.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Catrinky72, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-06)
Very cool! But was he hanging out with you all that time? I supose he decided well, her son should be as cool as his Mom, so... Awesome story.
Catrinky72 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-02)
Yes, I would like to check the archives. He was kind of cool, never came into my room - he needed that stage!
Grace2020 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-02)
Sounds like this was just a friendly spirit nothing more maybe even scared. Entities have a way of knowing what you are saying so maybe it knew you told your mother and got scared! This is a great story since it was validated by you, after 37 years, and your son! Look into records for a man missing or killed by that area. You may find something
Thanks
Grace ❤ ❤ ❤
Alduin (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-02)
Aww, That sounds sweet. Poor guy. But if I had that i'd be scarred for life!
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-01)
This sounds more like it is entertaining than scary. I wonder why there was a ball of light where the head would be.
Catrinky72 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-01)
Thanks for reading my story! My son also used to speak about an entity he was interacting with in the same house named Andrew, he said "he has lights on him." He was only about 2 at the tie and he has no recollection of it at all.
valkricry (49 stories) (3267 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-06-01)
What a neat story! I can't help but wonder why he had no head. It sounds as though it may have been residual. But, I'm with Miracles - having your experience validated is awesome!
Catrinky72 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-01)
The house was built in about 1929. We were the second owners. Prior to that the area was farmland. I am thinking maybe a car accident victim, a performer maybe. The house was near Coney Island in Brooklyn so its a possibility!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-06-01)
Catrinky72 - having your experience validated, even 37 years later, is awesome... And by your son makes it even better 😁

Have you ever tried to find out the history of the land, house, etc to see if anyone died there that could have been who you and your son saw?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: