You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Wide Mouth Figure

Real Ghost Stories

The Wide Mouth Figure

 

This experience happened to my boyfriend and I a couple months ago. I just found this sight and thought maybe I could get a little feed back on what others think this might be. So, here it goes.

Colton and I were driving home from his parents' (we live in Grande Prairie Alberta and his parents live near Blueberry Mountain, so about an hour and a half away from our home). It was still winter and the roads were pretty bad so we took it slower. On the drive home I noticed that the moon was very large and was slowly turning a dark orange almost red colour. (I'm Pagan so to me this means to be cautious, especially on icy roads). I kept it to myself that I was a little worried just so I wouldn't freak out my boyfriend, but just asked if we could drive a little slower.

It was about 1 am before we finally got back into town. And just as we are hitting the first set of lights, all of a sudden we see a black figure in front of the car. Colton slammed on the breaks and when we blinked it was gone. Luckily no one was behind us because it was a green light and we probably would have been rear ended. My boyfriend is a kind soul that is a lot more sensitive than the average male and has suffered major heart issues over the past 2 years. This being said his reaction to what just happened is very understandable. He gripped his chest and started to cry. Not just from the pain but for all of 10 seconds he thought he had just hit someone with his car. I knew we didn't hit anyone because I watched this figure disappear just as we stopped.

I comforted him and worried a lot about his heart. He pulled over to collect himself and kept asking me what happened and what he just saw. He knows I believe in this sort of thing due to past experiences, but he's only had one experience he couldn't explain happen to him and it was far more different than this one. In another story I will tell you of his first encounter.

The thing that came to mind when I saw this figure is that it was a Shadow. Not your normal shadow from a person, no. Shadows are entities that not always haunt but like to make themselves known and can be tricksters. But the energy of this one felt a lot more different than the ones I had encountered in the past. We slowly made our way home and he soon fell asleep. But I couldn't shake the feeling something was off.

The next morning he awoke just fine, and went along with his day. Night soon came again and we crawled into bed. He always had to fall asleep laying on my arm, either facing towards me and laying on my chest, or facing away and just laying on my arm. When he sleeps he twitches... Alot. More than anyone I know. So when this started up it was normal to me, but it started to get more violent. Like he was trying to get away from something. He woke up bolting up-right in bed drenched in sweat. He looked over at me with terrified eyes and he got the look on his face like he was going to cry. I laid him back down and he started to explain his dream.

Both of us were in the car just like any other night driving home from his parents' house. He looked in the rear view mirror and saw a big dark shape. (Now I'm going to go a little off topic here for a second. He drives a 2005 Ford Mustang GT. Now, if you own or know someone with a Mustang, you know the back seat isn't that big. In fact, if you're tall, it's a little cramped and you usually hit your head on the ceiling.) This figure took up the whole back seat. Legs pulled up towards its chest sitting across the back seats, its head stooped down a little bit because of how tall it was. As he looked he made out its face, almost cat-like dirty yellow eyes, no nose that he could make out and a grin from ear to ear if it had any, with nasty looking jagged teeth, and it was staring at me with a menacing look on its face. He stopped the car, got out, ran to my side and I was gone. So was the figure in the back seat. He ran around the car, screaming my name and then woke up.

For the next two nights he was reluctant to sleep, but each morning he woke up without an appearance from the Shadow Figure. Another night passed without incident and that night he fell asleep as soon as he hit the pillow, only to wake me up an hour later thinking I was dead.

This dream he was laying in bed sleeping, he opened his eyes (in his dream) and looked up at the ceiling only to find the Shadow Figure hovering over me with an angry look on its face (I was turned away from him). Colton screamed at the figure and the figure lunged at him trying to put its long-fingered hand on his chest over his heart. Colton fought back and grabbed the Shadow's arm with one hand and with the other he punched through the Shadow's chest. The Shadow screamed and hovered quickly towards the closet, and then he woke up, and I was in the same position I was in his dream. When I sleep I have a habit of stopping breathing for a couple seconds and then start back up. But I also breathe very shallowly, so it's easy to mistake me for not breathing at all.

Now, the wall beside the closet has a mirror, a rather big one. And as he fell back asleep I swear I saw this thing glare at me through the mirror and then turn away and disappear. Since then we haven't experienced anything from this Shadow Figure but it truly terrified him, and I still can't figure out what the heck it was or why it felt so different and hostile towards me.

Feedback would be appreciated. If anyone has experienced anything similar please let me know!

Other hauntings by AmariaWolfThorn

 

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AmariaWolfThorn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Mjr_Winters (17 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2014-10-30)
I don't think Imps are haunting you by the way...
If you are pagan you know that... They also are Religious scholars in the era of early Christians... They call them Scholars

~Major
Mjr_Winters (17 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-30)
Imps are often shown as small and not very attractive creatures. Their behavior is described as being wild and uncontrollable, much the same as fairies, and in some cultures, they were considered the same beings, both sharing the same sense of free spirit and enjoyment of all things fun...

(This is only my opinions and Ideas based on my experiences so please don don't take this seriously if you think it is not helpful)

Think Imps is haunting you... Maybe you have some sort of negative energy in you that your Boyfriend is attached to it because him also is haunting by it (dark figure shadow)... Any dark entity can shape shift in anything they like... And you said you have a shallow breathing when sleeping and your Boyfriend have a soft heart you know what I mean... And your are living with your Boyfriend right?... Something's missing in the details I think, you have not share everything... (sorry for personal asking) have you two sinned?...in any heavy case?...

Just wanted to know...

But, I'll pray for you guys... Be in God's way...
May the Almighty Blessing guide you...

~Major
AmariaWolfThorn (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-02)
Kyubelikus;

I found out it wasn't my boyfriend that it was after at all. It was Me. It really hates Colton. The old lady in my house hates him as well... My story the Imp, this wide mouth figure is the Imp that we saw... My friend says I opened a doorway somewhere and didn't close it. But I have no recollection of opening any doorway at any time. My mother was always very strict and cautious with me when it came to opening and closing the doors. But somehow one was opened either by me or around me and it Found me and now is attached to me, living in my house and Waiting for something to happen. I have no idea what but it's freaking me out pretty bad... The older lady keeps an eye on it and keeps it away from me as best as she can... I don't know what to do...
Kyubelikus (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-04)
Hi Amaria, just checking on you, how has it been going? And how's your boyfriend?
AmariaWolfThorn (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-04)
Kyubelikus, yeah that could be it haha:) and thank you we will try to stay as safe as possible!
Kyubelikus (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-02)
Then it would seem that the love you have and is given to you has sheltered you from them... And it has really pissed them off... Or has them extremely jelly for that matter... Him having all your attention and not them lol... I hope both of you will be safe...
mimerkki (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-01)
Hi,

You two seem like a good couple. It may very well be, that love you two have protects you somehow. Does your boyfriend have a belief system? If he does, the spirits may be also reacting to it. You say you are pagan. I don't know what it entails, but (and it's just me) believe, that a humble attitude goes a long way. Some sort of trust in some sort of higher being, what ever you want to call it, might also prove helpful.
AmariaWolfThorn (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-30)
That honestly could be it. Because it was an everyday thing for me until he showed up. And its only when I'm away from him that I start seeing things or I pick up on things that others don't. I went quadding with my boyfriends brother last night and was freaking out because I kept seeing something follow us. But then again it could have been a grizzley and apparently they let some cougars out in the area so I wasn't too sure what I wanted it to be more lol
Kyubelikus (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-30)
This might sound crazy, but could it be the fact that your boyfriend has made you stronger against those things and they don't like it? In your boyfriend's dream he fought of that thing to protect you... So can it be it was trying scare him out so it could get at you? Or viceversa? Anyways... Its just a thought... I hope nothing else terrible will happen to you and your boyfriend
AmariaWolfThorn (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-29)
I've blessed him and the home. Its calmed down but this stuff never happened to him until we started dating. And I was plagued by these things for a long time so I thought maybe they noticed him when he found me. I don't know this stuff is just bothering me because I don't want him to go through what I went through for so many years
Amp21190 (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-29)
I also read and commented on your impostors. It really seems that other world lies are tormenting your poor bf. I feel awful for him. I know out beliefs are different but it really seems like demons have a peculiar interest in him and I would really start praying. Not sure if moving would help or a simple blessing of your home?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: