You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Grandma's Death And Dream Diary

Real Ghost Stories

My Grandma's Death And Dream Diary

 

My grandmother died recently and as I was going through her old possessions I found a dream diary she had been keeping. It started off with typical dreams then as I read further she began to "dream" about all of her dead siblings. In one of the dreams she said she saw all of the standing at the foot of her bed, they were all white and holding their hands out too her. She wrote that she told them that she wasn't ready to leave the family that she loved and she woke up. (On a side note this wasn't the first time she saw her dead siblings another time she was making dinner and she seen them standing on her patio watching her.)

As I got closer to the day she died in her dream journal she wrote how she had a dream where all of her family had gotten together for a dinner and she had a good time. After dinner she said she went into her bedroom and my grandfather (long dead) was sitting on the bed waiting for her. He told her not to worry that he would always take care of her. Then she woke up feeling good. I got to the last entry in her journal and wrote about a nightmare that she had the actual nightmare isn't significant. What is significant is that she wrote "I wasn't scared because when I woke up I could see Jerry" (my dead grandfather). Right after my grandmother died my father drove home to pick up my mother. Once he walked in the house he tried to turn the light on when you walk in and the light blew. He had just installed new energy efficient lights in his house. I believe that it was my grandma following him to make sure he got home safe, because he was very distraught when she passed. I am not sure if any of these are ghosts but I thought it was strange enough to post on this site.

Other hauntings by mastershake

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mastershake, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-08)
Welcome to YGS and thanks for sharing this touching story with us.
I'm sorry for your loss.

It is so comforting to know the way your grandmother was given notice of her upcoming death by her loved ones.
Since she was fully aware and still able to write down her dreams until the last days prior to her death, I assume she had a peaceful passing and went happily to the other side.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: