You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Mysterious Knocking Noise

Real Ghost Stories

The Mysterious Knocking Noise

 

My house is relatively new being built 16 years ago. Nothing "haunting" happens in this home besides the occasional out of the ordinary stuff that I feel is someone letting us know that they're there. This story I'm about to tell is different. It was as if our house was haunted for a few hours.

I had just gotten home from school and decided to grab myself a snack and sit down to watch TV. My older brother was downstairs in the computer room, playing around with a game online. I remember just sitting down on the couch, minding my own business when all of a sudden BANG! BANG! BANG! I stopped what I was doing for a second and, when the noise didn't continue, I put it off as being construction from across the street... But it sounded like it was coming from the attic.

I thought it was impossible for someone to be up there for a long period of time because the structure isn't stable enough to hold someone that long. After about a minute of shrugging it off, I heard it again. Three loud bangs in a row. It was as it someone was knocking on the wall as hard as they could. This time it only paused for a second and then the three knocks became present again.

I hurried up downstairs to my brother to ask him if he could hear it. I couldn't believe it, the noise was so loud that we could hear it from the basement. It couldn't have been construction because the sound was fainter downstairs than upstairs.

My brother started to get spooked from the noise and called my dad. The sound continued until my dad got home and he went up to check the attic. No one was up there and he shook it off to be an animal.

To this day, I know what I heard and I know that it's not possible for an animal to make that kind of noise. After a while, my dad was able to convince my brother that it was an animal; however, I know that it wasn't. I also know that it wasn't construction because I later found out that no work was being done at the time the noises occurred. I'm not sure what or who it was. I just know they definitely made their existence known.

Other hauntings by EllBell1415

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, EllBell1415, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Piedpiper (3 stories) (18 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-25)
Wow. I don't think you have anything to worry about, as it obviously didn't hurt you. It was probably just trying to get your attention. On another note, all I could think when I read the title of your story was, "Snape. Snape. Severus Snape. DUMBLEDORE!"
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-23)
Nice story... Are you heard that banging again?... If not then it must be some co-incidental voice... Regards,
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-06-21)
EllBell1415 - the coincidence of your story's timing is kind of ironic LOL. My son had an experience similar to this, only he thought he heard Bigfoot 😊 He was able to debunk the "bang, bang, bang" (yes, it was exactly 3 bangs repeated over and over, with time lapsed between them). I was impressed 😆

Now, I won't sit here and tell you that what my son was able to figure out is what happened at your home, but I will tell you that it is a possibility that something similar could be what you experienced.

My son and his nephews (my son is 12; nephews 8 and 6) were outside playing. My son heard this banging sound. Freaked him out the longer he heard it; in his mind it became the sound Bigfoot makes when he bangs on trees. I won't bore you with all the details because I could make this a small novel 😉 Long and short of it is, his nephews were hitting a tree with a stick, making the bang, bang, bang sound.

Like I said, I won't try and convince you the sound you and your family heard is what my son heard. But I will try and convince you that there may have been someone working in their home, and that sound carried to your home. Someone could have been redecorating, maybe moving pictures around or whatever. It's funny how sounds carry and sound differently when they do.

Anyway, thanks for sharing this with us. If it happens again, let us know in the comments part of this story, okay? We'll try and help you figure it out.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: