You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Someone In My Living Room

Real Ghost Stories

Someone In My Living Room

 

When I was young my family and I lived in an apartment in Monroe, MI. I remember it was the weekend and I was just sitting in the living room playing Nintendo. My family was all asleep and I was the only one awake in the house. When I was done playing I turned off the Nintendo and as the screen when black I seen someone in the reflection walking towards the kitchen. It was a large man about the same height and build of my dad. I was young and thought that my dad was awake so I ran into the kitchen and found that no one was there. There was no way that he could have walked through the other side of the kitchen without me knowing, the apartment we had was tiny.

I promptly freaked out and ran into my parents' room to sleep on the floor until they got up. I never forgot it, it is fresh and clear in my mind and I have no doubt that I seen something paranormal. I haven't quite figured out what or who it was walking through my house, what I can tell you is that Monroe, MI has a lot of history dealing with the Revolutionary and Civil War. There were a tribe of Native Americans that use to call the region their home. I'm not sure why, but I have a very strong suspicion it was a Native American. I'm not sure why and I don't feel strongly enough to say for sure it was. It wasn't malicious or didn't mean me any harm it was more like it was just passing through and I was lucky enough to see it, I don't think I'm a psychic I think I just got lucky enough to see something that let's me believe without a doubt in the existence of ghosts.

Other hauntings by mastershake

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mastershake, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-13)
Hi mastershake, I also feel that it could be residual haunting. But can't say because you had only one experience. But did you experience anything further or did any of your parents or siblings had any such encounters in the house? If so, please share it with us. Otherwise, it could just be one of accidental paranormal encounters, you have experienced.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-09)
Mastershake - hello and thanks for sharing your story. It sounds to me like a residential haunting, since it didn't do anything to you. Have you seen anything else since?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: